You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

Their defenders will try to wipe out our front three at every opportunity. The ref needs to be switched on to the cunt tricks of their back four, specifically Ramos. Sneaky elbows will be thrown during corners. They'll surround the ref after every challenge. They'll roll around on the floor to get our players sent off. They'll dive every time they're in the box. 

• Upvote 1

Their defenders will try to wipe out our front three at every opportunity. The ref needs to be switched on to the cunt tricks of their back four, specifically Ramos. Sneaky elbows will be thrown during corners. They'll surround the ref after every challenge. They'll roll around on the floor to get our players sent off. They'll dive every time they're in the box.

This is what I dread , a yellow card to add to the nerves of a further red , and ultimately fuckin' the game up. It seems inevitable like you said with these cunts but apart from that I think we'll do it though my arse is twitching even now just thinking of it, it will be.

Probably been posted somewhere on here but this is brilliant

Yes Real are a good team with plenty of experience, but after watching that I am heartily reminded that on our day we are more than capable.

• Upvote 1

Being cheated out of it by a snide team full of nous of the dark arts is as big a worry for me as being dicked by them being great.

We are a very honest and nice team and i can see us getting done by shithousery/them conning refs. Hopefully the ref and his 'assistants' are strong and switched on.

Just saw Rafa himself saying that the current team is better than the 2005 one. Hard to disagree with that. But, ultimately, it does not mean all that much in a final. Our 2007 team was better than the 2005 one while the Milan team was arguably weaker in 2007 relative to the 2005 one. All that matters is how good you are on the day (with a dose of luck thrown in).

The 2007 starting lineup was a disgrace though. Subs bench was stronger

Ignoring the split between what people think is the best version of our team, is everybody in agreement that the AC Milan side is better than this Real Madrid side?

Personally I think this Real Madrid team have slightly higher individual performers in it (Ronaldo no what anyone thinks of him is a very good performer), however I do think that this Liverpool team is also better than the Liverpool team of 2005. Sure, they had Gerrard but this team has Salah, Firmino and Mane and I reckon Gerrard would have sex wee the night before the final in this current team.

The things that give me the most confidence are;

A lot of the teams we've faced have been unprepared for how good our front 3 are the first time they face them, leaving them having to react to us rather than sticking to their gameplan. We have been devastating in our first legs this year, and this is the first time Real will play against this version of Liverpool, so I think we could surprise them.

We have also been devastating at home this year in the champions league, and it's looking like this will feel like a home game judging by thousands of Madrid tickets being sent back etc. Should be a big boost for the players.

Madrid play attacking football, that suits us just fine.

Last season we were undefeated against all the top 6, we play better when the team in front of us is better, I spent the entire season pondering about how it might translate over to European football, having fingers crossed hoping we make top 4 and I get to find out. Well we made top 4 and we qualified, and now we're in the fucking final. So it looks like it does indeed translate over, and with Real being a top class team we'll put in a performance that we'll be telling our grandkids about.

Since Klopp took over there hasn't been many games where I've looked at it and thought the other team completely outclassed us, it's usually us backheeling ourselves in the bollocks, or snide Pulis style tactics that cause us to lose.

"That's how you're gonna beat 'em, Butch. They keep underestimating you."

For the record, I absolutely love Sami, the massive leg.

But on my arbitrary scale of either the same, better or worse, I’m putting them as same.

Haven’t been as impressed by a signing so quickly as I have been with Virg though.

Including Mo.

If I may add that the player development, foreign talent spotting and average level of tactical approach of Spanish clubs seems to be second to none and superior to the PL. The only thing in which the PL seems to be much better than La Liga is finance and global marketing.

Hard to disagree with that assessment. Strangely enough,I'd say we are the English equivalent of Atletico Madrid in over achieving despite having a smaller budget than our rivals. Where we are miles apart is in both style of play and attitude to the game. We do need to be more snidey like they are though.

Ronaldo has just said "Madrid are better" and Del Bosque has claimed "I can't find a single Liverpool player that improves Real Madrid, not even Salah". He also said Madrid will beat us 4-1.

Just like in 81 when Bayern printed the map on the match day programme on how to get to Paris for the final
  • Upvote 1