You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

We have had another shed load of charges thrown at us. They’ll have to pay the judge ovies at this meeting on the11th June. Looking on the bright side we never blocked any corridors , only Roma are up for that.

Well they have to divert attention away from doing diddly squat and not charging Roma over the Sean Cox incident. If it had been us that had done that goodness knows we would have been charged with.

We need to keep a level base of intensity throughout the match and then turn it on in very select moments. If people think we can do to Madrid what we did to City and Roma, they'll have another thing coming.

I can think of no worse scenario than putting in a blazing 30 minutes like we did in the quarters and semis except we miss our chances, Madrid hang on by a thread and then absolutely bury us later on in the match when we're dead on our feet. I'll honestly cry if that happens and I can envision it right now. Just play smart, please. 

We need to keep a level base of intensity throughout the match and then turn it on in very select moments. If people think we can do to Madrid what we did to City and Roma, they'll have another thing coming.

I can think of no worse scenario than putting in a blazing 30 minutes like we did in the quarters and semis except we miss our chances, Madrid hang on by a thread and then absolutely bury us later on in the match when we're dead on our feet. I'll honestly cry if that happens and I can envision it right now. Just play smart, please.

Alternatively we take all our chances and are 8-0 up after an hour.

I do sort of agree though that we might be better with a cagey first half, then blitz the second. Klopp and the team have shown that we are not that good at tactical changes during the match, but I think Klopp is good at them at half time. As per the Man City away game, for example.

If we surprise Madrid in the first half, but don't manage to put them away then there's a real chance they can come back at us and we won't have another level to go up. If we can sort of save the surprise for the second half then they have less time to react.

Or we could just be 5-0 up with 10 minutes to go like against Roma, I'd be ok with conceding two in the last 10 minutes then.

Wish Lovren was a mute. He must just love seeing his name in the paper for something other than calling out a callamity.

Fair enough if you're confident, great. If you want to inspire your team, great. If you want to be a leader, great. But do it in-house instead of sounding off in the media, you gimp.

Right now, floating aaround to Shine On You Crazy Diamond and thinking that there's no way that Madrid can beat us, it just isn't happening, an impossibilty. Eternity is within our grasp.

I dare say I will be feeling very different nearer kick off.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS

Proud of my team and proud to be Liverpudlian (albeit, by proxy). Proud of your politics, your determination, passion and of your pride itself.

There's nowhere like it, there's no-one like us.

Lift that cup.

• Upvote 1

Proper nervous now. All I can see is the twats going to ground every time we press ruining our flow and one of our players losing their head. They are good enough to pick us apart if we over extend.

They have the nous and experience we have the heart and desire i just hope it's enough.

Madrid aren’t as good as the Milan 2005 team, and we are better than we were back then. We’re a decent chance.

Agree on  the first point but not on the second, we had some real quality throughout the side back then - some very obvious deficiencies in this team.

Agree on the first point but not on the second, we had some real quality throughout the side back then - some very obvious deficiencies in this team.

Dudek vs Karius - somewhat even, Dudek shades it. -0.5

Djimi vs Robbo - no contest. +1

Sami vs Van Dijk - Even

Carra vs Lovren - no contest. -1

Finnan vs Trent - experience shades it. -1

Xabi vs Hendo - no contest. -1

Stevie vs Milner - no contest. -1.

Garcia vs Gini - for the way to two sides play, I’ll call this even.

Riise vs Salah - no contest. +1.

Smicer/Kewell vs Mane - no contest. +1

Baros/Cisse vs Firmino - no contest. +1

By that, 2005 comes out 0.5 points (or the difference between the goalies) ahead.

Sami vs Van Dijk - Even

By that, 2005 comes out 0.5 points (or the difference between the goalies) ahead.

I feel like while you're dishing out .5s some of the no contests deserve extra weight.

Sami vs Van Dijk - Even

Maybe you should add more flexibility in rating, the last 3 are not just + 1, they are +2 at least.