You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

We can absolutely get at them big time....but they can also absolutely get at us big time.

I think they will go after TAA big time with Marcelo but in doing so they may leave themselves very open - and we could punish that.

Can't help but feel it will be end to end, full of hearts in the mouth moments and that horrible fucking twat Ronaldo will have a massive impact on the result with either absolute genius or horrendous cheating.

It is incredible we are in this final and we can of course win it, we'll need to be clinical, we'll need some luck and we'll need our defenders to be at the absolute top of their games and not get sucked in/fall victim to the shithouse cheating the greasy tumbler et al will no doubt employ....hopefully ref is strong too.

It is excruciating as well as exciting waiting for the game....have a feeling the game will be the same....so fucking good to be back involved in a night like this though, it is what it is all about...

Allez Allez Allez!

Once we got 4th boxed off I could settle down to enjoy this. We have the best attacking unit in world football. Our midfield as limited as it is is very good at stopping the opposing midfield from getting a grip on a game. This becomes attack v defence and that suits me.

It’s mad we are in this final. If any club of European repute can put these primadonna posers to the sword it is Liverpool football club.

• Upvote 1

Anything is possible if we can have one of our 20/25 minute blitzes against them.

They're a good team. But, I think we can get at their back four, in particular, the full backs.

Playing Casemiro is important for them. If they don't have a holder in between their defence and midfield, I think our front 3, the midfield runners and overlapping full backs can hurt them and drag their back four into areas they don't want to be in.

Guest Alex_K

Are they still counter attacking team, as under Mourinho? Haven’t watched much of them since then .. but seems similar personnel? 6 of their outfield players around 30 or over ?

I think we'll need to do something tactically to beat them. I'd do like against City in the second half of the second leg and put Salah in the middle, Mane on the right and Firmino on the left.

That or a 4-2-3-1 with Salah or Firmino in the #10 and Milner on one of the wings. Marcelo is too much of a threat and we can't have our most likely goal threat play like a wing back.

I'd like to say we'll beat them and they have weaknesses but they just don't lose in the Champions League and their fitness at the end of games is ridiculous. Hard for me to imagine a win, but I believe a little.  

In the last interview I saw with Klopp he said the words "we need to be an opponent", and he is exactly right.

Nobody expects us to win. We are playing the biggest club in the entire world. We will concede goals for sure, but we really are one of the best counter attacking teams I have ever seen.

Whatever happens this is a privilege. We are in the CL final and if we lose then so be it. Better to be in it and lose than not to be there at all.

• Upvote 1

We will have to start fast against these and blitz them early. I fear if we arent ahead on 75 mins we wont lift the trophy..

Jurgen needs to get in the players heads about being streetwise too.  These fuckers are masters of the dark arts, gamesmanship and the like.

• Upvote 1

We will have to start fast against these and blitz them early. I fear if we arent ahead on 75 mins we wont lift the trophy..

Disagree. They will be all over us at the end of the match if we try to start fast and we've lost leads multiple times this season because we ran out of gas following these bursts of intensity.

We'll have to be consistent throughout the match and chose our moments because if we try to blitz them early but we aren't clinical, we'll get absolutely smashed later on.