You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England Squad

WhiskeyJar

I don't think we have the players to go anywhere past the quarters , so if I was Southgate I would think that the key was putting up an exciting, pacy and youthful effort to provide a template for the future. I would use the Liverpool 433 set up.

Butland

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Bertrand

Loftus-Cheek

Henderson

Alli

Sterling

Kane

Rashford

Butland

Walker

Dier

Stones

Delph

Henderson

Shelvey

Alli

Sterling

Vardy

Kane

Subs:

Sancho

Rashford

Lingaard

Trent

Deeney

Drinkwater

Lookman

Dunk

Lallana

Sessegnon

etc

Have to play to our strengths, we have a great batch of exciting young kids, and the squad needs to full of them. There's no expectation, let them go and get some experience at a World Cup.

• Upvote 1

Butland

Young

Smalling

Stones

Walker

Henderson

Lallana

Milner ©

Sterling

Kane

Walcott

That's the best i've got. I'm thinking the fullbacks and wingers can double up to cause the opposition problems with their pace. An experienced, workmanlike midfield so they can press high up the pitch. One ball playing defender and one that's good in the air to handle the press, but also any physical threat. Pelvis head up front to claim every goal. And most importantly, no kids.

*I know Milner's retired from International football, but he should be captain of England*

Have to play to OUR strengths, WE have a great batch of exciting young kids, and the squad needs to full of them. There's no expectation, let them go and get some experience at a World Cup.

Have Liverpool qualified for the World Cup too? Jurgen is an absolute revelation and far better than I'd even given him credit for.

With low expectations, no fans or nobhead journos the team is not bad.

In a Denmark/Greece Euros sense of not bad.

They could do OK with a team attitude and togetherness. Bit of pace, long ball counter attacking. Bit of Leicester about them.

My biggest stake on them winning it would be no more than 50p

VI , you do understand that if you were born & lived in Liverpool your whole life like myself that makes you English ?

No,it makes me a Liverpudlian or scouser which involves a heritage of Irish/Scots/Welsh etc.This also seems to make us very different from a large population of the country in that we seem to view things very differently from them. The only time I use 'We' and 'Our' relating to football is towards Liverpool FC. I also refer to myself as British,not English.

• Upvote 1

No,it makes me a Liverpudlian or scouser which involves a heritage of Irish/Scots/Welsh etc.This also seems to make us very different from a large population of the country in that we seem to view things very differently from them. The only time I use 'We' and 'Our' relating to football is towards Liverpool FC. I also refer to myself as British,not English.

That is totally up to you VI , and as a 58 year old , left wing scouser I appreciate where you are coming from , but while not even caring about England 10% as much as I do Liverpool  I am surely allowed to support the only football country I was born in ?

• Upvote 3

You forgot Vikings.

That is totally up to you VI , and as a 58 year old , left wing scouser I appreciate where you are coming from , but while not even caring about England 10% as much as I do Liverpool  I am surely allowed to support the only football country I was born in ?

You don't need to justify anything.

• Upvote 4

The pressure on English players is absurd. Getting out of the group should be seen as a good achievement for the talent level of the players. What they earn and their transfer fees have no bearing on how well they play as a team.

• Upvote 1