You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to get my head around Pogba not being called for offside for France's first. He's clearly offside for the actual free kick, then is leaning into Mandzukic for the own goal. Not saying it was a foul, just applying good pressure to the defending player, but how does that translate to not interfering with play? 

I'll readily admit to not knowing the intricacies of every rule in the book, but between that and the Kane/Lovren one the offside rule has me completely stumped. 

• Upvote 2

Could have been a different match altogether if those 2 decisions hadn't gone France's way in the first half

Which to me sums up the shitness of VAR.

First decision should be VAR reviewed as a dive and that cunt yellow carded.

Second decision is reviewed, even though as imperceptible to the ref's eye as the Greaseball dive.

The dive, on review, is indisputable.

But the penalty call, even after review, has people still debating whether it was deliberate hand ball or not.

Two goals result.

It's fucking bullshit.  In a World Cup Final.

I'm still trying to get my head around Pogba not being called for offside for France's first. He's clearly offside for the actual free kick, then is leaning into Mandzukic for the own goal. Not saying it was a foul, just applying good pressure to the defending player, but how does that translate to not interfering with play? 

I'll readily admit to not knowing the intricacies of every rule in the book, but between that and the Kane/Lovren one the offside rule has me completely stumped.

I said that after it happened, offside and interfering.

• Upvote 1

Which to me sums up the shitness of VAR.

First decision should be VAR reviewed as a dive and that cunt yellow carded.

Second decision is reviewed, even though as imperceptible to the ref's eye as the Greaseball dive.

The dive, on review, is indisputable.

I would have thought the complete opposite. There was some contact on Griezmann was there not? If that had been in the box and VAR had been called, I'd say there's a very high chance the ref gives a penalty. It seems to me that VAR has increased the chances of any contact equalling a foul.

Amazed at the reaction to France.

I'm no fan but the team is incredible. From front to back.

Even nobhead Giroud puts in a massive shift. Takes it for the team while the kid can destroy teams.

If it is news to you that the french are cunts you must be 6 years old.

Amazed at the reaction to France.

I'm no fan but the team is incredible. From front to back.

Even nobhead Giroud puts in a massive shift. Takes it for the team while the kid can destroy teams.

If it is news to you that the french are cunts you must be 6 years old.

I reckon Mbappe would batter you

Raphael Varane's career so far:

Champions League

La Liga

UEFA Super Cup

FIFA Club world cup

Supercopa de España

World Cup

Only 25 years old.

Probably should've had a Euros added to that as well. It makes you realize what a dick Sakho was to be fucking around with his professionalism at a time when he was surrounded by a strong French squad and an improving Liverpool under a world class manager. Don't forget he was starting for France around the time of the Europa run, then the drug thing happened and he got on the wrong side of Klopp. 

Thought it was a really enjoyable World Cup & I enjoyed the final too, even though I didn't have a dog in the fight.

On the controversial incidents

I thought the free kick was cheap but it looked like Griesmann was slipping and the Croatian lad actually caught him by accident. Heard people going on about VAR but it isn't available for normal free kicks etc, only in 4 specific areas.

I personally wouldn't have given the penalty kick but compared to the ridiculous ones in the group matches you could see why it was given once VAR got involved & the referee put on the spot.

I think Aussie Scouser picked up on the worst decision to shaft Croatia. Pogba is clearly offside and then when the ball doesn't reach him he pushes into Mandzukic's back meaning the ball comes backwards from his head. I thought that all goals were reviewed immediately so not sure why that was not flagged up ( Even if they didn't think it was a foul , he isn't allowed to affect the play at all ).

Raphael Varane's career so far:

Champions League [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

La Liga [emoji471][emoji471]

UEFA Super Cup [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

FIFA Club world cup [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

Supercopa de España [emoji471][emoji471]

World Cup [emoji471]

Only 25 years old.

Now that’s a guy who can call himself one of the worlds best.

Kane is one dimensional and suits the PL down to a tee. He also plays in a team built solely around him. He is a talented goalscorer,no doubt but in leagues where he had to drop deep and be part of the build up play he'd be fucked. If Spurs want to improve then they need to stop playing around Kane all the time and if Kane really wants to improve personally then he needs to leave Spurs. Neither of these will happen as English football is awash with cash and self improvement is not really on many player's 'to do' lists.

Anyway,fuck England. They got to about par for their side of the draw but came up well short again.