Quantcast
Russia World Cup 18 - Page 301 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Russia World Cup 18

Fucksake, Turdy.

If I wanted to see flappy arseholes at every turn I'd go to an owl sanctuary or watch a DVD of " Defending Corners The Brendan Rodgers Way".

• Upvote 1

England have done far better than I expected them to even though the draw has obviously favoured them. In a way tonight may be a blessing in disguise as I suspect France might have made us look silly in the final whereas a losing semi-final gives you something to work on.

Southgate has made a good start but he needs a bit more grunt going forward , Sterling & Lingaard work really hard but lack a cutting edge to my mind. He also needs to find some tactical flexibility as he didn't really react at all in the parts of games when we were struggling. I was astonished that he never made any attempt to shore up the wings tonight when Croatia were getting more and more success there & a goal started to look imminent. Alli & Hendo were fucked by the second half as they were patrolling half the width of the pitch each.

7.5 / 10

• Upvote 2

This squad has always had the air of a transition, so semi-final is massive.

The media will give the manager and the players a much harder time in 2020; as is, of course, right, because witless drunken fat cunts who write about football are more important than the people who play it.

• Upvote 1

There's often a shit team that progresses depressingly far in a tournament. They've even been known to win the European Championships. Fortunately, not the World Cup.

Brutally succinct quote from Šime Vrsaljko "The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven't.

• Upvote 3

I think it's fair to say that Croatia rope-a-doped England. Can't otherwise explain the night and day performance we saw after the first half. 

For England, good tournament with foundations to build off of but it has to be said that they weren't truly tested until tonight and had a favourable draw. 

If you put an accumulator on England to beat Tunisia , Panama, Colombia* & Sweden I don’t think you’d win much, my point is they are as far away as ever, semi final or not

*they didn’t beat Colombia

He's right, pundits and commentators are pricks.

Even today, Croatia player gets cleaned out and Hoddle says it's embarrassing and he needs to man up. Slightest touch on an England player and he's calling the Police trying to report an assault.

I thought Sterling was englands best player today, the only one to threathren their defence with anything, lingard, alli and kane should all been hooked before even thinling about taking sterling of.

• Upvote 2

I thought Sterling was englands best player today, the only one to threathren their defence with anything, lingard, alli and kane should all been hooked before even thinling about taking sterling of.

I completely agree

Croatia legs were understandably v. tired first half. England needed to kill the game before Croatia got into the passing rhythms. Couple of key chances missed.

Enjoyable ride for England. Notions of "over-achievement" are silly. Lost against the two half decent sides they played. Conceivably would have lost knockout games against any one of Germany, Brazil, France, Spain, Belgium, Uruguay had the draw been unkind .. very possibly likes of Portugal & Mexico too.

A possession-based game may get the win against Panama, but with those players will always look foolish against the real classy sides.

I am at the final on Sunday -- France/England would have been fun. As is, wholly in camp of Team Modric. Immense player; great guy -- hope Fabinho/Keita bring half as much class to our midfield as likes of Croatia, Real Madrid etc. have enjoyed in theirs.

Croatia legs were understandably v. tired first half. England needed to kill the game before Croatia got into the passing rhythms. Couple of key chances missed.

Enjoyable ride for England. Notions of "over-achievement" are silly. Lost against the two half decent sides they played. Conceivably would have lost knockout games against any one of Germany, Brazil, France, Spain, Belgium, Uruguay had the draw been unkind .. very possibly likes of Portugal & Mexico too.

A possession-based game may get the win against Panama, but with those players will always look foolish against the real classy sides.

I am at the final on Sunday -- France/England would have been fun. As is, wholly in camp of Team Modric. Immense player; great guy -- hope Fabinho/Keita bring half as much class to our midfield as likes of Croatia, Real Madrid etc. have enjoyed in theirs.

Apparently a lot Croats hate Modric, and he's in line to go to prison for perjury and obstruction of justice after the world cup.

He is a good player though.

Just read about that. Weird. Disliked by the public because of a business relationship. As a player he's probably v comfortably the classiest midfielder in the world. I mean he's the heartbeat of the World Cup finalists and 3x consecutive CL winners -- if Croatia win then it is unheard of, even from the likes of Xavi (and someone like Zidane has not come remotely close to that type of form).

Just read about that. Weird. Disliked by the public because of a business relationship. As a player he's probably v comfortably the classiest midfielder in the world. I mean he's the heartbeat of the World Cup finalists and 3x consecutive CL winners -- if Croatia win then it is unheard of, even from the likes of Xavi (and someone like Zidane has not come remotely close to that type of form).

"Business relationship" is probably a nice way to say lying to protect a convicted criminal who has corrupted and bled Croatian football of millions.

I agree about all the accolades for his play though. He's still not as good as Xavi for me, never mind Zidane (who was a different type of midfielder).

"Business relationship" is probably a nice way to say lying to protect a convicted criminal who has corrupted and bled Croatian football of millions.

I agree about all the accolades for his play though. He's still not as good as Xavi for me, never mind Zidane (who was a different type of midfielder).

He's a brilliant player and a criminal. A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad the good.

• Upvote 1

Looks like any number of Croatian footballers came through the same route. What are you going to do. Not their job to fix the framework of the game. Nobody knows the circumstances that people such as Modric were put in, coming up in that society with huge wealth disparities. Likewise Tevez, Mascherano etc. when they had their agent issues.

Xavi is a comparable player to Modric - you are right, Zidane is different (though with 3x league titles and 1x CL title total during a decade of seasons with world class Mdrid & Juve sides who won far more without him, I'm on a Zidane downer right now compared to some of the other legends).

He's a brilliant player and a criminal. A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad the good.

I'm sure all of those years dropping to his knees at the first sign of a tackle will stand him iin good stead in prison.

France will beat Croatia handy me thinks. They'd have beaten England handy too. Delighted for lovren.

After the physical and mental toughness on display there, I think Croatia have what it takes, if they get a bit of luck.