You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you watch every replay in Super Slo-mo, every time the ball hits someones hand it will be a Pen.

Two Fucking joke decisions. Var not used when it should have been to cancel a free kick. And then used were it should'nt have been to give a Pen.

• Upvote 1

The ref decided having had a long look at it. Look at the replay and look at the players position. To suggest a player cannot move his arm that quickly when a ball comes off his head would mean no pen would every be given for hand ball when the player heads it.

Fucking hell.

I wish someone would ask the head of FIFA / Referees association whether "deliberate" is still part of the assessment for a penalty. No way in the world can it be deliberate if the ball comes off someone's head half a metre away and hits your hand.

It is, it's very clear in the rules. It's one of the clearest yet still contentious rules in football.

If you watch every replay in Super Slo-mo, every time the ball hits someones hand it will be a Pen.

That's the problem, in other sports officials are now taught not to place an emphasis on slow motion replays and to watch it in real-time repeatedly. In slow motion it's a stonewall penalty.

Are you taking the fucking piss? The place the ball is going to wasn't the place it was going to about a tenth of a second before so unless you think he's one of the fucking X-Men or something, no he really didn't.

Haha, was just about to post I presume that Croatian lad will be starring in the next Marvel film.

• Upvote 1

The ref decided having had a long look at it. Look at the replay and look at the players position. To suggest a player cannot move his arm that quickly when a ball comes off his head would mean no pen would every be given for hand ball when the player heads it.

It doesn't mean that, it could have come off his cock and it still shouldn't have been a penalty because of the high speed and tiny distance it travelled before striking his hand.

Sneaky, greasy, cynical twat. MOTD needs Danny Dyer on the panel.

If there's a God, and any justice, there's at least an equaliser in Croatia in the second half.

There's only one team out there playing football, and it's very decent football.

Both defences look very suspect at dead balls.

Be amazed if there isn't another score at least.

It is, it's very clear in the rules. It's one of the clearest yet still contentious rules in football.

In that case how the hell can that be a pen? Deliberate movement in that fraction of a second? No way.

Also, isnt VAR supposed to overturn CLEAR errors? Why on earth are the VAR refs referring that to the ref?

I can't believe Moo's actually had to explain that.

I can't believe I bothered, he's obviously made his mind up. Though I don't think he's yet stated it was intentional handball so I think he might possibly be ignoring the rules in this instance.