You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're an ageing team, but you can't deny they still have incredible mental strength.

still in it so they’ve got something but in both games in the knock outs I think they have been lucky.

Should have gone out against Denmark and again there tonight and where absolutely terrible both games.

That semi is gonna be a shite-fest.

I honestly can’t see why people are talking Croatia up

I've been getting stick from people I work with as I'm convinced that regardless of who they play in the semi-final - even if they win - they won't get past Belgium/France.

I think England have a chance against both of these but it could go either way. No chance for me against Belgium or France.

If England get to the final I would give them a 50 50 chance. England are not conceeding a lot of goals. The game against Belgium was two B teams. In a one off game any thing can happen.

• Upvote 1

There'll be a certain symmetry in Mignolet coming home with a World Cup winners' medal in the same season that Karius literally threw away the Champions League final.

You know your career isn't going to plan when you're on the bench for the two biggest games in World football.

England are big favourites to make a World Cup final. Mad.

Croatia were dead on their feet for the second consecutive game there. I suspect we’ll see a bit of a drama free affair in the semi 3-1 or thereabouts.

Indeed. Croatia looked dead even in the first 90 mins.

It's Croatia but you know fucking zip about footy anyway

Nah, mate, people on here can now slag Croatia off and get behind mighty Ingerlund.

After all, England beat Burnley.  

And Croatia's goalie is apparently a wanker and they have people with gaunt, unattractive faces in their team, unlike, say, the new Jimmy Hill, Harry Kane.

Nah, mate, people on here can now slag Croatia off and get behind mighty Ingerlund.

After all, England beat Burnley.

And Croatia's goalie is apparently a wander and they have people with gaunt, unattractive faces in their team, unlike, say, the new Jimmy Hill, Harry Kane.

For balance, England are shite too. Absolutely clueless in the final third

France will win this playing at 40%

For balance, England are shite too. Absolutely clueless in the final third

France will win this playing at 40%

France playing at more than 40% concede two goals en route to losing to Sweden in qualifiers. They’re no great shakes. I think Croatia being utterly knackered is likely to be the end of them, but otherwise no-one is going to cruise this thing.