You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am really confused on offside now. I thought a defender had to intentionally play the ball to play the attacker on side. But now it seems it is the ball just has to touch a defender that he does not really know about and the attacker is on side. Weird. Good to see Germany go out and big laughs at Neuer trying to play up front.

He definitely passed it intentionally. It wasn't Kroos control.

Well I am really confused on offside now. I thought a defender had to intentionally play the ball to play the attacker on side. But now it seems it is the ball just has to touch a defender that he does not really know about and the attacker is on side. Weird. Good to see Germany go out and big laughs at Neuer trying to play up front.

Also, the VAR team being Dutch.

Jermaine Jenas: “Germany are out but they’ll be back some day, trust me.”

Ok mate, cheers for that.

Who knows, maybe they will feature in the next Euros or even the next World Cup. Stranger things have happened.

Same as Kane's goal from Lovren's touch last season

The Koreans really could have wrapped things up much sooner, but they were woeful with the final ball. Their No18 (his name is Kim, in case you were wondering) had acres down the left again and again as Kimmich was bombing forward, yet he kept cutting inside, losing possession or running into traffic and getting crowded out.

Yet again we've seen that when a team wins the Confederations Cup, they WON'T win the World Cup the following year. There isn't a team out there who've managed to buck that trend. It seems like those teams peak a year early because they look so strong and confident at the Confederations Cup.

Low was too loyal to too many players, and that's been a big failing of the coaches of all the defending champions that have failed to get out of their group. You need a bit of experience and know-how out there, but you also need to make sure your team is looking sharp and hungry. If players who've previously done the business for you are now looking jaded or out of form, you HAVE to replace them rather than hoping to catch lightning in a bottle once again.

Mexico made changes for their game against Sweden, and didn't play with the same mentality that got them results in their first two games. It would have been a travesty if they'd got knocked out having got 6 points already, but they didn't help themselves against the Swedes.

England, before they've even completed their group games, have already bettered Germany's performance at a World Cup for the first time since 1966!

Defender does have to play the ball but it seems that includes any attempt to play the ball no matter how light a touch or how much it is bungled. Presumably a deflection wouldn't count.

Same as Kane's goal from Lovren's touch last season

I do not think so. They said the Lovren incident was allowed because he made an intentional attempt to clear the ball even if he did slice it. This incident has the ball going through the defenders leg and bouncing off his calf from what I saw.

Deserved exit for Germany. Some absolute wasters in that team. Mueller, Ozil, Gomez, Khedira, Werner all shite. I'm not a Sane fanboy by any means, he' overrated but there's no way he'd have been less effective than fucking Ozil and Mueller who did absolute fuck all. Low is getting the sack and if he isn't, he fucking well should be. Arsehole started believing in his own hype and thought any garbage 11 he put out there would be good enough to win.

• Upvote 1

I do not think so. They said the Lovren incident was allowed because he made an intentional attempt to clear the ball even if he did slice it. This incident has the ball going through the defenders leg and bouncing off his calf from what I saw.

They must have decided he tried to close his legs....

Mate you know that you cant ask a question like that on a forum that The Guest frequents.
  • Upvote 2