You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (May 4-10 2018)

tlw content

wagnercrowdsurf.jpg

The weekend got underway on Friday night when Brighton ensured their survival by beating the Mancs 1-0. Thoroughly deserved too, United were garbage and Brighton played well, especially their goalscorer Pascal Gross who has had a good season.

Mourinho threw Rashford right under the bus afterwards, and then he jumped into the bus and ran him over, before sticking it in reverse and finishing the job. 

“'Why always Lukaku? Why always Lukaku? Why always Lukaku? You have the answer why always Lukaku.' The players that replaced others did not perform at a good level. When individuals do that it is difficult for the team to play well. Maybe now you will not ask me why A, B and C do not play so much.” 

As funny as this is, because it’s Mourinho ripping a United player, and a homegrown one at that, you do have to wonder just what the fuck he’s doing laying into a 20 year kid like that. Anyone would think he wants him to be shit so he can justify spending another king’s ransom on some 30 year old established name… 

While Brighton were saving themselves on Friday, Stoke went hurtling through the trap door on Saturday after a home defeat to Palace. Shaqiri had given them hope by whipping in a superb 25 yard free-kick to open the scoring. He then put N’Diaye through with a chance to make it 2-0 but the midfielder couldn’t sort out his feet in time and the chance went begging. That was a turning point as Palace went down the other end and equalised through McArthur. 

Remember a few years ago when he was at Wigan and I used to take the piss out of him for being a blag James McCarthy? Yeah he’s actually flipped that one on its head now. Not because he’s been that good, but because he’s been alright whereas McCarthy has turned into a right bum. 

Mad to think how highly rated he was when he was a kid. Look at him now? At least you see McArthur pop up and do something on MOTD once in a while, when was the last time McCarthy was noticed for anything other than a fucking terrible tackle? Absolute shitbird he is. Dirty blueshite. 

Anyway, back to Palace and Stoke. A draw was no good for the home side so they had to commit men forward and they got caught on the break late on when Shawcross failed to cut out a Zaha through ball and diverted it perfectly into the path of Van Aanholt who put them out of their misery. 

I’ll lose no sleep over Stoke going down but I wouldn’t say I’m happy about it either. Fairly indifferent is how I’d describe it. This isn’t the Stoke of Tony Pulis and I’ve got no real beef with them, although not having to face Paul Lambert and his fucking weird Anfield mojo is a good thing. They deserved to go down though as they’ve been pretty hopeless. Losing Arnautovic was huge for them and if that deal never happened you can probably swap Stoke and West Ham around. 

The Hammers could do worse than re-unite the Jersey Shore brothers. Shaqiri won’t hang around now they’ve gone down. He’s given them everything to be fair to him but he’s too good to be playing in the Championship. My Dad loves him, when we played Stoke at Anfield last week he pointed at Shaqiri and said (rather loudly as he’s a bit on the deaf side) “That’s the one I like. I think he’s a cracking player…… I’m sure he’s deformed though, he’s a funny looking thing.” 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for ONE MONTH.

• Upvote 2

Nice to see someone else call Sammy Lee out. Bravo Dave.

I've been thinking it for a while, even before he took the Everton job. I get really annoyed watching his touchline theatrics, but that reaction at the weekend was beyond the pale.

I don't want to feel this way as he's always been a passionate Red and that, and by all accounts he's a sound fella, but to put it bluntly he does my fucking head in.

Think Burnley were sorted out for the Europa League once Everton didn't beat Southampton , so they had probably been on the piss before the Arsenal game.

You'd think they'd have really fancied getting stuck in to Arsenal and going level on points with them, knowing Arsenal's last two games were away and they always lose away these days.

"Arnautovic has been a real handful these last few months and aside from De Bruyne he probably produced the best display at Anfield by a visiting player this season."

I'd put Nathan Ake's display between the two of those.

"Arnautovic has been a real handful these last few months and aside from De Bruyne he probably produced the best display at Anfield by a visiting player this season."

I'd put Nathan Ake's display between the two of those.

Forgot about him but yeah that was really good too.