Sign in to follow this  
grazywalker

Footie trip to watch a German team - Anyone done it?

Want to go with few mates and our teenage sons . They fancy Munich but I feel it may be better to watch Dortmund or our friends at gladback. Anyone been or have any tips .

Thinking about November time

I’ve been to St Pauli and Dortmund games. Great fun, from the orchestrated chanting to the cheap, quality lager that you can drink in view of the pitch. Just a better experience for fans than most games in England.

Dortmund can be tricky to get tickets for, though I think the club might do relatively reasonable Ticket/accommodation packages. Wouldn’t mind taking in the Ruhr derby at some stage.

• Upvote 1

Been to see Munich and saw a man walk a goose round on a lead.

Recommended.

Haha! The goose will have been disappointed when he’s looked back at that.

I love Germany. Never had a bad experience but yet to take in a match. Would love to go to a ST Pauli game. Got a soft spot for Cologne.

EDIT: I was in Dortmund when we beat Alaves but that's not the same.

My grandad went in the 40’s.

Turned out nobody was playing that weekend.

Parachuted in and everything.

I remember reading that a couple of weeks after the Normandy invasion they played a championship final in Berlin and 50 or 60 thousand people went to watch it.

Went to Munich but that was before they moved grounds. I have heard that the tickets are a lot more expensive to buy and are scarce even though their new ground is bigger.

Lad in work went to Berlin and watched Hertha V Leverkusen. Tickets are easier to get hold of as they have a large stadium but not the fans to fill it every week. You can but the tickets from tourist shops and the official club shop. I think the ticket also includes the metro/tramlink.

Went to see Leipzig in December stayed in Berlin and got the train down on the morning of the game tickets were fairly easy to get as well nice big ground as well