You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Footie trip to watch a German team - Anyone done it?

I’ve been to St Pauli and Dortmund games. Great fun, from the orchestrated chanting to the cheap, quality lager that you can drink in view of the pitch. Just a better experience for fans than most games in England.

Dortmund can be tricky to get tickets for, though I think the club might do relatively reasonable Ticket/accommodation packages. Wouldn’t mind taking in the Ruhr derby at some stage.

• Upvote 1

I love Germany. Never had a bad experience but yet to take in a match. Would love to go to a ST Pauli game. Got a soft spot for Cologne.

EDIT: I was in Dortmund when we beat Alaves but that's not the same.

My grandad went in the 40’s.

Turned out nobody was playing that weekend.

Parachuted in and everything.

I remember reading that a couple of weeks after the Normandy invasion they played a championship final in Berlin and 50 or 60 thousand people went to watch it.

Went to Munich but that was before they moved grounds. I have heard that the tickets are a lot more expensive to buy and are scarce even though their new ground is bigger.

Lad in work went to Berlin and watched Hertha V Leverkusen. Tickets are easier to get hold of as they have a large stadium but not the fans to fill it every week. You can but the tickets from tourist shops and the official club shop. I think the ticket also includes the metro/tramlink.