You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kanye West's Madness

Boss

The thing is, he's a famous musician but in reality just another human being amongst the 7 billion. He has an opinion and as a famous person, mega millionaire celebrity warped individual who really gives shit about his opinion or it's validity, shove your outrage up your arse. Yeah we know you Kanye cos you do music!, you are famous but your opinion is wrong but then we dont consult the fucking oracle of Kanye for lifes truth do we. Let the whole of America go bonkers because a person who makes music is a dick head. Bizzare planet we live on, kanyes views are no more important than some cracked up hobos plus he's obviously got issues.

• Upvote 1

The thing is, he's a famous musician but in reality just another human being amongst the 7 billion. He has an opinion and as a famous person, mega millionaire celebrity warped individual who really gives shit about his opinion or it's validity, shove your outrage up your arse. Yeah we know you Kanye cos you do music!, you are famous but your opinion is wrong but then we dont consult the fucking oracle of Kanye for lifes truth do we. Let the whole of America go bonkers because a person who makes music is a dick head. Bizzare planet we live on, kanyes views are no more important than some cracked up hobos plus he's obviously got issues.

The problem with that is he has a huge platform and he’s using it to align himself and give credence to white supremacist ideas. People are within their rights to be pissed off at him.

• Upvote 1

I was listening to ‘The Life of Pablo’ yesterday and there’s no doubt he’s a very, very talented musician.

Superb album, released at a period he started to loose his mind a little.

...Just a shame he’s such a massive helmet also.

Opinions and all, but TLOP is probably his worst album. That or Yeezus. His descent into madness has coincided with his music going off the rails. 

I think the point he was trying to make and admittedly did a piss-poor job of, is that (for example) KRS-One's 'after 400 years I got no choices' presents a position of helplessness in the face of an oppressor.  Although certainly true back when his ancestors were being thrown on boats in chains, these days it serves almost as a negative reinforcement that discourages African Americans from having an expectation of something better, which in turn can make them less likely to actually get it.  That's not blaming them for anything.

If it was some bum on the street saying that it's just hot air but coming from a black man who is by any standard successful, I think the message he was trying to convey was 'nobody held me down, so don't just accept that shit, fight it'.  Of course Kanye is a middle class kid from a nice neighbourhood so it's debatable what understanding he has of the experience of growing up as a dirt poor inner city kid and how that can affect the chances that present themselves and an individual's ability to grab them, but that doesn't invalidate the message in itself.

It's just a shame that between what seem to be long term mental health problems and his vast ego, he's pretty much incapable of expressing himself coherently at times and ended up coming out with what basically amounted to 'slavery is black people's fault'.  Obviously the fact he's been monging around Trump adds an additional layer of context though and even if he didn't have any ill intent behind what he said, he should be a savvy enough media operator by now to know how it would be presented.

I think we can all agree that he's a massive bell, the only real debate is exactly what kind of bell he is.

• Upvote 3

Seems like he started losing the plot when his mum died, they seemed to be really close and it was was very sudden. His music went to shit around the same time too.

He’s made 1 Classic album (My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy£, 1 Underrated Album (808s & Heartbreak) which paved the way for a lot of todays top rappers like Drake & J Cole, 1 very good joint album with Jay-Z all after his mum died. Yeezus and TLOP are both terrible terrible albums with only a handful of decent songs among them.

I agree though that he’s lost the plot completely since his Mum died, he always had an ego but was shy to go with it so his arrogance wasn’t taken so serious now he’s just fucked and clearly has some sort of mental health issue.

He’s made 1 Classic album (My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy£, 1 Underrated Album (808s & Heartbreak) which paved the way for a lot of todays top rappers like Drake & J Cole, 1 very good joint album with Jay-Z all after his mum died. Yeezus and TLOP are both terrible terrible albums with only a handful of decent songs among them.

I agree though that he’s lost the plot completely since his Mum died, he always had an ego but was shy to go with it so his arrogance wasn’t taken so serious now he’s just fucked and clearly has some sort of mental health issue.

I also really liked his first albums, college dropout and graduation had some very good tracks. He's always had odd behaviour to go alongside his music. I recall him having disputes with Taylor Swift and also Beck at some point.

He has lost his way and I wonder if he will ever find his way back again. Probably not, I think he's gone too far.

I also really liked his first albums, college dropout and graduation had some very good tracks. He's always had odd behaviour to go alongside his music. I recall him having disputes with Taylor Swift and also Beck at some point.

He has lost his way and I wonder if he will ever find his way back again. Probably not, I think he's gone too far.

His first 3 albums are classics mate I was specifically talking post losing him mother.

He pioneered sped up soul sample rap which many copied and he led the way with emo rap which is heavily played on radio now.

He’s gone and never coming back unfortunately, even Jay-Z has distanced himself from him.

Yeah I'd agree with that, probably more a case of his head going when his mum died and he went a bit loopy and turned into the egotistical Kanye we have now.

And his falling out with Jay-Z affecting his music.

Meh, I enjoyed it anyway.

Depends what you like. TLOP and Yeezus are very chaotic, disorganized and the production is a lot more raw. I don't think they make any sense as albums and they don't have many great singles. But as said above, everything he did before those two was either groundbreaking or just really good. 

I was once in a situation when I was talking to young people about modern pop music.  Whilst the discussion was in full flow, within my head I was hurriedly scrambling around looking for an example of derivative music whilst still talking. My subconscious mind helped me out and arrived at this rapper's name that I'd read about some time ago.

So I sagely nodded and ventured, "I mean you only have to look at modern rappers.  For example, what about Kayne West...?"

I think that faux pas disqualifies me from commenting on his recent malaise.

I think the point he was trying to make and admittedly did a piss-poor job of, is that (for example) KRS-One's 'after 400 years I got no choices' presents a position of helplessness in the face of an oppressor.  Although certainly true back when his ancestors were being thrown on boats in chains, these days it serves almost as a negative reinforcement that discourages African Americans from having an expectation of something better, which in turn can make them less likely to actually get it.  That's not blaming them for anything.

If it was some bum on the street saying that it's just hot air but coming from a black man who is by any standard successful, I think the message he was trying to convey was 'nobody held me down, so don't just accept that shit, fight it'.  Of course Kanye is a middle class kid from a nice neighbourhood so it's debatable what understanding he has of the experience of growing up as a dirt poor inner city kid and how that can affect the chances that present themselves and an individual's ability to grab them, but that doesn't invalidate the message in itself.

It's just a shame that between what seem to be long term mental health problems and his vast ego, he's pretty much incapable of expressing himself coherently at times and ended up coming out with what basically amounted to 'slavery is black people's fault'.  Obviously the fact he's been monging around Trump adds an additional layer of context though and even if he didn't have any ill intent behind what he said, he should be a savvy enough media operator by now to know how it would be presented.

I think we can all agree that he's a massive bell, the only real debate is exactly what kind of bell he is.

Repped for being back, Robo!

He's a thick cunt who surrounds himself with arse-kissers and enablers.

He should have stuck in at school and surrounded himself with decent, grounded mates who'd tell him he's a daft cunt and give him a slap if and when required.

Long since morphed into his South Park caricature.

• Upvote 1

He's a thick cunt who surrounds himself with arse-kissers and enablers.

He should have stuck in at school and surrounded himself with decent, grounded mates who'd tell him he's a daft cunt and give him a slap if and when required.

Long since morphed into his South Park caricature.

Unfortunately this is somthing that hits most artists in the end, surrounds himself with yes men that constantly call him a genius, eventually starts believing it, then music goes shit, most of the yes men say its brilliant, the ones brave enough to point out that it's shit are clearly wrong because he's a genius so they just have bad taste.

Some call it George Lucas Syndrome.

Unfortunately this is somthing that hits most artists in the end, surrounds himself with yes men that constantly call him a genius, eventually starts believing it, then music goes shit, most of the yes men say its brilliant, the ones brave enough to point out that it's shit are clearly wrong because he's a genius so they just have bad taste.

Some call it George Lucas Syndrome.

That and copious amounts of cocaine generally.

Someone was telling me a while back they'd read a book called Freakanomics 2, and it had a thing in about how there used to be loads of rap production companies and that a lot of rap music was about civil rights, politics and the likes, but that they were all bought out by three big production companies and instead of that stuff they started peddling all the gangster rap stuff instead. Thought that was quite interesting.

That would make sense in how rap music has mostly become the same shit over and over again versus a big part of African American street culture.

One boss album. The rest are shit. His bird is a very fit empty head. Not sure what else to add to this. Fuck him.

She's a hound, pissed myself when she got her jewellery robbed after posting pictures of it in her hotel room on Instagram