You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kanye West's Madness

Boss

Kanye West said a couple of days ago that "slavery was a choice" which seems to have enraged the whole of America. Has anyone been following this? Some hilarious moments so far. This is classic Partridge....

• Like 1

Kanye West said a couple of days ago that "slavery was a choice" which seems to have enraged the whole of America. Has anyone been following this? Some hilarious moments so far. This is classic Partridge....

Yep, I posted this on the Inequality thread and there was a guy who was working in the office where it was filmed and he went berserk. He tried to backtrack afterwards saying it was a miscommunication but if it was, it's a massive one.

It's fairly obvious he is experiencing mental health issues, he was sectioned for a while. I just hope he can get the proper help he needs as there have been threats made on his life as a result. I haven't heard of the rapper being mentioned in this video (Daz Dillinger?) but I have heard of The Game and from what I can gather, this should be taken seriously and it's not just hype.

He's clearly lost it, but I've certainly enjoyed the mega hypocrisy of white men telling a black guy what he should think about slavery.

Have you watched the video?

Why didnt britain use slaves at the time. They obviously where major players in the slave trade and profited from it hugely but how come slaves were not labouring actually in this country. For all I know they might of been but the curriculum in this country skipped it.

Because we had a no conscience getting rich on the proceeds of the slave trade but it was abolished here in 1833 after a long campaign. It wasn't until 1865 and a civil war the US abolished slavery 

Why didnt britain use slaves at the time. They obviously where major players in the slave trade and profited from it hugely but how come slaves were not labouring actually in this country. For all I know they might of been but the curriculum in this country skipped it.

You don’t need slaves if your land comes pre-populated with serfs

• Upvote 2

Someone was telling me a while back they'd read a book called Freakanomics 2, and it had a thing in about how there used to be loads of rap production companies and that a lot of rap music was about civil rights, politics and the likes, but that they were all bought out by three big production companies and instead of that stuff they started peddling all the gangster rap stuff instead. Thought that was quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeA7lvC1ego

That...is fucking amazing. I don’t even care about Kanye, I’m just astounded. Stick him in the deadpool.

Seems like he started losing the plot when his mum died, they seemed to be really close and it was was very sudden. His music went to shit around the same time too.

She died due to plastic surgery that he'd paid for apparently. That's bound to affect you.

Slave triangle.

Did any of you do that at school?

If I remember rightly it was trinkets and shit to African to pay for slaves, slaves to US and West Indies and then cotton or sugar back to UK.

I was listening to ‘The Life of Pablo’ yesterday and there’s no doubt he’s a very, very talented musician.

Superb album, released at a period he started to loose his mind a little.

...Just a shame he’s such a massive helmet also.