You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away

Baltar

All the good work done since Xmas is now being undone.

We’ve lost that much needed confidence at the back, and with a tissue thin squad, we’re unravelling.

Are we already missing Buvac? Is there some behind the scenes shit undermining the players confidence, or are they just knackered?

To be fair to the squad, we’re the only team that’s had to struggle with CL football since reaching the knockouts, except for City, who we beat in the quarters; and yet Spurs, United & City have all been dropping points recently.

It’s not written in stone that we’ll beat Brighton, but the lads will know that it gives a massive send off securing top four and a shot in the arm for the Kiev final.

There’s a familiar pattern to our end of seasons. It would be nice to break it.

Was Rodgers sacked the season after our title challenge? I cant remember?

Top 4 went to the wire last season as well. We beat Boro 3-0 as we had to as Arsenal won too.

So a repeat of that would do me fine.

Arse had to play Everton, were reduced to ten men and the bitters didn't even try. Huddersfield and Newcastle will at least try against chavs. Again, all irrelevant as we'll beat Brighton. If we're worried bout not beating a promoted side at home, who've fuck all to play for, but we also think we've a great chance of beating real then we all need to give our heads a wobble.

No. He’s not as good a defender as Van Dijk who I rate very highly, but that goal was on the big Dutch man.

Van Dijk is currently in the "above criticism" territory on here, by and large, it seems to me. I wouldn't hold your breath expecting many people to come out and admit that he's been at fault for plenty of goals recently. 

• Upvote 1

Top 4 went to the wire last season as well. We beat Boro 3-0 as we had to as Arsenal won too.

So a repeat of that would do me fine.

Me too Bro - in my honest opinion, the most important game of the season is coming right up - and it’s NOT the Real game.

• Downvote 1

That may be it. Rumour has it there is a vid of aRdja fucking someone in a rabbit costume somewhere on the web.

Sure, more likely explanation is that I don’t have any ‘agenda’ against certain players, unlike some.

Just finished watching and didn’t know the score.

First of all, if we were fit and fresh, playing a Chelsea side at Stamford Bridge with their tails up, we could just as easily have had the same result as today. I’m not going overboard on today’s result in isolation, as it’s a tough place to go, and today they had a point to prove.

They outmuscled us, mostly illegally, but the ref let it go. Mo was manhandled the whole game and should have had a penalty. But apart from that Chelsea were strong and had a bit of zip about them. We are a quality side and were well on top in the first twenty, but after they scored we didn’t really get close enough or apply enough pressure to hurt them. We huffed and puffed but it wasn’t really there in the final third.

Mostly that was down to fatigue on our front three, but Chelsea also did all the pushing and pulling and so on, and besides that, they are a good side (underachieving this season). Kante had a good game and was everywhere.

On our side we needed to win that header with Giroud. Lovren wasn’t tight enough for me.

On our side I also thought Trent had a bad game. He usually has a lovely right foot on him, but I thought he hit a number of poor crosses today.

Now we have no room for error and must win at home against Brighton on the last day. I think we will do it, but unfortunately we are somewhat limping over the line in the top four race. Mind you, I would take limping to fourth and a CL final over finishing second and being nowhere in Europe.

As for Chelsea, they are putting a decent run together to give themselves a real chance of top four. Therefore, it will be all the more sweet when, with hope returning for them, they fall short at the last.

Oh, and Conte - get in your box lad! He did more runs down the wing for them than Heighway used to do for us. I saw the fourth official have a word in the first half, but clearly in the second half staying in your technical area wasn’t a requirement.

• Upvote 1

Me too Bro - in my honest opinion, the most important game of the season is coming right up - and it’s NOT the Real game.

Arrant nonsense. The Real game is by an absolute mile the most important game of the season.

One win in five now in the league. Absolute fucking shite. Not replacing Coutinho is biting us firmly in the arse.

Having said that, we get a week off to rest up and put things right on the training ground, and now Brighton are safe they'll hopefully be on the beach already, mentally speaking.

Arrant nonsense. The Real game is by an absolute mile the most important game of the season.

My thinking is this:

Lose to Brighton, and we place far too much pressure ourselves to beat Real.

Beat Brighton, and we leave for Kiev in excellent spirits, knowing we’re in the CL next season. That relief coupled with confidence of a win, will put us in the best of spirits.

In our last 3 league outings we’ve only secured 2 points and only scored 2 goals.

Thrashing Brighton is our remedy.

My thinking is this:

Lose to Brighton, and we place far too much pressure ourselves to beat Real.

Beat Brighton, and we leave for Kiev in excellent spirits, knowing we’re in the CL next season. That relief coupled with confidence of a win, will put us in the best of spirits.

In our last 3 league outings we’ve only secured 2 points and only scored 2 goals.

Thrashing Brighton is our remedy.

Nothing changes the amount of pressure that comes with a European Cup Final.

Our last few league games were anomalous. Losing st Stamford Bridge is no surprise and no disgrace: they are last year's champions, still capable of calling players like Willian and Pedro off the bench. The other games in which we've dropped points have taken place a few days before a crucial European match, so nobody played at 100%, for fear of getting injured. We will beat Brighton at Anfield. And if we don’t, we've got two weeks to forget about any disappointment.

If you had to prioritise one game to win and one to lose, would you really go for the "finishing fourth" award rather than European glory?