You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away

Baltar

Fucking hell you shower of gibbering wrecks, weve just had a midweek uropean cup semi in rome then have to play away at stamford bridge.

We lost 1-0 not 4-0 and we have a home game to finish against Brighton, we dont win we don't deserve to be in it next year.

What were you expecting...... we have a threadbare squad due to injuries and a few kids. So we have to rely on the first team players most of which need a rest.

Go and get pissed and enjoy the bank hol weather.....

I don’t care whether we deserve too 4 or not, I want us there. I was expecting a performance, not a half-arsed nothing fest like we saw against West Brom, Everton and stoke. Sorry if my expectations included us creating at least one genuine chance against a bang average team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Fantastic effort from Milner, I agree. He was shot after about 20 minutes, I'd say. A lesser man would have asked to be subbed off. But not Jim, the fucking legend...

I'd offer him another year on his contract (expires next summer) with the option of a coaching position he is a proper professional and his presence in the dressing room must be worth it weight in gold.

• Upvote 1

Deeply, deeply frustrating...2 pts from the last 9 and 4 of those dropped to utter shite - one from a winning position late on and the other in an insipid 90 mins at home.

Ok, we have Europe and the games are coming thick and fast and the demands are high - but we have to learn to handle them and more to the point be prepared with the resources to handle it.

Of course if at start of season someone said "last day a top 4 place is in own hands and we'll have a european cup final place to look forward to" we'd all say "that sounds fucking good"....but we have made the first part of it much, much harder than it should be and it is deeply frustrating how we have done so.

We are running on fumes, our small squad is depleted and we still look like teams sitting deep against us who have an aerial threat are fucking kryptonite for us - especially when they are teams with top players...look at our struggles with Man Utd in recent times.

But it can still end up a decent season and maybe even something very, very special - but fuck me we just have to do things the hard way don't we?...

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell you shower of gibbering wrecks, weve just had a midweek uropean cup semi in rome then have to play away at stamford bridge.

We lost 1-0 not 4-0 and we have a home game to finish against Brighton, we dont win we don't deserve to be in it next year.

What were you expecting...... we have a threadbare squad due to injuries and a few kids. So we have to rely on the first team players most of which need a rest.

Go and get pissed and enjoy the bank hol weather.....

I've seen lots of people say that and while it's definitely true, it hardly makes me feel better about potentially not being in the CL next season. We've been in the top 4 for most of the season, we've had something like a 11 point lead over Chelsea not long ago, so to possibly lose out to them would be a monumental fucking disaster. 

I don’t know how any person with a brain can watch Alexander Arnold and Clyne and think Clyne isn’t a better player or full back. If we want to give ourselves the best chance of winning the champions league he needs to start. As brutal as that is on Trent it’s the right thing to do.

I do not think Clyne is at the fitness level to last 90 minutes of an intense game although today was not fast paced. Can only assume the change was tactical. Trent had a poor game today no doubt about it and his crossing was all over the place.

I do not think Clyne is at the fitness level to last 90 minutes of an intense game although today was not fast paced. Can only assume the change was tactical. Trent had a poor game today no doubt about it and his crossing was all over the place.

That’s obvious with every post you make.

• Upvote 3

I've seen lots of people say that and while it's definitely true, it hardly makes me feel better about potentially not being in the CL next season. We've been in the top 4 for most of the season, we've had something like a 11 point lead over Chelsea not long ago, so to possibly lose out to them would be a monumental fucking disaster. 

Not beating Brighton at home - when you need to - would be a disaster anytime, regardless of what's come before it in the season.

Nothing like trying to deflect your own cuntery. You only show up when we lose. Strange that.

You're a bit dense aren't you mate, you do realise that post histories are public.

Do everyone on here a favour and fuck off to RAWK you window licking jamook, your sycophancy should see you blend right in over there. 

• Upvote 3

You're a bit dense aren't you mate, you do realise that post histories are public.

Do everyone on here a favour and fuck off to RAWK you window licking jamook, your sycophancy should see you blend right in over there. 

It is the internet mate. Nice to know you popped in again when we lost posting history or not.

Apologies to everyone else but it seems some posters think they are better than others.

• Downvote 1

Too tired and we have no squad. You can't blame the starting 11.

Mass under investment is causing us to struggle.

Agreed.

1 win in our last 5 and 3 in our last 8 since the start of April points to exhaustion.

Nice of Henry to turn up today, for the first time this season, and see his handiwork in action, the loathsome rat.

• Upvote 5

We look so brainless sometimes.

We never posed a threat in that second half. Firmino was struggling to retain possession, Salah was never in the game, and Mane - though willing to make things happen - couldn't get into any threatening areas to telling effect. Our biggest problem was that our wide players were totally ineffective. Clyne and Robertson simply couldn't get into good positions, and when we replaced them with Trent and Milner going wide (and later Moreno down the left), they did nothing useful either. Indeed, Trent's distribution was spectacularly off today.

Chelsea didn't press the ball at all, looking to nick something on the counter. I can't remember them doing much bar a disallowed Bakayoko header for offside, and an Alonso volley that flashed wide. Would have been some goal that if it was on target. Actually there was one Hazard jinking run down the left where the ball flashed across the goal. Other than that, Hazard was just content to demonstrate how difficult it is to get the ball off him.

And yet we largely dominated the first half. Firmino got a shot away in the early minutes, saved by Courtois, and Mane had a couple of efforts that tested the keeper, plus another half-chance that he rushed as he was closed down. Salah just couldn't get into the game and was booked for a dive outside the box.

Giroud is one of those players that always seem to score against us. The cross in to him took a slight deflection but our problem there was Van Dijk ball-watching. He was beyond the near post the whole time and never once looked to see what was happening behind him. Lovren was left to cover Giroud and Fabregas and couldn't get across Giroud in time. Chelsea had a couple of others in the box too. Since arriving, Van Dijk has made a point of always being 'on it', keeping the defensive line and constantly communicating. For the Chelsea goal though, he completely switched off.

When I mention that we can look brainless, I can point to an incident in the first half where we could have easily dampened any Chelsea momentum if we'd used our brains a bit. Clyne was bundled to the ground down near our corner flag, shanking the ball out of play. From the ensuing throw-in he was adjudged to have fouled Alonso and was booked. He never actually made contact but he did go in a little forcefully. Chelsea took the subsequent free kick from about 10 yards further infield and nobody on our side pointed it out. Brainless.

Then there's Solanke. His introduction did more for Chelsea than it did for us because he couldn't do anything right. Losing the ball cheaply, giving cheap free kicks away, and not remotely looking like a goal threat.

We now need to equal or better Chelsea's result on the last day, assuming they win their game in hand against Huddersfield (which they probably will). Right now our goal difference is the one thing in our favour and it would be an unfathomable turn of events for it to swing in Chelsea's favour, but our results in the league haven't been good over the past month so we'll need to make sure we get it absolutely right next week.

Agreed.

1 win in our last 5 and 3 in our last 8 since the start of April points to exhaustion.

Nice of Henry to turn up today, for the first time this season, and see his handiwork in action, the loathsome rat.

Probably only in London shopping at Harrods and thought he'd catch a local soccer match.

• Upvote 2

Haha. Another boring tit with his agenda. Give yourself a slap on the back. Everyone bow down to the super fan that is lifetime fan. Even has it in his name.

Agenda?

Tell us all again how we couldn’t improve the squad and have a better option than Solanke or Ings as cover for the front 3.

You’ve done it fucking constantly so no way you’d be a pussy now and avoid making your point would you...

Prick.

• Upvote 2

I'd offer him another year on his contract (expires next summer) with the option of a coaching position he is a proper professional and his presence in the dressing room must be worth it weight in gold.

Unless I'm mistaken, Klopp was still communicating tactics through him after Captain Henderson came on...

Agenda?

Tell us all again how we couldn’t improve the squad and have a better option than Solanke or Ings as cover for the front 3.

You’ve done it fucking constantly so no way you’d be a pussy now and avoid making your point would you...

Prick.

I have never said that you brainless idiot. You sound like some manc chatting the its their year next year mantra by Liverpool fans. But whatever you will carry on being the super fan you are with your agenda because people should follow your repetitive bollocks about the owners.

We look so brainless sometimes.

We never posed a threat in that second half. Firmino was struggling to retain possession, Salah was never in the game, and Mane - though willing to make things happen - couldn't get into any threatening areas to telling effect. Our biggest problem was that our wide players were totally ineffective. Clyne and Robertson simply couldn't get into good positions, and when we replaced them with Trent and Milner going wide (and later Moreno down the left), they did nothing useful either. Indeed, Trent's distribution was spectacularly off today.

Chelsea didn't press the ball at all, looking to nick something on the counter. I can't remember them doing much bar a disallowed Bakayoko header for offside, and an Alonso volley that flashed wide. Would have been some goal that if it was on target. Actually there was one Hazard jinking run down the left where the ball flashed across the goal. Other than that, Hazard was just content to demonstrate how difficult it is to get the ball off him.

And yet we largely dominated the first half. Firmino got a shot away in the early minutes, saved by Courtois, and Mane had a couple of efforts that tested the keeper, plus another half-chance that he rushed as he was closed down. Salah just couldn't get into the game and was booked for a dive outside the box.

Giroud is one of those players that always seem to score against us. The cross in to him took a slight deflection but our problem there was Van Dijk ball-watching. He was beyond the near post the whole time and never once looked to see what was happening behind him. Lovren was left to cover Giroud and Fabregas and couldn't get across Giroud in time. Chelsea had a couple of others in the box too. Since arriving, Van Dijk has made a point of always being 'on it', keeping the defensive line and constantly communicating. For the Chelsea goal though, he completely switched off.

When I mention that we can look brainless, I can point to an incident in the first half where we could have easily dampened any Chelsea momentum if we'd used our brains a bit. Clyne was bundled to the ground down near our corner flag, shanking the ball out of play. From the ensuing throw-in he was adjudged to have fouled Alonso and was booked. He never actually made contact but he did go in a little forcefully. Chelsea took the subsequent free kick from about 10 yards further infield and nobody on our side pointed it out. Brainless.

Then there's Solanke. His introduction did more for Chelsea than it did for us because he couldn't do anything right. Losing the ball cheaply, giving cheap free kicks away, and not remotely looking like a goal threat.

We now need to equal or better Chelsea's result on the last day, assuming they win their game in hand against Huddersfield (which they probably will). Right now our goal difference is the one thing in our favour and it would be an unfathomable turn of events for it to swing in Chelsea's favour, but our results in the league haven't been good over the past month so we'll need to make sure we get it absolutely right next week.

We looked fucked.

As bad as virtually every player was I don’t want to slag them off (Solanke might be an exception) as they’re running on empty.

Klopp really doesn’t have much choice because the ‘squad’ just doesn’t exist. We have a great starting XI, a few players that are only a fortnight away from being injured again and owners counting the cash when the manager over achieves.

• Upvote 2

I think the points about squad depth are relevant.

We need better back up players.

Some of it is on FSG. But, in hindsight, the decisions to get rid of/loan players like Lucas, Origi, Grujic and even Wilson whilst having a paper thin squad may be somewhat short sighted.

Anyway. Brighton. Let's just get it done.