You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away

Baltar

Big game tomorrow. A draw is all we need to finally secure a top 4 place. If we go with our strongest side I think we'll get a point in the very least and then hopefully can focus on the final without having to play our best players in the last league game.

A lot depends on how much Chelsea are prepared to come at us. They might be banking on fatigue on our part after our midweek exertions but at the same time, they can't afford to over-commit in an attempt to claw back the points deficit.

Our concentration and game management needs to improve significantly. If we need to waste time and make the game scrappy, then do it. Don't let Chelsea dictate what we do. It would be nice if we could spawn a goal or two against them too, because never seem to get cheap goals against them.

Kairus

Clyne

Klavan

Gomez

Robertson

Arnold

Henderson

Milner

Moreno

Woodburn

Solanke

I'm more concerned about picking up needless injuries and we can't beat Madrid without the front 3 and Van Dijk, so rest them. We're not going to lose to Brighton at Anfield, so we have a major insurance policy.

Kairus

Clyne

Klavan

Gomez

Robertson

Arnold

Henderson

Milner

Moreno

Woodburn

Solanke

I'm more concerned about picking up needless injuries and we can't beat Madrid without the front 3 and Van Dijk, so rest them. We're not going to lose to Brighton at Anfield, so we have a major insurance policy.

Still no lessons learnt from the West Brom and Stoke shitfests.

We've handed Chelsea a shot at top four with putting out sides like this. Might as well give them a 3-0 and not bother playing.

• Upvote 1

We've handed Chelsea a shot at top four with putting out sides like this. Might as well give them a 3-0 and not bother playing.

Totally agreed. All we needed was a win against either Stoke or WBA and top 4 would have been all but guaranteed. Instead we fielded weak teams and have paid the price by allowing Chelsea back in with a shot.

Play our best 11, get a point and then fuck the last league game of the season and worry about Real. Play a shite 11, get beat by Chelsea and all the pressure will be on us to beat Brighton in the last game.

Totally agreed. All we needed was a win against either Stoke or WBA and top 4 would have been all but guaranteed. Instead we fielded weak teams and have paid the price by allowing Chelsea back in with a shot.

Play our best 11, get a point and then fuck the last league game of the season and worry about Real. Play a shite 11, get beat by Chelsea and all the pressure will be on us to beat Brighton in the last game.

We fielded shit teams because of the champions league games so we needed to rest players.

Considering we only won by one clear goal the extra bit of rest for those players might have been the difference between going to Kiev or sitting at home eating chicken kievs while we watch the final on TV.

Win any one of our last 3 games and we're in the champions league next year, I think it's safe to say we'll win at least 1.

• Upvote 2

I’m not upset with the way we’ve managed available resources. If we don’t finish top four I might revise that opinion, but I think we will do it. The CL run has been incredible. The league form has suffered, but we still, just about, have a tiny bit of margin.

It has proved, as if we didn’t know, that we need more players. Good ones too. Not just padding. With a usual amount of injuries, we simply can’t go strong in the league and the CL. It has been one or the other. Four or five good signings in summer and we’re well on the way. Even if it is 4/5 in and 4/5 out, I’ll take it, as the departing players (apart from Can) will have been no use to us.

On to Chelsea. I’m going for 1-1 and top four all but guaranteed.

Our defence is much better these days, and they will put in a performance. The sparkle up top won’t quite be there, and we may rotate just a little, so we are not going to blitz them. But we will dig in, be resolute, and I’m going for 1-1.

Willian for them, Salah for us.

Spot on. I seriously doubt Klopp will be stupid enough to field a weakened side for this one.

We fielded shit teams because of the champions league games so we needed to rest players.

Considering we only won by one clear goal the extra bit of rest for those players might have been the difference between going to Kiev or sitting at home eating chicken kievs while we watch the final on TV.

Win any one of our last 3 games and we're in the champions league next year, I think it's safe to say we'll win at least 1.

We’ve only got two games left. This and Brighton.

Just played FIFA and we won 1-0. Bobby off the underside of the bar.

Seriously though the two results went in our favour, we should capitalise and put a strong side out and get into them.

Play some of the kids and squad players next week, not today.