You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roma 4 Liverpool 2 (May 2 2018)

Fourth can definitely go and get fucked as far as celebrations.

The day I celebrate fourth, they'll be kicking dirt on to my box.

I see top 4 as the first qualifying round of the champions league.

I celebrate it as much as winning a qualifier, and slightly less than getting past the group stage.

The reaction from the Madrid press seems to think they already have it won. If the players go in thinking like that I think we'll beat them. 

We will beat them.

They have been gash at home in their last two ties defensively, at least as bad as us - and I simply don't think a manager as good as Jürgen Klopp will miss his second opportunity to win a European Cup Final.

I consider the final quite open - a lot of things can happen in a one off game.

I'm sure of one thing though, if Real Madrid go for the same stupid tactics Roma and Man City did by pressing us aggressively and playing a high line against us they're in big fucking trouble.

I consider the final quite open - a lot of things can happen in a one off game.

I'm sure of one thing though, if Real Madrid go for the same stupid tactics Roma and Man City did by pressing us aggressively and playing a high line against us they're in big fucking trouble.

I don't think their ego will let them play any other way.

Don't understand the idea that it means nothing if we don't win it , of course it does , it means we are dining at the top table again after a period where we had only qualified once in 5 years and made a complete horlicks of that attempt. The Europa League final disappointment was mentioned but that is not even in the same stratosphere as the CL final and almost irrelevant as a comparison.

It means that the club will be showcased to billions in the biggest club game in the world , earns us a fortune and shows to potential world-class targets that we are a destination to savour and have a manager to run through brick walls for. 

Of course it will be extremely disappointing if Real end up on top , but the ramifications of this Cup run and final appearance could change the whole demeanour & future of the club massively, win or lose .

• Upvote 2

Make more money if we lose too, as we don’t have to shell out on any win bonuses.

* Waves to Nightcat *

The Mirror are saying that our lads are on £750k per man to win , surely that's not right is it ?

Once won the Europa League on FM with Walsall & paid out 3 times in bonuses what I got in winnings.

The Mirror are saying that our lads are on £750k per man to win , surely that's not right is it ?

Once won the Europa League on FM with Walsall & paid out 3 times in bonuses what I got in winnings.

Did Walsall kick on from there? Or did you walk out on them as soon as you got an offer from Montpellier?  

• Upvote 1

Wouldn’t be surprised nowadays mate.

Good job we only have about 12 players then!

• Upvote 2

Did Walsall kick on from there? Or did you walk out on them as soon as you got an offer from Montpellier?  

Peterborough made me an offer I couldn't refuse as long as I was happy to have half the team brought in from the League Of Ireland in some dodgy deal with the chairman. 

Less than a million each for a game that gaurantees the club £71m from the competition alone. I think it is on.

I'm thinking back & it used to be a team pot didn't it ?

The Yanks probably signed the £750k per man agreement while sniggering behind their hands.

I am assuming they actually know we are in the final , can you get Flashscore in the US , Rev ?

I'm thinking back & it used to be a team pot didn't it ?

The Yanks probably signed the £750k per man agreement while sniggering behind their hands.

I am assuming they actually know we are in the final , can you get Flashscore in the US , Rev ?

It probably still is a team pot but the Daily Manc is probably just averaging out between the squad so thicko mancunians can fume about us in the final.

• Upvote 1

We also went through the qualifiers to win it in 05. Don't know if anyone else has done it.

Load of shite because I'm not celebrating reaching a final and would prefer to wait until we win it? 

Each to their own. I won't be celebrating fourth place either, doesn't mean I don't recognise it as a good achievement from the players.

Bayern München had to qualify in the 2011/12 season as they finished third in the Bundesliga in 2011, behind Klopp’s Dortmund as well as Bayer Leverkusen. Bayern München beat Zürich in the play-offs and went on to the final, losing it on penalties in their own stadium to fucking Chelsea!

So only we have qualified and gone on to win it, as far as I know.

• Upvote 2

I remember Dennis Wise and Terry Gibson hugging like mentalists on making the 88 cup final.

Think the 89 final with Everton and the United v Palace final were the last of the FA Cup finals of any stature/importance.

I guess this was compounded by the lifting of the European ban.

Im digressing heavily here- apologies  

• Upvote 1