You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Getting to Kiev and Accomodation

Kin ell. I thought I had it bad when ours got cancelled at half 10 Tuesday night. I was fucking fuming but managed to find flights and hotels that didn’t exist last week for cheaper than the direct from Speke. I’m going to

Countries I’d never see like but hey ho. Reckon I’d have spewed it if I’d have got the bad news this late and been my over dramatic self as per.

They’re all fucking cunts who are involved in arranging these finals in these arse end countries.

On a selfish note. It’s dead cheap out here, the people are dead helpful, the atmospheres incredible and the women are absolutely amazing.

Let’s fucking bring it home red men.

• Upvote 2

Ukraine hosted the Euros in 2012, so you'd imagine they should be able to handle the Champs League final. Having said that I don't know if there were similar issues in the Euros.

Hasn't one of their airports been reduced to rubble during their more recent conflict since then? I only mention it as I saw a programme on that Viceland channel were they were travelling around Ukraine and they mentioned something along those lines.

Do you have her name? number? fax? address? please. I am writing a piece on 'unfussy airbnb hosts' and think she could add some genuine value. Thanks. 

I asked about this and she declined.  I found out that this was her apartment and that her and her daughter had gone to stay with friends for a few days because of the chance to make some extra money while the final was on so I imagine there won't be a listing on Airbnb for the place now.

I think this comment may have been a cultural thing as she just expected that was a possibility of some sort and was quite matter of fact about it.  As a host she was brilliant.  I'd traveled over alone and was pretty wary of what to expect but as well as the breakfast on arrival I had a good night out in the local district Podil with her and some of her friends on the Friday.

The only downside was because of plans I made to meet other Liverpool fans I didn't get to see her again after that which was disappointing as she was pretty stunning too.

What a weekend that was though.  The Liverpool fans I met up with were all brilliant and even though we lost (and I narrowly avoided getting my head kicked in down in the subway at one point) it was probably one of the best weekends I've had.

• Upvote 3

Guest Alex_K

Madrid fans far more civilised than Sevilla too, of whom Sergio Ramos is presumably an archetype. Could have been trouble with a lesser sort, as basically no segregation at stadium, which also would have been very easy to bunk into for those so inclined.

Hang on you went over on the Friday alone and she cooked you food then took you on a night out with her and her mates? And she was fit? You lucky bastard. You lucky jammy bastard.

That's right.  I'd have preferred to have been even luckier with her but the plans I made around the football prevented any (limited) chance I had of working on that.

• Upvote 1

I know. After 24 hours of travelling I was exhausted though and expected to have another shot on the Sunday but it didn't work out that way in the end. It was still a great weekend all the same.

Not even a sniff of her undergarments?

Standards are low these days.

• Upvote 2

Those bastard border guards took 450euro from a dad and his disabled son who where on our flight from Moldova to Dublin Sunday.

Lads are trying to get a fund going to get it or most of it back to him.

I met a guy who had a boy in a wheelchair, likely not the same but got some pics with them and they were good lads.

We also had to give the border guy money and a Liverpool “belt” (scarf) to let us through.

I’ll happily chip in if you have any details.

I met a guy who had a boy in a wheelchair, likely not the same but got some pics with them and they were good lads.

We also had to give the border guy money and a Liverpool “belt” (scarf) to let us through.

I’ll happily chip in if you have any details.

Nice one . If anything is set up I'll post the link.

• 1 year later...

The saga of Worldchoice Sports and their cancelled flights is well documented on here but my small claim in the County Court has only just been settled. Having had my flight cancelled on the Thursday afternoon before the game I had to fly to Warsaw (from Luton) and take a 20 hour coach trip to Kiev, watch the game, crash and repeat in the opposite direction.

I asked them to refund the car park fee I had paid to leave my car at John Lennon; I didn't think my request was unreasonable in the circumstances.

They refused but the Court has found in my favour costing them another £50 in Court fees (plus whatever their Solicitor charged them to defend the case).

• Upvote 6