You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Getting to Kiev and Accomodation

Right what routes are people thinking and after having a quick look at prices of accommodation, seems Kiev was an absolutely ludicrous location for a final given the dearth of accommodation for fans and how difficult it is together. But that’s beside the point, we’d follow the reds to fucking hell and back.

I'm flying to Frankfurt on Friday night, then Kiev on Saturday. Closest affordable hotel was 18 miles west of town & that was last Thursday!

Flights back on the Monday are cheaper & it is a bank holiday. We've got a day in Vienna on the way back, there could be reds scattered across Europe on Sunday & Monday killing time between connections.

Right what routes are people thinking and after having a quick look at prices of accommodation, seems Kiev was an absolutely ludicrous location for a final given the dearth of accommodation for fans and how difficult it is together. But that’s beside the point, we’d follow the reds to fucking hell and back.

I'll probably go direct via the main staircase, through the hall into lounge.

Don my shinnies and shout for Mrs J to top up my wine. Love the away games, me.

• Upvote 5

Flying from Leeds Bradford to Venice, then Venice to Kiev on the Friday.

Back on the Sunday to Manchester via Copenhagen.

Got an apartment in Pozniaky which is a district of Kiev, about 25 mins to the stadium via the Metro.

You're home from Rome quick.

Booked before last night, Manchester to Venice, Venice to Kiev on the Friday.

Return Sunday lunchtime, Kiev to Ankara, Ankara to Antalya, Antalya to Manchester. £530. Accommodation £200 for 2 bedroom apartment. Long trek coming home but worth it when we return with Number 6. Tickets will be an issue through the ballot though.

Fair fucks to everybody heading over.

Istanbul was a nightmare to get to too. OMEN.

On the plus side of the awkwardness and expense in getting there, I remember people not being able to get rid of spares outside the Ataturk, so hopefully tickets will turn up for most travelling. 

Booked before last night, Manchester to Venice, Venice to Kiev on the Friday.

Return Sunday lunchtime, Kiev to Ankara, Ankara to Antalya, Antalya to Manchester. £530. Accommodation £200 for 2 bedroom apartment. Long trek coming home but worth it when we return with Number 6. Tickets will be an issue through the ballot though.

I reckon we’ll be on the same flight to Kiev mate from Venice.

Some posts I made on the MF:

A highly risky outgoing flight:

These are with Wizzair

Liverpool> Katowice £178

Sat, 26 May 2018
08:05 11:30

Katowice> Kyiv £167.26

Sat, 26 May 2018
12:40 15:15

Alternatively:

Doncaster/Sheffield> Katowice £149

Fri, 25 May 2018
21:30 00:45

Katowice> Kyiv £167.26

Sat, 26 May 2018
12:40 15:15

Might be worth getting the wizzair membership for £30 as you get discounts on every flight for you and a companion. Take 2 flights together and you make your money back, sometimes the discounts are bigger usually £7-15 per person per flight.

I think there are quite a few options via Poland on Wizzair and they might be a bit more reasonable than other airlines as they don't seem to come up in search results when using multiple airline checkers.

The following Polish hubs that fly to Kyiv are:

Gdansk

Katowice

Lublin

Poznan

Warsaw Chopin (there is another airport in Warsaw so be careful with this)

Wroclaw

Of those you can fly from Liverpool to:

Gdansk

Katowice

Lublin

Warsaw Chopin

Poland has a decent train network so might be worth flying to Lublin for instance and then heading to Katowice by rail or some other combination.

However it doesn't have to be Poland, Budapest is another good stopover hub. I'd also look at travelling to a UK airport further afield - there are a lot of flights from Luton.

You can also fly Luton to Lviv and get a train or coach to Kyiv.

Once in Kyiv the stadium is very central and easy to get to by metro though will presumably be completely rammed on the day. The buses are very cheap and if you use a taxi call one rather than using the gangster run cab ranks who will dry bum you.

• Upvote 3

Fair fucks to everybody heading over.

Istanbul was a nightmare to get to too. OMEN.

On the plus side of the awkwardness and expense in getting there, I remember people not being able to get rid of spares outside the Ataturk, so hopefully tickets will turn up for most travelling.

You reckon yeah?