You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard new r*ngers manager????

Bjornebye

How do you feel about it?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about it?

Yes, what better way to show my support for Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard as they battle it out at the highest level of British amateur football.

I've ordered three.

One for ourselves and one for Stig.

Together we can show our support B-Rod and Stevie.

It’s no lose for Stevie this. He’ll get managerial experience at a good level. Experience the pressure. At worst he’ll last 6 months and will have lots of experience then make his next move. Move into another job like Moyes, fat sam etc... crack on with sky or BT sports or come back to LFC. People like Gerrard don’t fail. What looks like failure on the outside will just be a catalyst to move into something else. Life is about challenging yourself and Gerrard has a massive ambition. I hate Rangers but will be following them now as I love Stevie more. Hope he does great. Good luck Stevie lad. Always good to see a Scouser having a crack.

Remember my dad telling me that Everton were supposed to be the catholic club & Liverpool the proddy one. Asked him why we were LFC & Catholic then , 'I don't know we just are' wasn't the most enlightening answer , but thank christ.

Feel free to correct me but I understood them both to have Methodist roots, Liverpool has always been a city that the Irish or Ulster folks came to and my understanding was that the Everton area was hugely populated with Irish giving the nickname the popes11

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I first heard that "Everton are Catholic" line from a Bloo desperate for something - anything other than obvious inferiority - to distinguish Everton from Liverpool.  It doesn't ring true, though, because Everton were born out of a Methodist church team and one of the tensions that led to the Everton board splitting with John Houlding was the fact that he was a brewer and they were all Temperance men.

• Upvote 1

Not bothered. Does not diminish anything he has done or will do for Liverpool as far as I am concerned. Do not understand people not wishing him well. If he proves his credentials there then he has more chance of succeeding here if sometime in the future he does become manager. He is not going to go from managing an Ipswich or MK Dons to Liverpool manager on merit.

He's going to club which all about sectarian rivalry with unrealistic aspirations to knock Celtic off their perch,  He's on a hiding to nothing and I cannot see the attraction, assuming he's not short of dosh, of getting involved with the crock of shit which is Scotch soccerball. I just think its poor judgement on Stevies part.

Fuck him and Fuge can fuck off too. I'm genuinely gutted. It's not even a Celtic thing it's because they are such a scumbag club they make Chelsea look left wing. Terrible terrible decision. Wasn't his agent Scottish bet he was a blue fan and sold him the dream. Hope Celtic continue to brend them over and bum them regularly. None of you fence sitters better turn r*ngers.

At least he will get to see 10 in a row up close. If he lasts. Which he won't.

I hope they win the treble next year.

Yup that fits with my understanding also

I first heard that "Everton are Catholic" line from a Bloo desperate for something - anything other than obvious inferiority - to distinguish Everton from Liverpool. It doesn't ring true, though, because Everton were born out of a Methodist church team and one of the tensions that led to the Everton board splitting with John Houlding was the fact that he was a brewer and they were all Temperance men.

You would get lynched would be like me getting a Manc and Liverpool scarf [emoji16]

Yes, what better way to show my support for Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard as they battle it out at the highest level of British amateur football.

He's going to club which all about sectarian rivalry with unrealistic aspirations to knock Celtic off their perch,  He's on a hiding to nothing and I cannot see the attraction, assuming he's not short of dosh, of getting involved with the crock of shit which is Scotch soccerball. I just think its poor judgement on Stevies part.

Erm, Rangers were formed 15 years before Celtic. Don't think the sectarian rivalry started with Rangers.

• Upvote 2

Glad for him. He's massively out of his comfort zone so you have to give him credit for taking the job. Just hope he's able to buy some new players, watched the old firm game on new years day and had genuinely never heard of any of their players.

As someone who isn't Scottish or Irish I'll never be able to get my head round the sectarian stuff.

Glad for him. He's massively out of his comfort zone so you have to give him credit for taking the job. Just hope he's able to buy some new players, watched the old firm game on new years day and had genuinely never heard of any of their players.

As someone who isn't Scottish or Irish I'll never be able to get my head round the sectarian stuff.

To be fair mate a lot of Scots and Irish can't understand all that bollocks either.

Same as Stig, but he can

• Upvote 1