You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard new r*ngers manager????

Bjornebye

How do you feel about it?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about it?

I really don't know how I feel. I've zero interest in Scottish football but have a soft spot for Celtic because of Kenny, but not enough to hate Rangers!

My first thought was "no don't do it!" but I've seen many ex pro's on TV saying why it could be a good move and i can see their point, so who knows? It's amazing how much of a pull they all say Gerrard will have in bringing in players (we may be biased!) He's not really expected to beat Celtic to the title first year so it could well be a win win for him.

Crazy move, doing badly in a high profile job early on and it's very hard to come back from.

I've never thought he'd make a good manager anyway in all honesty, loved him as a player and he's a Liverpool legend, but charisma-wise he makes Michael Owen look like Little Richard.

• Upvote 2

Crazy move, doing badly in a high profile job early on and it's very hard to come back from.

I've never thought he'd make a good manager anyway in all honesty, loved him as a player and he's a Liverpool legend, but charisma-wise he makes Michael Owen look like Little Richard.

Agree that it's a questionable choice of job, but I think he's got plenty of charisma.

• Upvote 1

Agree that it's a questionable choice of job, but I think he's got plenty of charisma.

I think one thing a manager needs is the ability to motivate people to go out of their way for him. I reckon Gerrard will struggle for the same reason Roy Keane did, that their leadership on the pitch was based on being the best natural footballer on the pitch, and that doesn't work when you're a manager.
  • Upvote 2

He has a reputation rightly or wrongly as very self centred and 'Stevie Me'. I think he's on a hiding to nothing. Read he wants Skrtel as one of his first signings.

That Stevie me is a manc jibe. Got to hand it to the lad he is not afraid to take on a challenge. Not interested in Scottish football but I wish him well in this new chapter of his career.

I may pop along to a few Rangers games with those two in charge. I only live 3 miles away and if they take a few of the kids on loan, it will be well worth it. Only £26 a ticket.

Will be interesting as my bird supports Celtic.

That Stevie me is a manc jibe. Got to hand it to the lad he is not afraid to take on a challenge. Not interested in Scottish football but I wish him well in this new chapter of his career.

Agreed, it would be the easiest thing in the world to keep babysitting the Liverpool kids and taking the BT Sports pundit dollar, obviously he misses the day to day routine of life at the epicentre of a professional football club.

I’m not convinced it’s a good move, but I really cannot summon the energy to care much. That said, if I was going to choose a club from the lower rung of the ladder to start my first team managerial career, I’d probably go for one with more history like MK Dons before Rangers FC.