You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard new r*ngers manager????

Bjornebye

How do you feel about it?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about it?

Some fella on the train had his tablet out and I saw over his shoulder a headline saying Gerrard still fancies himself to play. It was in the Times so I’m not looking for it but to be honest he would probably still do a good job. I would piss myself if Brown had him in his pocket just like he did Barton.

Edit: andy goram suggested Gerrard should play. 

Some fella on the train had his tablet out and I saw over his shoulder a headline saying Gerrard still fancies himself to play. It was in the Times so I’m not looking for it but to be honest he would probably still do a good job. I would piss myself if Brown had him in his pocket just like he did Barton.

So what you’re essentially saying is that you like Scott Brown more than you like Steven Gerrard?

Not the case though is it. Doubtful any of you watch much scottish football. To be honest I only watch Celtic games , I couldn't put myself through St Johnstone vs Raith or anything like that. Brown is under-rated. He has been brilliant for Celtic. RTegardless of the standard percieved up there, he and Celtic have done great. I hope Celtic absolutely pump the other lot next year. All them getting Gerrard in has done is give them a minor lift and add a bit of interest. It will bring a bit of revenue into the league until about October when normal service has resumed and Gerrard has been sacked. 

Next seasons odds

Celtic
1/10
Rangers
12/1
Aberdeen
35/1
Hibernian
100/1
Hearts
200/1

Yeah that is fucking embarrassing. 

Right now? Yes. Can't get my head around him going there. Its freaking my nut out to this day.

Fucking weirdo.

Scott Brown is a massive turbocunt. He sucks off dead pigeons.

I can’t get my head around somebody supporting two clubs.

• Upvote 1

I can understand somebody supporting two clubs.  What I can't understand is someone belittling arguably our greatest player to defend Scott Fucking Brown and Celtic.  

It's fucking Steven Gerrard.  The man who won us trophies on his own, when someone thinks 'fuck that' I find it odd.

• Upvote 2

My hatred for r*ngers runs deeper than you could imagine. Anyway fuck youse both I'll think what I want I'm not suggesting you think the same. And for the record obviously Gerrard was miles better than Brown could ever dream of.

which one.......

Andy that is.

Hovered on the neg here Stig. Brown has never even got close to Gerrard as a player. He might get near him now like.

My hatred for r*ngers runs deeper than you could imagine. Anyway fuck youse both I'll think what I want I'm not suggesting you think the same. And for the record obviously Gerrard was miles better than Brown could ever dream of.

Stig and his half & half scarf.

• 1 month later...

Stevie gets off to a 6-0 start.

It felt like the first day of the season and not, as it was, a friendly against League Two opposition on World Cup quarter-final night.

But that is what the arrival of Steven Gerrard has done to the blue half of Glasgow. Forget Brazil and Belgium, an incredible 41,000 turned out at Ibrox to watch the new manager's reign kick off against Bury on Friday night.

The raucous welcome he received when he stepped from the team bus for the first time and skipped into the club's famous red-brick entrance was like many he would have enjoyed at major tournaments with England.   

4DFD01B300000578-5926441-image-m-40_1530
+12

Not that Gerrard is thinking of those days anymore. He spent the early part of the World Cup at a training camp in Spain rather than a television studio in Russia, shaping a squad which already includes seven summer signings.

The furthest he has gone to engaging in Three Lions chat was a video message in which he urged the new generation to perform better than his own Golden vintage. Beat Sweden on Saturday and they would have achieved that much.

But Gerrard can only concern himself with bettering Celtic. Seasoned observers in these parts say that a convincing second-placed finish would represent success in his first season, not that the former Liverpool captain will be settling for that just yet.

'I'm one of the hungriest people on this planet,' he wrote in his first programme notes. 'The players have to match that otherwise it's pointless working together.' 

4DFC161900000578-0-image-a-5_15308964498
+12
  •  

While the club have made summer signings, the only name on fans' lips was their manager's

4DFC786C00000578-5926441-image-a-23_1530
+12
  •  

Programme sellers show off the game's latest edition as Gerrard marks the start of his era

4DFC43F600000578-0-image-a-6_15308964520
+12
  •  

Gerrard has been in the position for seven weeks and will soon enter European qualfiiers

His side certainly looked ravenous in their efforts to impress him here. They were in front after seven minutes when Jamie Murphy turned in from close range and they celebrated in the stands as if it was the first of the league campaign, such is the excitement.

The most intriguing of Gerrard’s new recruits is Nikola Katic, a 21-year-old Croatia international signed for £2million. 

Already there is talk of him one day being sold for a handsome profit and, on this evidence, it won’t be long before Premier League scouts are dispatched north. 

The centre-back stepped out of defence on the half hour and found the bottom corner from 25 yards for what was a memorable debut goal. Scott Arfield - a free-transfer addition from Burnley - made it three before the break.

Gerrard - dressed head to toe in a black club tracksuit - took a moment before half-time to observe the crowd, bouncing in unison and in song. Was this really a summer friendly? 

4DFC868600000578-5926441-image-a-21_1530
+12
  •  

The new manager is more than happy to oblige for photos as he poses with a young supporter

4DFD5BA700000578-5926441-image-a-55_1530
+12
  •  

Upwards of 41,000 turned up to see the new-look Gers put six past a hapless Bury side

4DFD4A8800000578-5926441-image-a-56_1530

But while the goals flooded in, Gerrard still looked to iron out mistakes among his players 

They only have to wait until Thursday for competitive football when FK Shkupi of Macedonia are the visitors for their Europa League first round qualifier.

It was this time 12 months ago that Rangers were beaten by Luxembourg part-timers Progres Niederkorn at the same stage. Already under Gerrard, however, it feels like progress has been made.

Arfield slotted in his second on 65 minutes and again the stadium erupted, just as it did when Alfredo Morelos headed their fifth and Zak Rudden nicked a sixth.

Gerrard can only imagine what the noise will be like when the action starts for real.

• Upvote 1