You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard new r*ngers manager????

Bjornebye

How do you feel about it?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about it?

Oh we hate Bill Shankly, and we hate St John

But most of all, we hate Big Ron

And we'll hang the kopites one by one

On the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey

So to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too

We'll drown them all in the Mersey

And we'll fight, fight, fight with all our might

For the lads in the Royal Blue Jerseys

Stevies just renewing the bond

• Upvote 2

Remember my dad telling me that Everton were supposed to be the catholic club & Liverpool the proddy one. Asked him why we were LFC & Catholic then , 'I don't know we just are' wasn't the most enlightening answer , but thank christ.

Feel free to correct me but I understood them both to have Methodist roots, Liverpool has always been a city that the Irish or Ulster folks came to and my understanding was that the Everton area was hugely populated with Irish giving the nickname the popes11

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I may pop along to a few Rangers games with those two in charge. I only live 3 miles away and if they take a few of the kids on loan, it will be well worth it. Only £26 a ticket.

Will be interesting as my bird supports Celtic.

This is really surprising.

You have a bird?

Feel free to correct me but I understood them both to have Methodist roots, Liverpool has always been a city that the Irish or Ulster folks came to and my understanding was that the Everton area was hugely populated with Irish giving the nickname the popes11

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Most scousers are of working class irish descent. The type of fellas who owned liverpool and everton weren't from the catholic irish slums. Both clubs were technically protestant. A lot of the irish migrants in the 40s and 50s liked everton because they had about 8 or 9 irish internationals. I guess that makes sense. The established liverpool irish community was a mix of red and blue.

Thankfully, there was never that shite here, even if you have a horrible orange order element in the city. Football was football and religion never came into it.

Still hate rangers but love stevie.

• Upvote 2