You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Buvac gone?

Tyler Durden

I think it is about the Arsenal job if I’m honest, I think that’s what’s caused the friction and they’ve both decided to call it a day.

Just don't see it.

From everything Klopp has ever said I'd imagine he'd support Buvac getting a gig as a No1.

Dunno mate, isn’t somebody with links to him one of the decision makers there? Also they went for Wenger when virtually nobody even knew who he was, I’m pretty convinced Buvac is the next Arsenal manager.

I don't know, mate. I just don't see him making the step from his current position to manager of Arsenal.

And if it's not, I really hope him and Klopp can make up whatever differences they've had. But I'm not optimistic on that front!

• Upvote 1

I don't know, mate. I just don't see him making the step from his current position to manager of Arsenal.

And if it's not, I really hope him and Klopp can make up whatever differences they've had. But I'm not optimistic on that front!

He says less than Steve Bould during matches.

Dunno mate, isn’t somebody with links to him one of the decision makers there? Also they went for Wenger when virtually nobody even knew who he was, I’m pretty convinced Buvac is the next Arsenal manager.

I think one of Dortmunds former chief scout or head of recruitment has taken a job at Arsenal. I do not see how that trumps a 20 year association with Klopp though. There is also the language barrier during actual games hence why Buvac was rarely if ever seen barking orders from our dug out etc. Stranger things have happened though although Klopp and Buvac had several fallings out in the past. They always kissed and made up in the end.

The skidmark’s comments about how pleased he would be for Faria if he landed a big job have got me on alert that this could be a thing.

Never says anything without it being a calculated snide against someone he’s insecure about, and Klopp seems to have reached more or less the top of that list in recent years.

Absolutely my feelings when I read the turds comments. Had nothing too do with faria

Don’t for a second think this is about the arse job, or a family crisis. It would be far too easy for the club to explain that instead of giving a vague statement that caused more speculation than it dampened down.

He’s had an argument with Klopp and they’ve both ‘gone a bit too far’ in my opinion.

If you've been together for 17 odd years managing at the top level for a large portion of it, I guarantee they have argued and "gone a bit too far" on many occasions. A simple argument can't be the end of it after all that time, has to be something far more significant IMO.

If Buvač has really been selected for the Arsenal job and wanted to try his hand at being a manager, why would that cause the falling out with Klopp? Coaching staff have left before when the opportunities for them opened up, why would the club be so secretive about the real reasons and send him out on a leave at a crucial time of the season just because he is leaving at the end? It must have been something else, or there is no rift and it is really for personal reasons.

There was a decent piece about him leaving on ESPN I think it was, saying that in the long run it might do Klopp some good having a different opinion on the way we play at times instead of having the same one for 17 years and used Ferguson constantly changing Assistants as an example of why it’s good to change and keep things fresh.

He could be going to Arsenal as No.2 if his friendship with the Dortmund guy there is strong enough to lure him away from Klopp. Either way I just can’t ever see him coming back here now.

There was a decent piece about him leaving on ESPN I think it was, saying that in the long run it might do Klopp some good having a different opinion on the way we play at times instead of having the same one for 17 years and used Ferguson constantly changing Assistants as an example of why it’s good to change and keep things fresh.

He could be going to Arsenal as No.2 if his friendship with the Dortmund guy there is strong enough to lure him away from Klopp. Either way I just can’t ever see him coming back here now.

It's not like any of Fergies assistants ended up being massively successful when they tried to go it alone anyway.

Don't understand why anyone is worried about Buvac running off with our secret book of tactics and getting one over on us.

It's not like any of Fergies assistants ended up being massively successful when they tried to go it alone anyway.

Don't understand why anyone is worried about Buvac running off with our secret book of tactics and getting one over on us.

Because Klopp praised him as being the Brain.

He either overestimated him and simply wanted a mate with him or he was a major contributor to the way we play.

Take your pick.

Because Klopp praised him as being the Brain.

He either overestimated him and simply wanted a mate with him or he was a major contributor to the way we play.

Take your pick.

Of course he's a big contributor, but just like great players don't equal great managers, great assistants don't equal great managers either.

Of course he's a big contributor, but just like great players don't equal great managers, great assistants don't equal great managers either.

There is a case to be made about how good he was to us therefore he will be good wherever he ends up. If Klopp loses his right hand then he is at a disadvantage for the remainder of the season.

Long term Buvac experience and knowledge of Klopp's style is a plus to any team that wants to adopt it.

He may not become a great manager but he is a loss to us and a benefit to someone else.

If Wagner gets sacked or Hudds go down, anyone think Klopp might bring his mate in?

Would be an interesting shout. So long as he is strong and gives his view, and not just makes up the numbers as a friend of Klopp.

Salary wise, how much does a lower Prem manager make? £500k - £1M? Maybe more, especially with a bonus for staying up?

How much would the assistant manager at Liverpool get? I’m imagining a fair amount less.