You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Buvac gone?

Tyler Durden

36 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

I still don't get it.

Our record against lower teams are far better than at this point last season.

Our record against "top six" are far better

We've so far scored more PL goals than at this point last season.

Missing something?

5 European away defeats in a row. Guardiola also has a poor European away record, so it's not as if Klopp is the only one.

We're a brilliant team, aspiring to perfection. That in itself is a gigantic achievement. That's the context. Just raising minor questions. Minor.

32 minutes ago, Hades said:

5 European away defeats in a row. Guardiola also has a poor European away record, so it's not as if Klopp is the only one.

We're a brilliant team, aspiring to perfection. That in itself is a gigantic achievement. That's the context. Just raising minor questions. Minor.

Not allowed.

• Downvote 1

2 lots of 7-goals and the extra couple of qualifiers that yielded another 6...it's easy to see why the feeling is that the team isn't clicking like last season yet. 

Practically speaking though, Liverpool is no better off in the League Cup, in a virtually identical position in the Champions League (a must-win final match at home) and MUCH better in the league. 

It's a bit annoying that 2 x European finals in 3 seasons didn't warrant getting out of pot 3 thanks to the good old UEFA coefficient, yet here we are in a much tougher group than last season. 

Just hope the Napoli game isn't us up 1-0 with 10 mins left. As much as I don't worry anymore as much they are good going forward. It would be nice to do to them what we did to Roma last year and just blitz them early. 

If we can get 2 goals clear early they'll have to come out after us and hopefully we can catch them on the break

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Sad to see him go, but it's not exactly unexpected.

As soon as I saw his lustrous flowing locks, I knew Usher would eventually hound him out of the club.

Are you blaming Ushers weekly ESPN column - Buvac: What Is He Good For?

• 4 months later...
Guest Alex_K

He sort of disappeared off the face of the earth. Did Klopp ever comment publicly on his departure? Is he even at another club now?

41 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

He sort of disappeared off the face of the earth. Did Klopp ever comment publicly on his departure? Is he even at another club now?

I don’t think Klopp  said anything.

• 1 month later...

https://www.90min.com/posts/6404363-mystery-behind-zeljko-buvac-s-liverpool-departure-revealed-as-backroom-controversy-takes-its-toll/partners/44725?fbclid=IwAR2izTG01TlD94FvyEQ2zlnMsSHz8ySF954HoWKGQwxFmLdg243MHAWCR74

Jurgen Klopp's former assistant Zeljko Buvac left Liverpool due to the growing influence of assistant coach Pepijn Lijnders, according to an updated version of Klopp's biography. 

Buvac had been Klopp's right-hand man throughout the German manager's career as head coach of Mainz, Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool, and was known as 'the Brain' behind Klopp's success due to his tactical understanding of the game. 

However, the 57-year-old became increasingly unhappy with his role at the club, resentful that Lijnders - who was behind both himself and third assistant Peter Krawietz in the pecking order - was enjoying too much responsibility. 

In the updated version of Klopp's biography, author Raphael Honigstein explained (via the Express): ''The Liverpool (staff) had noticed that the notoriously taciturn Bosnian had switched from monosyllabic to zero-syllabic in the last few months.

''Buvac gave the impression that he wasn't happy with the increasing influence of the fourth assistant coach Pepijn Lijnders. The relaxed, bright Dutchman had been very popular with the players.

''The relationship between Buvac and Klopp had survived, both could simply no longer work together.'' 

Klopp has previously spoken in glowing terms of Lijnders, who had a brief spell at NEC Nijmegen in 2018 but was sacked after failing to get the club promoted to Eredivisie. 

''I could write a book about him, about what a big influence he had, about what a fantastic young - I still don't know what his title is - assistant manager!" he said.

''What a fantastic young coach he is, what a lively presence he is. How big the influence of his optimism is and how lively he is on the training pitch. It is just a fact. 

''I was like that when I was young and I am not like that any more, that's how it is. You cannot use the (same) words always and again, so it gives me the opportunity to watch and to go in the right way.''

https://www.90min.com/posts/6404363-mystery-behind-zeljko-buvac-s-liverpool-departure-revealed-as-backroom-controversy-takes-its-toll/partners/44725?fbclid=IwAR2izTG01TlD94FvyEQ2zlnMsSHz8ySF954HoWKGQwxFmLdg243MHAWCR74

Jurgen Klopp's former assistant Zeljko Buvac left Liverpool due to the growing influence of assistant coach Pepijn Lijnders, according to an updated version of Klopp's biography. 

Buvac had been Klopp's right-hand man throughout the German manager's career as head coach of Mainz, Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool, and was known as 'the Brain' behind Klopp's success due to his tactical understanding of the game. 

However, the 57-year-old became increasingly unhappy with his role at the club, resentful that Lijnders - who was behind both himself and third assistant Peter Krawietz in the pecking order - was enjoying too much responsibility. 

In the updated version of Klopp's biography, author Raphael Honigstein explained (via the Express): ''The Liverpool (staff) had noticed that the notoriously taciturn Bosnian had switched from monosyllabic to zero-syllabic in the last few months.

''Buvac gave the impression that he wasn't happy with the increasing influence of the fourth assistant coach Pepijn Lijnders. The relaxed, bright Dutchman had been very popular with the players.

''The relationship between Buvac and Klopp had survived, both could simply no longer work together.'' 

Klopp has previously spoken in glowing terms of Lijnders, who had a brief spell at NEC Nijmegen in 2018 but was sacked after failing to get the club promoted to Eredivisie. 

''I could write a book about him, about what a big influence he had, about what a fantastic young - I still don't know what his title is - assistant manager!" he said.

''What a fantastic young coach he is, what a lively presence he is. How big the influence of his optimism is and how lively he is on the training pitch. It is just a fact. 

''I was like that when I was young and I am not like that any more, that's how it is. You cannot use the (same) words always and again, so it gives me the opportunity to watch and to go in the right way.''