You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Buvac gone?

Tyler Durden

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Whatever he did, I hope it was worth it. We've not been quite the same since he went.

Perhaps coincidence, perhaps a change of style. But definitely not the same.

I'd take this current side over last seasons any day on the week.  Sure last seasons side scored tons of goals but they conceded tons too.  A top defence wins titles.  We've won fuck all banging goals in for fun because we conceded far too many in return. 

10 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Yea, the results say we're better.

Yup.  This time last season we where 6th in the league on 23 points.  Scoring 25 goals but conceding 18. 

This season we're 2nd with 33 points having scored 26 but conceding only 6 goals...

We've actually scored more gaols in the league this season ffs without Buvac……..  People are yapping purely because we aren't all out attack anymore.  Second half off the season was when we usually starting clicking into gear.  

Fact is we're a far better team this season.  We just got a tough draw for the CL.  We always do it the hard way anyway.  

8 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Negged for using a star in the word cunt. 

Just type it out properly you fuckin virgin. 

Are we swearing like Steve Wright now? Fuckin with no g?

8 hours ago, karl1987 said:

Yup.  This time last season we where 6th in the league on 23 points.  Scoring 25 goals but conceding 18. 

This season we're 2nd with 33 points having scored 26 but conceding only 6 goals...

We've actually scored more gaols in the league this season ffs without Buvac……..  People are yapping purely because we aren't all out attack anymore.  Second half off the season was when we usually starting clicking into gear.  

Fact is we're a far better team this season.  We just got a tough draw for the CL.  We always do it the hard way anyway.  

People aren't yapping because we're not all out attack at all. No doubt in the League things are going better at the moment against the so-called lesser teams. Against superior opposition last season we were having some really decent results (Roma, Man City as examples) but this season we are strugglings against decent opposition. Perhaps it's team selection, perhaps it's coaching differences, perhaps it's quite simply player form. Hard to know for sure but it certainly isn't simply because we were just attacking and now we're not. 

If things continue in this way, Liverpool will continue to rack up league points against lower placed teams but could continue to struggle against superior teams that last season we were eating for breakfast.

I reckon you refer to the 14 teams not called "top six" as the "lower teams".

Let's see how we've done against "the top 6" this season: 4 matches played, 3 of them away: 1  win, 3 draws, no losses.

Last year Nov 29th 2017: Against “top 6 “: 5 matches played, 3 home and 2 away: 1 win, 2 draws, 2 losses.

You’re right, we are better against the smaller teams.

I'm a clown, usually spouting just tosh, but I do fail to see where the decline is. Please enlighten me.

1 minute ago, moof said:

I haven’t checked any other thread. Are they all like this? Because we lost a close game away from home against a £400m strike force?

Think it's because we barely created a chance again a top team, like most of the season. If Alisson wasn't great we would have conceded more. Our attacking spark was either Coutinho's or Buvac's doing.

5 minutes ago, Hades said:

Think it's because we barely created a chance again a top team, like most of the season. If Alisson wasn't great we would have conceded more. Our attacking spark was either Coutinho's or Buvac's doing.

The gist of this seems to be that Klopp’s teams can’t attack without Buvac or defend without Van Dijk.