You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Buvac gone?

Tyler Durden

Ignoring what's been reported, has anyone actually noticed if they've seemed off with each other on the touchline? It's his assistant manager, I'd like to imagine it would be pretty obvious if they weren't talking during matches.

If this is true the only thing I can imagine that's happened is Buvac has recently accepted a management job elsewhere for next season and Klopps gone in a mood with him and froze him out.

Yep, when l was re running the post game celebrations after the CL 2nd leg at Man City in search of any potential gifs the whole squad and management team were out there whooping it up with the fans apart from Buvac. It just momentarily made me question his absence.

Just re run it and the only time he shows up is here. Shite Monday morning news if true.

qzJpiPr.png

Yep, when l was re running the post game celebrations after the CL 2nd leg at Man City in search of any potential gifs the whole squad and management team were out there whooping it up with the fans apart from Buvac. It just momentarily made me question his absence.

Just re run it and the only time he shows up is here. Shite Monday morning news if true.

qzJpiPr.png

Interesting. Robertson all over Klopp with the best mate position vacant. Poor from him.

• Upvote 1

qzJpiPr.png

I was going to say 'That's not Buvac' until I saw him lurking in the background.

I saw a comment by a supposed bluenose or manc in a comment on the Echo Liverpool page last night and thought it was a poor wind up attempt. This is bad news on the eve of the Roma game and with just a couple of league games to go. What piss poor timing by him if correct unless he has a serious illness. Any other circumstances why do it now. He has been part of Jurgens set up since the Mainz days. Very very disturbing and disappointing.

I saw a comment by a supposed bluenose or manc in a comment on the Echo Liverpool page last night and thought it was a poor wind up attempt. This is bad news on the eve of the Roma game and with just a couple of league games to go. What piss poor timing by him if correct unless he has a serious illness. Any other circumstances why do it now. He has been part of Jurgens set up since the Mainz days. Very very disturbing and disappointing.

I'm not sure if Klopp would kick off over an illness,it would surely have to be for footballing reasons?

I'm not sure if Klopp would kick off over an illness,it would surely have to be for footballing reasons?

I think he means his absence might be due to illness...no mention of a kick off is there?

It could be anything - has he got kids? Kid could be ill...he could be ill, or suffering with stress/depression etc.

Wife could be ill etc

I'd say that is more likely and that is why club are granting him leave and keeping it private.

Hopefully he and his are ok and he returns.

• Upvote 1

What. Why do you constantly misread stuff. I can only presume you do it deliberately for some reason. I never suggested Klopp would kick off over an illness. Knock it off.

You mentioned a 'serious illness' and I can't imagine Klopp having any problem with anybody stepping down to deal with it. You mentioned it,not me.

You mentioned a 'serious illness' and I can't imagine Klopp having any problem with anybody stepping down to deal with it. You mentioned it,not me.

Stop being an absolute twat all the time. I mentioned a serious illness in the context of why would he step down now not that Klopp would kick off about his close associate stepping down for that reason. Utterly contemptable of you but having read numerous posts by you I am not the least bit surprised.

Hope it's a tiff, when the assistant leaves there is usually a meltdown.  I think some big spending on the squad would help deal with: the break up, cl hangover, any injuries to the star men.

We have to ensure we do everything we possibly can this summer to set ourselves up for success.  Whenever we are primed to take the big final step, we always shit the bed, in a very messy trainpottingesque way.

All joking aside, the key line in that article is:

“It's a distraction the Reds could do without as they prepare for Wednesday night's Champions League semi-final second leg against Roma in Italy.”

Announcing its for personal reasons allows Klopp to dismiss it instantly with comments about Buvac being entitled to privacy, to keep the focus of interview/pressers etc away from it.

Once the season is over we’ll find out whether it’s the real reason or not, but I’d be surprised to see him back either way.

• Upvote 5

Buvac always truck me as the calm one on our bench. Jurgens often jumping around and even the other fella gets up and shouts at the 4th official but Buvac just seems the calming influence when things are not going to plan. I got in the ground late on Saturday so did not see Klopp and the coaching staff take the players through their warm up. Klopp normally spends most of his time just watch the opponents warm up while Buvac and the others drills our players and do not know what the body language was like. I really have difficulty thinking this is another job offer. He has been with Klopp for donkey years and would be late in his career to take on a big important managers job elsewhere. Health wise you can only offer him best wishes whether it is himself or a family member. He is well respected by the players so I just hope this does not affect them in the build up to Wednesday.