You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have TLW members jumped the shark?

I was under the impression that we're massive favourites to make the CL final and barring a catastrophe we'll be qualifying for the same competition in consecutive seasons for the first time in a decade. We're also managed by Jurgen fucking Klopp, who's building a team that's shaping up to be the best we've had in my lifetime.

Yet I'm looking around this place and it's full of negativity, we're on the verge of throwing it all away and it'll take years to recover from the psychological blow.

Is failure that ingrained in the psyche or are we just overpopulated with hysterical fannies?

• Upvote 4

Almost everyone thinks we're massive favourites for the final, and that Klopp is doing a great job.

A lot of people also think that we fucked up the last quarter of an hour and have given Roma a slither of hope when they should have had none since we were 5-0 up.

The West Brom and Stoke performances were shit. No guile, no energy. Just shit. Some people have had the audacity to comment on this.

The hysterical fannying is coming from those who wear a cape, valiantly informing people what they're allowed to post on an internet forum.

You cunt.

• Upvote 5

I was under the impression that we're massive favourites to make the CL final and barring a catastrophe we'll be qualifying for the same competition in consecutive seasons for the first time in a decade. We're also managed by Jurgen fucking Klopp, who's building a team that's shaping up to be the best we've had in my lifetime.

Yet I'm looking around this place and it's full of negativity, we're on the verge of throwing it all away and it'll take years to recover from the psychological blow.

Is failure that ingrained in the psyche or are we just overpopulated with hysterical fannies?

Chelsea had nothing to play for in the league, three years ago, they came to Anfield and turned us over 0-2.

I know this, because every team in the country sings the Demba Ba song.

I think it’s been the most positive in here than it has in a long time. Pretty happy place in all. I’ve been through some dark times in here over the years.

Has Jairzinho called you a cunt as well?

I get the criticisms after individual games and I haven't got a cape. What I don't understand is the sentiment that it's all gonna go pear shaped because we didn't score past Stoke.

Has Jairzinho called you a cunt as well?

I get the criticisms after individual games and I haven't got a cape. What I don't understand is the sentiment that it's all gonna go pear shaped because we didn't score past Stoke.

Yes but you wear dungarees.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If we win the Champion's League this season and the Premier League next season, I will be very positive about our chances in hindsight of winning the Champion's League this season and the Premier League next season.

Until then I am in the dark about all this so I have no more to add. Other than hysterical fannies will probably rule the world one day.

Until we see medals in the hands of our current team, there will always be a large amount of negativity towards them. I've seen how brilliant they've been this season but I still do trust them a jot. I'm sure thousands of others feel the same.

The team is heading in the right direction but unless we win something soon, a cloud will hang above our collective heads.

I do not see how anyone can think we collapsed in the last 15 against Roma. Once again we are concentrating on one of the favourite whipping boys making 1 mistake when he had been brilliant the rest of the game. Compare that to van Dijks piss poor header at West Brom that lead to their first goal. Not a peep. Yet Lovren Henderson and Moreno are always the targets. Last I checked most pens are scored so the ref giving Roma a pen does not equate to a collapse in the last 15.

People say it is because we have had so many bad times recently. Blow me, I have seen a lot worse by the club and it never lead to such negativity. I can remember watching us finish 3rd 4th and 5th in te old Second Division and being close to promotion but there was never the negativity we have now

Jurgen Klopps style is exciting and a joy to watch with plenty of goals. But is also a style that gives the oppos chances to score. I will take that all day after watching some of the football served up here by some trophy winning managers which have on occasions bored me shitless.

We are in the semi final of the Champions League and after the game I read several accounts by people who said the result felt like a loss. Jesus wept, you have to wonder about the type of supporter who comes out with that stuff.

• Upvote 3

Just about sick and fucking tired about people saying how grateful we should be and how very dare you for demanding the highest of standards like we’re some piss ant middle of the road non entities, this is supposed to be Liverpool football club and only the very best is acceptable, if you can’t stand the heat get the fuck out of the kitchen.

• Upvote 1

Couldnt agree more.  Dare to dream you miserable bastards .

-  We are 5-2 up after the first leg of a European Cup Semi

-  On the verge of going all season unbeaten at Home in the league.

-  Have the current Player of the year who is close to smashing one of Ian Rush's records.

-  Will have the cream of Europes youngsters falling over themselves to join us after this season.

• Upvote 1

I only get worried about us when we're favourites. This second leg worries me. People are looking past Roma to the final. They've come back in a same situation in the last round. We cannot underestimate the atmosphere and the belief these players have after knocking Barcelona out.

I'm still furious we let them back in. I'm still furious with FSG for leaving us with Woodburn and Danny Ings as the only cover in midfield and attack. Our entire season is decided next week. We need to get behind the boys 100% and let the chips fall where they may. 

It's natural to be nervous given the injuries we have, the complete lack of squad options we have left, the concerns about another regular getting injured, the effect the number of games will have on a limited playing squad, the shit recent league results against crap opponents that have left finishing in the top 4 an end of season decider etc. 

For what it's worth, I'm not worried about Rome. I'm sure we'll reach the final. Finishing in the top 4 is a bigger concern. And if we don't end up finishing in the top 4 AND don't win the CL...it doesn't bear thinking about.

I support Hysterical Fannies FC, not Reasoned Approach FC.

• Upvote 2

Just about sick and fucking tired about people saying how grateful we should be and how very dare you for demanding the highest of standards like we’re some piss ant middle of the road non entities, this is supposed to be Liverpool football club and only the very best is acceptable, if you can’t stand the heat get the fuck out of the kitchen.

And yet you said in a different post last night that we’ll never challenge for the league under these owners, which rightly implies that Klopp is working with less than ‘only the very best’. I’m more inclined to agree with that than I am with the people assuming the wheels are gonna come off our entire season after a 0-0 against Stoke. We fucked up last week against West Brom and responded by absolutely leathering Roma.

Cook the man some fucking eggs

Just about sick and fucking tired about people saying how grateful we should be and how very dare you for demanding the highest of standards like we’re some piss ant middle of the road non entities, this is supposed to be Everton football club and only the very best is acceptable, if you can’t stand the heat get the fuck out of the kitchen.

That post could have been plucked directly from GOT.

• Upvote 1