You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke Home - Sat 28/4

aRdja

Not in the least. We've had 2 chances to clinch top 4 against the dregs of the league and fucked both of them up. And if (still a big if) we get through to the CL final Real will absolutely fucking ruin us!

I can quite easily see Chelsea winning their last 4 games and us screwing up against Brighton!

We played those dregs of the league as you call them either side of the CL semi final 1st leg. That makes the CL semi 1st leg the most important game as far as I am concerned. One of those dregs have actually won away a Newcastle today and beat United before they played us. You are entitled to your opinion but I just think you are one massive wind up merchant. Whatever floats your shit I suppose.

Weakest willed squad to ever take a 5-0 lead in a European Cup semi-final.

And then let them back in to it in the last 10 minutes. United in their pomp, us in our pomp would have ripped their fucking heads off at 5-0.

That's why we're nowhere close in the league, and got put out of both domestic cups by average to poor sides!

I'd love us to win the CL, it would be immense, but we've got away with a fair few decisions on this run, and law of averages says that cannot last. Ironically, the similar decisions have gone the opposite way in the league.

• Downvote 2

And then let them back in to it in the last 10 minutes. United in their pomp, us in our pomp would have ripped their fucking heads off at 5-0.

That's why we're nowhere close in the league, and got put out of both domestic cups by average to poor sides!

I'd love us to win the CL, it would be immense, but we've got away with a fair few decisions on this run, and law of averages says that cannot last. Ironically, the similar decisions have gone the opposite way in the league.

The ref gave them 1 goal with the pen. You really do talk rubbish.

What's a fair few? I can only recall Salah being offside for the first goal against City at Anfield and Sane's disallowed goal at the Etihad. I don't really think that's that many decisions, but yes we have gotten absolutely bummed in the league by terrible refereeing. 

Edit: We also fucking won the tie 5-1 so there's nothing to say we would have lost the tie with those decisions being made correctly either.

He had a opportunity to get in a replacement for Phil and decided not to.

He's partly to blame for the shape of the squad.

He’s also to blame for us being 5-2 up in the CL semi, and very close to top four as we manage a heroic CL effort.

Yes, we are short of bodies, but that will be remedied in summer. Klopp tried for 2-3 players in Jan, besides the two we brought in, but it wasn’t to be and deals couldn’t be closed. It’s making it tight, but we are way overachieving in the CL and slightly overachieving in the Prem, in relation to where most fans thought we’d be.

Not bad with a dilapidated squad. Get a few more in summer and we will improve further.

• Upvote 2

TIZrKnc.jpg

• Upvote 1

People will always say we need more and better players. Even City with their strength of squad could not maintain a 4 trophy challenge and they would swap the League Cup in a heart beat to still be in the CL.

Klopp was never going to build his team and squad overnight but I do not think he is that far off what he sees as a very good squad. I do not think we need massive changes and think people expecting that will be massively disappointed in the summer. We have been massively unlucky with injuries coming at the wrong time if there ever is a wrong time. Our style of play and closing opponents down quickly is always going to result in some injuries.

What seems to get overlooked is that it is Klopps methods and players that have got us to a 5-2 semi final first leg lead. Just read that again 5-2 in the semi final first leg. I would have given my only remaining bollock to have that at the beginning of the season. And finishing in the top 4 is still in our own hands.

Todays result was disappointing but in a way we played within ourselves. Meanwhile Roma went for it in their game and played the last 30 minutes with 10 men. None of the goals they scored today will help them on Wednesday.

Aint life a bitch.

We're definitely getting stronger, big Virg, Trent and Robertson are absolutely top drawer and we couldn't say that about our back line even a few months ago, and our front three are sensational. There's nothing in the basement though, at all, and we need to build up the quality of the squad. Undoubtedly heading in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

IIt was never going to be easy after Wednesday , that night is something that doesn't happen to every side so it was always going to be tough to turn up for a half twelve ko against Stoke.

Even Souness who as a player for us won 3 Euro Cups said the same thing post match that it's hard to not be thinking of what is upcoming.

But I agree a better depth of squad and we'd have won both the West Brom game and today.

It's all up there. 

IIt was never going to be easy after Wednesday , that night is something that doesn't happen to every side so it was always going to be tough to turn up for a half twelve ko against Stoke.
Even Souness who as a player for us won 3 Euro Cups said the same thing post match that it's hard to not be thinking of what is upcoming.
But I agree a better depth of squad and we'd have won both the West Brom game and today.

It's all up there. These boys are playing the biggest game of their lives in a few days and you think they care so much about fucking Stoke! But just watch them against Chelsea when Rome is already behind them and if we have everybody healthy I've no doubt we'll kick some ass.