You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midfield Injuries

Ne Moe Imya

Nail biter against Brighton at home full strength?

Ref gives the penno against Middlesbrough last season & sends Lovren off & we would probably not be in the CL at all this season & they were worse than Brighton.

Don't overthink it & get it sorted asap.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps there's a case that could be made for a tweak in formation, go to 4231 or even 424, with Firmino dropping deeper to help out in midfield.

Firmino used to be a midfielder, obvs.

Trent will be a wonderful midfielder one day, but not sure he's ready, and not sure we're willing to take risks at RB to take risks in CM.

Don't think we can blame lack of investment for this one either. No way for Jurgen to know we'd have long term injuries to 3 of our main 6 midfielders. We have just been very, very unlucky with injuries in midfield.

They are very injury prone players, we need to buy some hard as nails characters.

They are very injury prone players, we need to buy some hard as nails characters.

I don’t think Can is injury prone. With Ox’s injury, being “hard as nails” wouldn’t have helped unfort. Roy Keane suffered similar injury from memory and he was one of the toughest footballers around.

Would have no problem seeing Herbie Kane on the bench against Stoke on Saturday.

Start Henderson, Milner & Wijnaldum and take 1 of them off in the second half when the game is, hopefully, won.

Be Woodburn first in line wouldn't it?

Thought he was playing deeper these days?

Needs a serious overhaul in the summer the midfield.

Lallana needs moving on - he is fucked

Can seemingly wants out.

Henderson hasn't appeared in 25 league games in any of the last 3 seasons - unreliable

Oxlade has a serious injury so it is a wait and see job - desperately unlucky as he was winning people round big time and looking the business.

Wijnaldum is reliable enough, makes a decent squad player.

Milner will be 33 in January - quality footballer and good old head but 3 games week week in week out at the sharp end??...

Grujic - Young inexperienced and raw - has Cardiff helped? He is 22 now, time to step up or is he not going to make it..next season is make or break IMO.

We have Keita coming but those options are not robust enough/strong enough for a team who want to win leagues and challenge on 4 fronts.

Be Woodburn first in line wouldn't it?

Thought he was playing deeper these days?

Woodburn is likely to be ahead of Kane as far as Klopp is concerned, but I would prefer to see Herbie replace one of Henderson or Milner as he is of a similar style to those two.

If Woodburn was to be used, then for me, it would be as the more advanced of the midfield three. Ben's fitness is a bit of a concern for me. He hasn't looked 100% when he's played at any stage this sesaon. Hopefully that's just growing pains and he can have an injury free season next term, as he's a very talented player.

• Upvote 1

Completely agree but I think that's what we need.

Origi, sturridge, markovic and Moreno need to be sold.

Ings is a question mark

Solanke needs to go on loan.

That's 6 out.

If firmino and salah got injured at same time we would be utterly fucked. Hope we sort it this summer but I can't see it. We will be told about war chests and will do the bare minimum

No need to --

Keita plus another fella sorts the midfield

Give us a top CB and a top attacker and we are good.

Especially if the attacker can play wide and central.

Without any other changes - then we still have decisions on Grujic, Ejaria, Woodburn -- plus Wilson, Brewster.

At fullback - bet Clyne back in, use Gomez across the back four and decide on Moreno.

I can't imagine Can simply refusing to play and using a bullshit injury excuse, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

If he's actually fit, he's got a spot potentially in a CL final waiting for him, plus the World Cup is only weeks away and he's a regular for the defending champions. Why would he jeopardize that?

We will be told about war chests and will do the bare minimum

Like last summers £250 million warchest we were told about...... yet Klopp is running transfers at a profit and close to a European cup final.

if we are doing a big overhaul this summer we will have to be quick. the window is only open for around a month.

Completely agree but I think that's what we need.

Origi, sturridge, markovic and Moreno need to be sold.

Ings is a question mark

Solanke needs to go on loan.

That's 6 out.

If firmino and salah got injured at same time we would be utterly fucked. Hope we sort it this summer but I can't see it. We will be told about war chests and will do the bare minimum

The squad reshaping from the massively unbalanced and lacking in depth state it was in when Klopp came in hasn't in my opinion been moving quickly enough....but that said we are steadily improving and could be about to achieve something special - so i am loathe to be too critical but i do agree with you that if we want to really kick on we need a fair few additions.

It is staggering what Klopp has done with limited options - imagine what he could potentially do with more depth and quality...but it is going to be a bastard of a summer to try and do business in.