You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 4

niallers

Shame that. Always thought KE was a great poster. Was delighted to see him back posting again recently. Hope he and the Rev return soon.

To restore balance to the force Dave can't you ban Fowler1972?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We need a safe space forum, with just empty blank topics.

Off to RAWK I go

I think we need the opposite, a forum dedicated to people having their arguments out of the way, instead of disrupting football threads with their quimmery.

If they were both level headed they would not feel the need to go in order to create a statement.

I enjoy both posters but if they can't disagree like gentlemen then there is no point in having a discussion in the first place. Code was argumentative sure but he did so in a civil manner.

Getting personal has no room in an objective debate, a fact sadly lost on fans in a public posting forum. Some need to watch "The Great Debaters" on how to conduct themselves in a discussion.

I'll flounce if I want to ya dickhead, stop telling me how to live my life.

I'll flounce if I want to ya dickhead, stop telling me how to live my life.

To the point. Why would I narrate on how you should lead your internet life simply by stating correct posting etiquette?

In other words, if I am being a dickhead ignore me and proceed to flounce away without the need for exaggerated drama and/or deleting posts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To the point. Why would I narrate on how you should lead your internet life simply by stating correct posting etiquette?

In other words, if I am being a dickhead ignore me and proceed to flounce away without the need for exaggerated drama and/or deleting posts.

Negged for using the n word.

This shit has been blown way out of proportion. In my opinion I don't think you should delete your account. You are a top poster and if you do go you will be missed on here.

We need more posters like you and G Richards and less like 3 stacks, Creator Supreme and the likes.

Oh go away and masturbate

Don't listen to him fellas, I live around the corner from him and he still hasn't bought me a pint. Sorted me with a ticket mind, but no pint.

Bloody good point that, Mark. I’ll drop you a line to sort a few beers one night and we can continue that conversation about how much we both hate King Emlyn and the Rev but don’t have the balls to tell them on here.

• Upvote 3

Just wanted to give a final comment on this, having taken a few days to reflect.

From my perspective it wasn’t a disagreement. It was an attack. To the best of my knowledge I had never even spoken with King Emlyn or exchanged any ideas before he took it on himself to aggressively have a pop at me.

After we lost to Chelsea we were all gutted. I tried to look on the bright side and point towards the last day of the season, anticipating that we would beat Brighton, secure top four, have a nice send off to the final, and Chelsea would be gutted, having put in a late season surge and gone close to top four.

For that King Emlyn said I was talking shit. It’s not the world’s worst insult by any means, but I asked him to show me how, and he couldn’t. Instead he said he didn’t like me (laughable to take that stance towards someone on here really, as we are not 14 year old girls). Then he added more by saying I was condescending, and also acting the big bollocks towards Chelsea.

It was all rather odd, so I stepped back for a few days to reflect, both on whether or not there was any merit in what King Emlyn was saying, and also whether or not I would continue to post here.

I came back a while later and read through the thread again. I was hoping there might have been a softening of heart, or some sort of sign that the aggression towards me was a regrettable mistake -and we’re all capable of that, but there was no sign of contrition. In fact, it looked like it was getting worse, as King Emlyn added to the insult by also calling me a phony.

I don’t know what that’s supposed to mean. I am who I am. A red. It’s why I’m here. Originally from the Wirral. Married to an American girl. I’m a minister. Served churches in Bromsgrove, Leicester and Northampton, before moving over here. Nearly losing our daughter triggered the decision to move. I never had any desire to live anywhere apart from that he UK, but Mrs G wanted to be close to her family, which was understandable, so I backed my bride and we moved.

I wasn’t 100% sure what I would do over here when we made the decision to move, as it’s different - I’ll leave it at that. But a door opened for me professionally, and I continue to serve as a minister. I’m a fish out of water sometimes, but I do use the small platform I have to occasionally challenge the status quo in the Midwest that says (it’s an exaggeration, but there’s a grain of truth in it) to be a good Christian you have to love Trump, love guns and hate the gay community.

Anyway, I don’t know why I’m writing this, other than possible catharsis. I don’t know why someone who doesn’t know me would call me a phony.

As I reflected on what King Emlyn said to me, it occurred to me that if he spoke like that to someone in the pub he would get a smack and it would regulate itself that way. But apparently it’s OK to talk to people like that on here, without provocation, when you’ve never even exchanged words with them before?

The internet has no shortage of loons, and it is easy to dismiss if they are some no mark who is up to no good. But apparently, King Emlyn is a respected poster. He is a member of the site and has been here for many years, and some of the longstanding “pillars” of this community vouch for him.

So that troubles me enormously, as clearly this isn’t some loon or no mark. So I find myself in the new situation where respected posters can just decide, one day, to go at you.

Now, you could say the attack wasn’t that bad, but to the person on the receiving end it was. Let’s go back to the pub. If someone punched someone out of the blue, and then claimed it wasn’t that bad because they weren’t hospitalized or permanently marked, it would not be appropriate to say to the fella who got punched, “It wasn’t that bad. It was only a little slap. You need a thicker skin. People get battered worse than that all the time.”

As far as the notion of being bullied is concerned, that doesn’t factor into it for me. I’ve never backed down from anything in my life, if I felt the fight was worth it.

But this isn’t, or at least shouldn’t be, a fight. I come in here to pass the time and talk football with (mostly) people from back home. At its best it reminds me of where I’m from and provides a forum to while away some lazy moments doing nothing much. I find that it helps me unwind in an increasingly hectic life, and so it serves its purpose well.

With that said, my concern is this place has become overly savage, when even respected posters are happy to treat other longstanding posters so aggressively, out of the blue, with no context of previous exchange between them.

I will plan to maintain an account as I might come back, but for now I am bowing out. For all those good posters who have challenged and stimulated interesting discussion on here over the years, thank you.

There’s no strop on my part. No flounce. Just a sense that it’s time to move on. Peace and love.

• Upvote 9

Just wanted to give a final comment on this, having taken a few days to reflect.

From my perspective it wasn’t a disagreement. It was an attack. To the best of my knowledge I had never even spoken with King Emlyn or exchanged any ideas before he took it on himself to aggressively have a pop at me.

After we lost to Chelsea we were all gutted. I tried to look on the bright side and point towards the last day of the season, anticipating that we would beat Brighton, secure top four, have a nice send off to the final, and Chelsea would be gutted, having put in a late season surge and gone close to top four.

For that King Emlyn said I was talking shit. It’s not the world’s worst insult by any means, but I asked him to show me how, and he couldn’t. Instead he said he didn’t like me (laughable to take that stance towards someone on here really, as we are not 14 year old girls). Then he added more by saying I was condescending, and also acting the big bollocks towards Chelsea.

It was all rather odd, so I stepped back for a few days to reflect, both on whether or not there was any merit in what King Emlyn was saying, and also whether or not I would continue to post here.

I came back a while later and read through the thread again. I was hoping there might have been a softening of heart, or some sort of sign that the aggression towards me was a regrettable mistake -and we’re all capable of that, but there was no sign of contrition. In fact, it looked like it was getting worse, as King Emlyn added to the insult by also calling me a phony.

I don’t know what that’s supposed to mean. I am who I am. A red. It’s why I’m here. Originally from the Wirral. Married to an American girl. I’m a minister. Served churches in Bromsgrove, Leicester and Northampton, before moving over here. Nearly losing our daughter triggered the decision to move. I never had any desire to live anywhere apart from that he UK, but Mrs G wanted to be close to her family, which was understandable, so I backed my bride and we moved.

I wasn’t 100% sure what I would do over here when we made the decision to move, as it’s different - I’ll leave it at that. But a door opened for me professionally, and I continue to serve as a minister. I’m a fish out of water sometimes, but I do use the small platform I have to occasionally challenge the status quo in the Midwest that says (it’s an exaggeration, but there’s a grain of truth in it) to be a good Christian you have to love Trump, love guns and hate the gay community.

Anyway, I don’t know why I’m writing this, other than possible catharsis. I don’t know why someone who doesn’t know me would call me a phony.

As I reflected on what King Emlyn said to me, it occurred to me that if he spoke like that to someone in the pub he would get a smack and it would regulate itself that way. But apparently it’s OK to talk to people like that on here, without provocation, when you’ve never even exchanged words with them before?

The internet has no shortage of loons, and it is easy to dismiss if they are some no mark who is up to no good. But apparently, King Emlyn is a respected poster. He is a member of the site and has been here for many years, and some of the longstanding “pillars” of this community vouch for him.

So that troubles me enormously, as clearly this isn’t some loon or no mark. So I find myself in the new situation where respected posters can just decide, one day, to go at you.

Now, you could say the attack wasn’t that bad, but to the person on the receiving end it was. Let’s go back to the pub. If someone punched someone out of the blue, and then claimed it wasn’t that bad because they weren’t hospitalized or permanently marked, it would not be appropriate to say to the fella who got punched, “It wasn’t that bad. It was only a little slap. You need a thicker skin. People get battered worse than that all the time.”

As far as the notion of being bullied is concerned, that doesn’t factor into it for me. I’ve never backed down from anything in my life, if I felt the fight was worth it.

But this isn’t, or at least shouldn’t be, a fight. I come in here to pass the time and talk football with (mostly) people from back home. At its best it reminds me of where I’m from and provides a forum to while away some lazy moments doing nothing much. I find that it helps me unwind in an increasingly hectic life, and so it serves its purpose well.

With that said, my concern is this place has become overly savage, when even respected posters are happy to treat other longstanding posters so aggressively, out of the blue, with no context of previous exchange between them.

I will plan to maintain an account as I might come back, but for now I am bowing out. For all those good posters who have challenged and stimulated interesting discussion on here over the years, thank you.

There’s no strop on my part. No flounce. Just a sense that it’s time to move on. Peace and love.

I'm not going to tell you that you don't have a right to feel miffed and insulted, I think you do. I also think you're entirely within your rights not to spend your free being called names, it is your leisure time.

I would ask you to reflect a bit more broadly. It is the internet. It's a public forum. You have been on here for 14 years. You have amassed 16 thousand posts.

To use the pub analogy again, if you're at a table chatting about who you would have started in the first XI, what your favourite genre of music is, who think is pretty, who you think is overrated, how you voted in the last election, or whether the atmosphere was better for Chelsea, or Inter, or St Ettiene; is it natural after 16,000 posts, that someone doesn't necessarily see it that way and doesn't quite care for you?

I'm like most of the people on this forum, I really like King Emlyn and if you look back over the last 5 pages, 100% of the comments have taken your side, and even called on K.E to apologise.

Rev, come on, he didn't attack you personally, he had a go at the forum persona you project on here, which obviously rubbed him the wrong way for some reason. He did it in an aggressive manner people use on here. But it's just one part of you, your forum persona. Dozens of people expressed their support for you. You are clearly accepted and appreciated by many. How can you not feel that it is a good place for you to be, warts and all?