You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 4

niallers

Chelsea can afford a draw in one of their games if we lose to Brighton.

On the other hand, if we did so and then Rafa was the man to fuck them in the stink pipe with a spawny 1-0 victory, before rubbing his hands together at their mongoloid fans, I could live with it.

• Upvote 2

If we fail to beat Brighton and get overhauled by Chelsea & Spurs, and are too tired and / or not good enough to beat Real Madrid - then next season is the one we find out how good Klopp is.

And whether he really needs Buvac.

Hopefully it's the masterplan to claim third while Chelsea overcome Spurs to fourth.

I half like the fact that Chelsea have closed the gap and given themselves a chance, as their disappointment will be that much greater next week. We will play with clear heads and freshness, and absolutely blitz Brighton - who themselves are already safe.

It will be a lovely send off for the CL final.

Believe.

• Downvote 1

The question is, will Klopp play a full strength side to beat Brighton?

He’ll need to, to be sure of victory; but there’s always a flip side to every coin toss.

Why would not he. There is almost 2 weeks after the Brighton game to the CL final. The worst thing would be to have seniors players scratching their arses for the best part of 3 weeks.

I half like the fact that Chelsea have closed the gap and given themselves a chance, as their disappointment will be that much greater next week. We will play with clear heads and freshness, and absolutely blitz Brighton - who themselves are already safe.

It will be a lovely send off for the CL final.

Believe.

King Emlyn, please take my post in full and don’t be so rude.

You took a small part of this, quoted in full here for reference, and negged me because of the Chelsea bit. For those who are not able to appreciate what I’m saying about Chelsea I’ll try to make it more clear: I am saying that it will be all the more sweet when Chelsea’s disappointment is magnified when they fall short, having gone close to catching us, as I fully expect that to happen when we beat Brighton.

I’m not sure why else you would be rude about my posting about football. I know the game, love the game, played the game and also coach the game to serve in the community where I live.

If you have a specific point you disagree with, make your case and show me the light.

The forum is on a bit of a downer after Chelsea today, understandably so. My post was ultimately intended to say we will be alright, and I see Chelsea being gutted come next weekend after daring to hope themselves.

• Upvote 3

PS - of course I would have rather we put this to bed weeks ago, but we didn’t.

Every man and his dog has commented on the shallow squad. We have a few injuries and we are managing our resources. I’m made up we are in the final of the CL. The Premier League is tetchy, for sure, but I still think we’ll be fine.

• Upvote 1

I don't know about others but I'll enjoy the fact that the Brighton game will actually mean something now and isn't meaningless. I want Liverpool to do well, but above all, I want to be entertained and the Chelsea result means a more exciting final day. Also, it's Brighton at Anfield, not 1970 Brazil at the Maracana, we'll be just fine.  

• Upvote 1

Let’s see how half happy you are Chelsea have given themselves a chance next week if we go into our shitting our undies act, a ridiculous post.

Not sure why you are picking me out. Football fans routinely make predictions. I’m feeling positive about our prospects at home to Brighton and think we will secure top four and send the team off to the final. It will be a good day. That’s what I think will happen.

If we don’t do it at home to Brighton then obviously I will have got it wrong. I will have overestimated what I thought the team would do on the last day of the season. We might yet collapse. Thin squad, exhausted players, etc. It is tetchy.

With that said, I’m backing Liverpool to come through, at home, on the last day of the season, in a do or die game against the mighty Brighton and Hove Albion. I find your sense of panic to be unduly alarming, and I’m thankful our manager is not cut from the same cloth.

Since apparently saying “no offence” negates what comes afterwards, then I’ve a message for you:

No offence, but grow a pair and back your team to beat Brighton at home on the last day of the season.

• Upvote 1

Totally irrelevant to what I originally pulled you on, you were taking the piss out of Chelsea like some billy big bollocks and that it was all a given but no matter, you clearly don’t like being pulled up, I’ve noticed this before, Ill be honest I don’t like you, never have, I find you incredibly condescending I know you’re very popular on here and virtually nobody will agree with me but I find you to be a bit of a “sneering tit” if I’m honest, I think it’s best for the good of the forum if we both just agree to ignore each other, and for what it’s worth I do think we’ll beat Brighton.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It’s just a football forum. I’ve never had crossed words with you but for some reason you took offense at my Chelsea comment. All I’m trying to say about them, possibly in a cack-handed way, is that I will enjoy their magnified disappointment if they fall short, as I think they will when we beat Brighton, after closing the gap to us at the end of the season.

I could be wrong, and it all could come crashing down and we collapse on the last day of the season. It’s certainly more in vogue on here to revel in what we think could go wrong, rather than what could go right.

Beyond that I’m not sure why you are picking me out or saying these things.

You made a personal post and said I was talking shite, and intimated that I often do. Then after that you took it a lot further and were much more personal in your last post. That disappoints me.