You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

roma home

kop77

" my friend Paolo asked an old lady by The St George's Palace the time of day, she drew him close pretending not to hear and viciously head-butted him. Paolo volunteers at a Childrens Hospital when he isn't working or operating on sick animals. He may never be the same again "

Horrible lying bastards. Anyone foolish enough to go over there try and stay safe. They have it all set up, excuses in early. Cu ts.

Football Italia

Roma fans: 'Anfield security embarrassing'

Football Italia

3 Hours Ago

Comments

Some Roma fans who attended the Champions League semi-final against Liverpool claimed the policing was “embarrassing” and they “feared being killed.”

A 53-year-old Liverpool fan was left in an induced coma after an attack by two Roma ultras, members of the notorious Fedayn group, who have been remanded in custody.

Rome-based Il Tempo newspaper gathered statements from various other Giallorossi supporters who made the trip to Anfield for the game and found the approach to security very different to what they were accustomed.

“I’ll never go to an away game in England again, because it’s not worth it if I have to fear being killed,” said Francesco.

“We had to club together in a sort of march towards the nearest taxi rank and the six or seven police officers accompanying us made us walk past the pubs frequented by our rivals.

“At the crossing with Everton Valley, five or six Reds fans jumped out and threw rocks and bottles at us. A couple of ours tried to defend themselves, but rather than block them, the police charged us.

“I found myself crushed up against a wall and thought ‘I’m either getting arrested or killed here.’ Then reinforcements arrived and in the end they took us up to the World Museum, 4.5km from Anfield Road.”

Giulio’s problems occurred even before the semi-final, as he claimed “all the taxis refused to take us on board” to reach the stadium.

“Once we got there, we found no police at all, just a couple of stewards. To reach the away section, we necessarily had to go under the Kop, so right in the middle of their fans. It was an incredible crush, there were a thousand of us in one little corner.”

Another fan, named Luca, said that at the entrance he “saw a supporter with blood coming down his face after a clash with other fans. It was just chaos and the security measures were bland at best. Contact between the sets of fans was inevitable.”

The Stadio Olimpico has two levels of security checks before anyone can enter the arena.

“The security checks in Liverpool were embarrassing,” Antonio was quoted as saying in the newspaper.

“There’s no filtering system, people with backpacks went in without anyone checking the contents, even the frisking was perfunctory. Compared to other stadiums in Europe, it’s all very relaxed – too relaxed, unfortunately.”

Stefano claimed he was “charged by police on horseback after accidentally going down the wrong road.”

A supporter called Marco felt trouble was inevitable with the lack of police presence in the city.

“During the day in the streets of Liverpool, I didn’t see a single policeman, which is crazy when the game is so high-risk. A friend of mine was punched and kicked, he ran off and asked a policeman to intervene, but was told to ‘go away.’

“So he got in a taxi, gave the driver £50 and convinced him to take him away from that hell-hole.”

Embarassing piece by Football Italia. People had to go under the Kop to get to the ARE. Even allowing for shit translation everyone knows you cannot go under the Kop.

I have no problem with Italian people but this is just downright lies and disinformation.

The narrative has already been set about the fans about scousers about the city itself. Facts the truth are completely irrelevant, fuck the brain dead bastards and their opinions they aren't worth shit.

• Upvote 1

The narrative has already been set about the fans about scousers about the city itself. Facts the truth are completely irrelevant, fuck the brain dead bastards and their opinions they aren't worth shit.

They were defending that cunt from the Express. Thought it warranted a link. As for the narrative about the City, it can't always go unchallenged. Many a time I've bitten my lip and regretted it later.

What a star.

Lucas has helped his former club Liverpool ahead of their Champions League semi-final clash with Roma next week.

The Brazilian left Anfield in 2017, signing for Roma's bitter rivals Lazio, but it seems he has remained a Red at heart, as his latest gesture proves.

Liverpool take a 5-2 advantage with them to Italy for the second leg tie, and will use Lazio's Formello training ground before and after the match.

According to Sky in Italy, Lucas acted as an "intermediary" to make the agreement possible, to ensure the Liverpool team are in tip-top shape for the most important game of their season to this point.

• Upvote 2

Football Italia

Roma fans: 'Anfield security embarrassing'

Football Italia

3 Hours Ago

Comments

Some Roma fans who attended the Champions League semi-final against Liverpool claimed the policing was “embarrassing” and they “feared being killed.”

A 53-year-old Liverpool fan was left in an induced coma after an attack by two Roma ultras, members of the notorious Fedayn group, who have been remanded in custody.

Rome-based Il Tempo newspaper gathered statements from various other Giallorossi supporters who made the trip to Anfield for the game and found the approach to security very different to what they were accustomed.

“I’ll never go to an away game in England again, because it’s not worth it if I have to fear being killed,” said Francesco.

“We had to club together in a sort of march towards the nearest taxi rank and the six or seven police officers accompanying us made us walk past the pubs frequented by our rivals.

“At the crossing with Everton Valley, five or six Reds fans jumped out and threw rocks and bottles at us. A couple of ours tried to defend themselves, but rather than block them, the police charged us.

“I found myself crushed up against a wall and thought ‘I’m either getting arrested or killed here.’ Then reinforcements arrived and in the end they took us up to the World Museum, 4.5km from Anfield Road.”

Giulio’s problems occurred even before the semi-final, as he claimed “all the taxis refused to take us on board” to reach the stadium.

“Once we got there, we found no police at all, just a couple of stewards. To reach the away section, we necessarily had to go under the Kop, so right in the middle of their fans. It was an incredible crush, there were a thousand of us in one little corner.”

Another fan, named Luca, said that at the entrance he “saw a supporter with blood coming down his face after a clash with other fans. It was just chaos and the security measures were bland at best. Contact between the sets of fans was inevitable.”

The Stadio Olimpico has two levels of security checks before anyone can enter the arena.

“The security checks in Liverpool were embarrassing,” Antonio was quoted as saying in the newspaper.

“There’s no filtering system, people with backpacks went in without anyone checking the contents, even the frisking was perfunctory. Compared to other stadiums in Europe, it’s all very relaxed – too relaxed, unfortunately.”

Stefano claimed he was “charged by police on horseback after accidentally going down the wrong road.”

A supporter called Marco felt trouble was inevitable with the lack of police presence in the city.

“During the day in the streets of Liverpool, I didn’t see a single policeman, which is crazy when the game is so high-risk. A friend of mine was punched and kicked, he ran off and asked a policeman to intervene, but was told to ‘go away.’

“So he got in a taxi, gave the driver £50 and convinced him to take him away from that hell-hole.”

joe_friday.jpg

Yeah he's talking a lot of sense. Good man. I've been to see Roma many, many times and 95% of their fans are great. I've never had any problems at all. However, there is a fudamental problem with violence in Italian football. To their credit they do recognise this, but they are far too slow in dealing with it.

What I like about that interview is that it was immediately, accurately translated for the video. Well done to them.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K

Milanese have been fine. Any fan related troubles in Istanbul, Athens or the Inter game? Never that I’m aware of (outside self inflicted bunkers in at the former). This bunch are a different breed. As mentioned above the comments emanating from their media and policing channels are ridiculous .. Anfield must be one of the softest grounds for away fans to visit .. barely any trouble, and once your in the ground there’s an average Age of about 50! The concept of 1000 visiting English “ultras” is fanciful in the extreme.