You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

roma home

kop77

Salah was in about 20 yards of space in the second half and ran pa's their defenders like they were statues.

They will be more worried about us and they can't stay back the whole game. They have to go for it.

Worried about our midfield now. We basically have to play the rest of the games with the same players. Lallana, Can out for the season as well as Oxlade-Chamberlain.

I'd have been thrilled with 2-0 so can't really get the excessive panic over a result better than that.

If we had come back from 2-0 down to win 5-2 we would all be walking on air , but it would not have made a single difference when we were kicking off at 7.45 next Wednesday.

p.s I keep reading the phrase ' On a knife-edge ' , I'm sorry that's complete bollocks.

Roma are 12/1 against to reach the final & I assure you bookies are not generally in the game of giving money away for fun.

I can remember Liverpool being 9/1 against just to win at Castle Greyskull. One Danny Murphy free kick later.....

Salah was in about 20 yards of space in the second half and ran pa's their defenders like they were statues.

They will be more worried about us and they can't stay back the whole game. They have to go for it.

Worried about our midfield now. We basically have to play the rest of the games with the same players. Lallana, Can out for the season as well as Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Was thinking about that last night , not ideal with only 3 midfielders available with 5 games to go. Trying to think of other options but only TAA and Woodburn came to mind. 

Hopefully a win against Stoke & a Chelsea slip up will make the last 2 league games dead rubbers.

I can remember Liverpool being 9/1 against just to win at Castle Greyskull. One Danny Murphy free kick later.....

Not saying it can't happen CS but I imagine the percentage of 12/1 shots winning in football is extremely low.

Football-wise, I am definitely a 'glass half-empty ' type myself, but still can't see last nights result as anything but excellent.

Not saying it can't happen CS but I imagine the percentage of 12/1 shots winning in football is extremely low.

Football-wise, I am definitely a 'glass half-empty ' type myself, but still can't see last nights result as anything but excellent.

Pretty low yep. I'd say they've got about a one in 12 chance.

Was thinking about that last night , not ideal with only 3 midfielders available with 5 games to go. Trying to think of other options but only TAA and Woodburn came to mind.

Hopefully a win against Stoke & a Chelsea slip up will make the last 2 league games dead rubbers.

I'd choose TAA as he's further progressed than Woodburn. If we can choose between TAA, a fit Clyne and Gomez at right back then we've actually got strength in depth there.
  • Upvote 1