You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

roma home

kop77

The first comment underneath

"Yet nobody arrested for the attack on the Manchester City coach..."

Fucking Evertonians can't resist the slightest chance to have a dig

I think it is fair to say Barcelona played billy big bollocks and thought they just had to stroll around for 90 minutes. I do not think we will go there with that attitude. But as rightly pointed out Roma now have an outside chance where they previous had no chance at 5-0. The Stoke game is a massive decision for Klopp now if not before tonight. Does he rest tired players or run the risk of them running out os team in Rome. Damned if he does and damned if he does not.

Agree with this.

As for the Stoke game fuck it, getting to the final is first priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were snotting them, then Lovren did a Lovren, and the ref gave a bullshit penalty.

They don't have half the attacking threat of City, and we coped pretty well with them when they needed 3.

Shower of dirty stabby cunts.

This, plus I suspect Mo will play full min this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The club said no one has been stabbed.

Hope that’s true.

Reading on twitter of people who were in the vicinity and Roma fans were using belt buckles, knives and there’s one picture of someone carrying a hammer.

One guy said he was walking behind the Roma fans and hung back because they looked like they was there for trouble and by the time he made it round to where the scuffle took place the old fella was out cold on the floor.

A team having its resources stretched to near breaking point, having played a high energy game for 80 minutes, against a team with absolutely nothing to lose by throwing players forward.

Essentially the same scenario tonight and against WBA. Unfortunately they both also meant two late goals conceded.

In this context though, the Mo sub isn't as ridiculous as it appears at first glance. He's the difference between winning the CL and not. Defenders are fucking terrified of him.

• Upvote 1

No team has kept a clean sheet at home to Liverpool, with the reds scoring 20 goals in 6 away games, including the playoff round.

Roma haven't conceded a goal at home in the CL this season.

The unstoppable force vs the immovable object.

The unstoppable force always wins. Just go around the immovable object until you find a weakness

Is that a separate issue or is that the one that’s being reported about?

Anyone on here going to Rome? Be fucking careful, cunt fans.

The club said there were unfounded rumours of a Liverpool fan being stabbed and that no one has. There has been a serious assault where allegedly a fan was hit with a hammer. It is damn strange one or two papers are reporting these incidents as if they were caused by Liverpool fans to stir up shit from the manc trolls in the comments section. And that is before you read their myopic reports of the team buses arriving.

I went to Rome in 84. Personally I would not go there again given the agro we got from the Roma fans and riot police. People going next week deffo need to take care stick together and do not get separated from other Liverpool fans. Be very very careful out there as you say.

• Upvote 1

OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT:

Liverpool Football Club is shocked and appalled after a Liverpool supporter was left in a critical condition having been attacked prior to the Champions League fixture against AS Roma.

Our thoughts, in the first instance, are with the victim and his family at this very traumatic time. We will be offering them our full support.

The club has been liaising with the emergency services since the incident occurred and will continue to do so.

Liverpool FC directs supporters and those in attendance at the game to Merseyside Police’s appeal for information.