You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

roma home

kop77

Shut the fuck up you stupid cunt. We're going to one of the most hostile arenas in world football and trying to do with half a midfield what Barcelona couldn't with the best team on the planet.

I agree. 5-2 is an excellent result for a European semi final, but it seems pretty fucking relevant to note that Roma overcame these circumstances two weeks ago.

Is start Salah on the bench away to Roma, make them twitchy as the game wears on.

If we don’t progress to the final when 5-2 up then we don’t deserve the final, it would be remarkable for Roma to do that twice in a season.

It’s fairly obvious that we need a plan to contain Dzeko as he’s their only threat. Was dispponted to see him win things va Van Dijk.

True, but taking him off had the same effect as West Brom, it allows the opposition to push up further without fear of Mo flying in behind them. That puts pressure on the team that could be avoided.

If we have to manage Mo’s time then replace him with another speed merchant.

We did, Ings is like shit off a shovel still, it's the quality that's lacking.

We're never going to replace like for like with Salah, so we need to do something about OUR mentality when he goes off. We were a good team before he came to the club and very dangerous on the counter with Mane and Firmino, our players need to remember that and not allow their minds to take a knock when he goes off.

Shut the fuck up you stupid cunt. We're going to one of the most hostile arenas in world football and trying to do with half a midfield what Barcelona couldn't with the best team on the planet.

Barca went into it with the attitude that the tie was over. If you dont think klopp will be drilling them about that all the way till next wednesday your mad.

If we dont score over there or somehow let them win 3-0. We wont deserve to be in the final, those 2 late goals could well be a blessing for the mindset going into the 2nd leg

I wish we weren’t having a go at each other like this.

As ever, the truth is in the middle. 5-2 is a very good result and one we should be happy with. It puts us in the box seat to make it to the final. On the other hand, 5-0 is so much better, so our carelessness remains a cause for concern.

Both sides of it are true. No need to turn on each other.

My tuppence worth is that tonight’s sting in the tail will sharpen our focus over there. I’ll be surprised if we don’t score, and very surprised if we don’t go through to the final.

• Upvote 1

I wish we weren’t having a go at each other like this.

It's unreal really. All I've said is that the tie is far from over. Overconfidence is the triumph of hope over experience, if I get abused for having a cautious outlook, so be it.

We gave Roma a sliver of a chance, but the tie is not that open. Barcelona won 4-1 at home without doing anything special because Roma shat themselves with 2 own goals; they turned up in Rome expecting the tie was over and got ambushed.

We will show up in Rome. That 2 late goals annoyance will keep us angry.

hope so reckon we will go through but it might be alot closer than people think. Will miss Ox energy in midfield now as aswell.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They had their first attempt of the match when they went 3-0 down after 86mins.

I didn't know that, and didn't see the match. I've read a few things saying Barcelona approached the match all wrong but none really expands on it further. What was the problem? Starting line up? Lack of effort? Too casual?

We did, Ings is like shit off a shovel still, it's the quality that's lacking.

We're never going to replace like for like with Salah, so we need to do something about OUR mentality when he goes off. We were a good team before he came to the club and very dangerous on the counter with Mane and Firmino, our players need to remember that and not allow their minds to take a knock when he goes off.

Agree on the mentality comment, but Ings isn’t as quick.

It's obviously nowhere near as good as it could have been, but I'm still reasonably confident we'll go through; no way do we not score over there.

Is it just me who thinks that pen decision was harsh, by the way? Milner's arms were hardly outstretched and there was fuck all he could do to get them out of the way, anyway. I'm not usually one to grumble about such things but that seemed a cunt of decision to me.

I agree. 5-2 is an excellent result for a European semi final, but it seems pretty fucking relevant to note that Roma overcame these circumstances two weeks ago.

Obviously anything is possible in football, but it shows a lack of footballing knowledge to believe they could do the same thing to us.

They suffocated Barca with a high line and aggressive press because they knew that Barca have zero proclivity to play the long ball and don't have anyone to run in behind.

They could just pass it around us all game and launch it into our box enough that we fold, but you have to look at the way they came back the last time, and it wasn't like that at all.

It's obviously nowhere near as good as it could have been, but I'm still reasonably confident we'll go through; no way do we not score over there.

Is it just me who thinks that pen decision was harsh, by the way? Milner's arms were hardly outstretched and there was fuck all he could do to get them out of the way anyway.I'm not usually one to grumble about such things but that seemed a cunt of decision to me.

Agree, terrible decision. But we had the rub of the green in the last round so just got to take it on the chin I guess.

I think it is fair to say Barcelona played billy big bollocks and thought they just had to stroll around for 90 minutes. I do not think we will go there with that attitude. But as rightly pointed out Roma now have an outside chance where they previous had no chance at 5-0. The Stoke game is a massive decision for Klopp now if not before tonight. Does he rest tired players or run the risk of them running out os team in Rome. Damned if he does and damned if he does not.

It's unreal really. All I've said is that the tie is far from over. Overconfidence is the triumph of hope over experience, if I get abused for having a cautious outlook, so be it.

I haven’t seen everything that’s been said, but I certainly agree with this, 100%. The tie is far from over. We need to go there and put in a performance or what they did to Barcelona might come into it. I doubt think it will, but that’s the danger of leaking two late goals tonight.

Oh, and I hope that fella is OK after the incident outside the pub.

Fills me with concern for the safety of fans who travel.

Taking off Mo was just fucking ridiculous.

This is all on you Mr Klopp.

Indeed it is, 5-2 up in the Chsmpions League Semi Final. Thank you Jurgen.

You got history for talking thru your arse though

1892-LFCWasBorn, on 02 Oct 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'll be brutally honest, I want Klopp gone. It's not going to get any better under him.

• Upvote 3

Barca got goal side a few times in Rome but they had no pace to make it count. Roma will play their usual high line which will play into our hands.

It’ll be tasty over there no doubt but we will get chances to put the tie to bed. 2-2 I reckon. Onwards and upwards.

I think it is fair to say Barcelona played billy big bollocks and thought they just had to stroll around for 90 minutes. I do not think we will go there with that attitude. But as rightly pointed out Roma now have an outside chance where they previous had no chance at 5-0. The Stoke game is a massive decision for Klopp now if not before tonight. Does he rest tired players or run the risk of them running out os team in Rome. Damned if he does and damned if he does not.

Stoke are a massive pile of dogshit. Don’t gamble with Salah etc.