You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

roma home

kop77

Can we just forget the Barca result in Rome, We will not take it for granted and will graft a lot harder than Barca did that night. History won't repeat itself

It happening to barca is good for us. It means there should be no complacency.

We will probably need a goal over there, which no one has done in the champions league this season.

I think we saw why Klopp was so angry with the two late goals conceded at West Brom, as perhaps he is having to manage Mo through to the end of the season, finding the balance between keeping him fresh and not overdoing it and risking injury. He felt his groin a few matches ago.

The draw at West Brom arguably means we have to do more against Stoke, which in turn means we might be depending on Mo a bit more than we perhaps needed to. So Klopp is trying to get him some rest when he can.

On the face of it, you should be able to take a breather when you are 5-0 up, with two games to come in the next week. Hindsight is 20/20 though, and it looks a bit like Jurgen got it wrong, but what’s to say he’s not managing it perfectly, and we beat Stoke and go through to the CL final, with Mos coming through it all unscathed?

Guess we’ll see in the next week.

• Upvote 1

Even their 2 goals hasn't stopped me masturbating to this thread.

If you are moaning about winning 5-2 in a European Cup semi then you're a complete tampon.

Sorry, negged when I meant to rep.

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

No team has kept a clean sheet at home to Liverpool, with the reds scoring 20 goals in 6 away games, including the playoff round.

Roma haven't conceded a goal at home in the CL this season.

The unstoppable force vs the immovable object.

• Upvote 2

We gave Roma a sliver of a chance, but the tie is not that open. Barcelona won 4-1 at home without doing anything special because Roma shat themselves with 2 own goals; they turned up in Rome expecting the tie was over and got ambushed. 

We will show up in Rome. That 2 late goals annoyance will keep us angry. 

• Upvote 2

Think we'll get through but feel pretty flat

Combination of injury to Ox and how shit we were in the last 10

If we play that badly we'll get mullered in the Final but we could just as easily put in a performance like we did against City and smash whoever

Mad!

Well anyone unhappy at 5-2 is a right miserably sod as far as I am concerned. Would have taken 2-0 at half time although I had us down to win 3-1 on the night. For the first 20- 25 minutes Roma looked the better team and we looked to struggle a little. But once the first went in Roma fell away just like City as we upped our game. Some glaring misses by Mane immediately before though made me think tonight might not be our night. It was great to see Mo and Bobby get couple each and Mane eventually found the net. But once again, pissing about with a throw in not far from our own box caused us problems. And I do not think van Dijk covered himself in glory tonight. The last 20 minutes he looked off the pace but to be fair most of the team tired again as a long hard season catches up with them. Shame about Chamberlain sounds like he has done his cruciate ligaments but fingers crossed it is not. At 5-0 we probably could have said we were in the final. At 5-2 they have a chance but I think we will score there. Hopefully van Dijk does not piss about in the first couple of minutes asking for a foul he is not going to get. Lovren will get panned for that header but otherwise I thought he had a good game. It is bloody annoying we are getting solid penno shouts turned down yet refs are giving iffy ones against us. Could Milner really have got his arm out of the way of that driven shot from that range.

Agreed with a lot of posters saying that 5-2 feels like a disappointment...

No, didn't you get the memo? It's the greatest result in the history of the world, and the famous Liverpool could never concede 3 at Roma, no chance at all.