You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jurgen Klopp: The man who made the Reds believe in themselves again - by Jason Harris

tlw content

A large section of the fan base have started twisted the knife in both his full seasons, both seasons he massively over achieved in.

The knives will be out again after the next run of bad form too. Anyone would think our spending actually is enough to be toe to toe with the big clubs in the league.

There are still some on here just waiting for Klopp to trip up especially as he seems to have faith in players they want moved on.

I have lots of faith and hope in Jurgen. He will stand or fall by his methods and results. Football is fickle and not even he can gaurantee trophies. Whatever the outcome the ride is so much more enjoyable now.

Nah. People don’t want Klopp to trip up, even if, like me, they think he picks players they think are bang average.

Speaking for myself, I don’t have faith in players or managers, because I’m well over the age when that seems like a sensible thing to do, but I’m certainly enjoying our performances and there are one or two players that I like and admire. It’s a reasonably good time to be a Liverpool supporter right now. It really is.

• Upvote 2

Nah. People don’t want Klopp to trip up, even if, like me, they think he picks players they think are bang average.

Speaking for myself, I don’t have faith in players or managers, because I’m well over the age when that seems like a sensible thing to do, but I’m certainly enjoying our performances and there are one or two players that I like and admire. It’s a reasonably good time to be a Liverpool supporter right now. It really is.

They do not want Klopp to trip up. Come on we all know there is a hard core of posters on here who are waiting for defeat to Roma or the CL final to come out with Klopp has no Plan B should not have bought Oxlade Chamberlain and why did we not keep hold of Coutinho and Salah is next to be sold in the summer.

They do not want Klopp to trip up. Come on we all know there is a hard core of posters on here who are waiting for defeat to Roma or the CL final to come out with Klopp has no Plan B should not have bought Oxlade Chamberlain and why did we not keep hold of Coutinho and Salah is next to be sold in the summer.

Name names.  Out with it. Stop hiding behind other people's anonymity. Come on.  I want to know who the enemy is.  

It really is.

And hopefully Jürgen will tire of his "bow and arrow vs tanks" Quixotism in the summer, after we win the European Cup.

No way 19 happens next season otherwise.

If there are, they would be more ones that hate FSG, rather than Klopp.  Perhaps.

• Upvote 2

Reading that back, isn’t it funny how most of the nobheads defending/agreeing with him have disappeared recently?

johnb himself has only posted on the post-match 1-4 to Spurs and 0-1 to Swansea since writing the article. Seems like he cared more about making his point than seeing the team do well. Disappointing that someone like that gets a platform such as this one. 

Why?

For the princely 2-quid a month I pay... I can swerve or engage with a couple of articles and two posts in 8 months, so can anyone...

He cares more about making his point?

Isn't that one of the points of an internet forum?

At least he's sparing us the bullshit of multiple accounts, clogging up fora with countless narcissistic navel-gazing bollocks - like whoever F72 et al are.

Or worst of all, there's me to put up with on here...

Comparatively speaking, Johnb is our friend. 

Why?

For the princely 2-quid a month I pay... I can swerve or engage with a couple of articles and two posts in 8 months, so can anyone...

He cares more about making his point?

Isn't that one of the points of an internet forum?

At least he's sparing us the bullshit of multiple accounts, clogging up fora with countless narcissistic navel-gazing bollocks - like whoever F72 et al are.

Or worst of all, there's me to put up with on here...

Comparatively speaking, Johnb is our friend. 

No disrespect to him as it's the only article I've ever read of his and his others may be better, but it was objectively trash and needed to be criticized.

And other thing that deserves criticizing is the fact that someone with the privilege to write articles on this site has only ever posted twice after to offer condescending "I told you so" comments on the post-match threads of two of the very few losses we've endured this season.

I don't think it's going too far to point out that this is weird behavior. 

haha! I know that's not quite true though. Grinch's ire is focussed elsewhere.

I'm not sure he's a fan of Ox, but I tell you what, I admire Grinch, no matter what his eyes are telling him, he's sticking to his opinion and he ain't gonna change and I for one applaud him, there's plenty of room on board the bus, but Grinch is gonna walk.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure he's a fan of Ox, but I tell you what, I admire Grinch, no matter what his eyes are telling him, he's sticking to his opinion and he ain't gonna change and I for one applaud him, there's plenty of room on board the bus, but Grinch is gonna walk.

Yeah same. Big fan of Grinch. Ox put in a MOTM performance against arguably the best midfield in recent history...

Grinch: “He’s SHITE and overpriced at £60m!”

Always good for lols.

Valid criticisms less than 2 years into the job is just crazy. Well to everyone who doesnt expect Rome to be built in a day.

And yet, ironically, his finest achievement as Liverpool manager will involve seeing Rome utterly destroyed.