You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth(h) PL-Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

The fitness levels are immense.

Countering with pace. The full backs regularly running the full length of the pitch on the overlap. Then the pressing out of possession.

Andy Robertson probably ran round the National course 15 times this morning, just for shits and giggles.

Kornmayer is our best kept secret. I genuine believe he's the best fitness coach in the game. Bayern was also unrivaled stamina-wise under him. 

The fitness levels are immense.

Countering with pace. The full backs regularly running the full length of the pitch on the overlap. Then the pressing out of possession.

Andy Robertson probably ran round the National course 15 times this morning, just for shits and giggles.

Kornmayer is our best kept secret. I genuine believe he's the best fitness coach in the game. Bayern was also unrivaled stamina-wise under him. 

Never thought of that. Makes sense, we're fitter than ever for sure.

But back in the eighties our players played fifteenty games in a month with two broken legs, I just don't understand why these modern pansies need to be rested or rotated etc.

A powerful performance by the players after a hard game against City. Make no mistake, even last season never mind previous ones, this game against bournmeouth would have been very different. You could expect the players to be mentally and physically tired after the City game but there was no sign of it. Any thought Bournemouth may have had about it being a good time to play us did not happen. Even when it was just 1-0 and we have no taken a host of chances there was no thoughts about maybe Bournemouth would score on the break. There were no twitchy arses thinking would we conceed. We were not just that comfortable we were organised and composed.

The players looked comfortable all game. An unorthodox save by Karius was their only realy chance of note. I do not think anyone had a bad game for us and it was great the front 3 each got a goal. Mane was alive to the rebound from his original shot to blast the ball in then everyone thought the floodgates would open.

Maybe the players were trying a little too hard to set Mo up for goals but it was not until late on when adelightful cross from young Trent gave Mo the opportunity to tell Kane exactly where to shove his outrageous claims. Steve McManaman was very downbeat on the goal saying Mo had got himself in a positionwhere there was nothing else he could do and did not have a clue where the ball would go. He has just got his head on it said Mcmanaman and the keeper was caught in no mans land. Honestly just shut up. Bobby had a couple of good chances but seemed to take a little too long before he rolled one between a defenders legs and into goal.

Andis it me or has Klopp wound down his goal celebrations this last month. Have not seen him sprinting down the touchline like he used to. Has Riley and Scudamore told him to wind the celebrations in I wonder.

Only disappointment yesterday was Lovren coming off. Seemed to pick up an injury around the 70 minute mark when he cleared that ball for a corner and immediately looked to the bench. Hopefully nothing serious.

Next stop West Brom.

I made a post a few months back pointing out the foremost psychological effect of putting a good series of home results is to make the subsequent ones easier ( The Ron Atkinson ' You only get a cup of tea at Anfield' effect ) and it is panning out that way. Bournemouth are a decent set of scrappers but you never sensed for a second that they felt they could get a result.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but a friend of mine is a Bournemouth fan and was at the game yesterday. He tells me he was spat upon by fans in the upper ARE as he and his daughter sat below. Stewards were brilliant, apparently, although the bizzies merely asked why he wasn't used to it!

That's twice in the last 10 days we have embarrassed ourselves off the pitch. We have a magnificent following and a wonderful, unique culture but we need to rid ourselves of this minority of arseholes.

Not sure why he still classes Anfield as his favourite away.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but a friend of mine is a Bournemouth fan and was at the game yesterday. He tells me he was spat upon by fans in the upper ARE as he and his daughter sat below. Stewards were brilliant, apparently, although the bizzies merely asked why he wasn't used to it!

That's twice in the last 10 days we have embarrassed ourselves off the pitch. We have a magnificent following and a wonderful, unique culture but we need to rid ourselves of this minority of arseholes.

Not sure why he still classes Anfield as his favourite away.

That is majorly disappointing to hear and allowing home fans to sit immediately above away fans is a recipe for such actions. The club should either take the first couple of rows out of commission over the away fans or leave the first row empty and place a couple of stewards there to watch the crowd. These tool do not seem to care that they tarnish the club and everyone attached to it and I am getting sick of the bad publicity we seem to be getting.

• Upvote 3