You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champion League Draw - 13/04/2018

WhiskeyJar

This. Inter are a point behind them in Serie A going into this weekends fixtures. They do have 2 relatively easy games either side of playing us against Spal and Chievio.

Big mistake to pay any attention to their league form whatsoever. Sevilla webbed us all over the place in the Europa League Final and they finished 7th in La Liga that season. I heard City fans commenting before the first leg at Anfield "this lot got beaten by Swansea" and then look what happened to them.

Never underestimate an opponent - especially not at this level. Every single one of those players will run through a brick wall to win. This is a very dangerous side that have already taken the scalps of Chelsea, Atletico and a Barca team sitting 15 points clear of Madrid with Messi in sensational form.

By all means, quiet confidence, believe in the boys, but don't let that confidence turn to arrogance. We'll have to be at our absolute best to progress. 

• Upvote 3

By all means, quiet confidence, believe in the boys, but don't let that confidence turn to arrogance. We'll have to be at our absolute best to progress. 

Don't think Kloppo will accept any arrogance. Arrogance is probably what happened to Barca. Arrogance kills you in football. We only have to look 13 years back to find anotrher exmple of that.

Big mistake to pay any attention to their league form whatsoever. Sevilla webbed us all over the place in the Europa League Final and they finished 7th in La Liga that season. I heard City fans commenting before the first leg at Anfield "this lot got beaten by Swansea" and then look what happened to them.

Never underestimate an opponent - especially not at this level. Every single one of those players will run through a brick wall to win. This is a very dangerous side that have already taken the scalps of Chelsea, Atletico and a Barca team sitting 15 points clear of Madrid with Messi in sensational form.

And let's be honest we hit a big dip in form or pick up a couple of injuries to our forwards or at the back (don't want to mention names) and suddenly any confidence goes out the windows.

I personally didn't want Roma I'm not saying we'd have beaten the other two but I think this team thrives on being the underdog against sides that take them on.

We were announced at the start of the draw as "European Aristocracy".

That should tell you what they think of us.

Yep.

We are equal third on the list of all-time European (Cup) Aristocracy.

We have earned our place in the last 4, and have a historical right to be there too.

We should be treated with respect and treat our opponents with the amount that is necessary.

Roma have more to fear of us, than we of them.

If we are fiercely wary of them, and their history with us and their determination to redress past failures, and if we bring our A-game, or something as close to it as possible... then we have a very very good chance of going through.

And setting up an aristocratic final for the ages.

• Upvote 1

Was it Roma that we played some years ago while Batistuta was there? Not the famous 2-0 with Heskey in beast mode but a game (I think) we lost after being played off the park? They had a penalty disallowed or we were awarded a dodgy pen, can't remember. Just remember we were totally outplayed.

We got drawn in semi final number 2 so why the fuck do we play tuesday/wednesday?

Think I have to sell off my ticket as it would be impossible going to the concert and back home to see the match recorded without hearing/seeing the final result.

Well as I’m a charitable person I wouldn’t want that ticket going to waste

I’ll stump up the 40 pieces of silver for it

***cos you’re obviously going to the Metallica gig as we’ll be in the semis next year too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it Roma that we played some years ago while Batistuta was there? Not the famous 2-0 with Heskey in beast mode but a game (I think) we lost after being played off the park? They had a penalty disallowed or we were awarded a dodgy pen, can't remember. Just remember we were totally outplayed.

Was it the 0-1 loss at Anfield in the 2nd leg of the UEFA Cup in 2001?

Was it the 0-1 loss at Anfield in the 2nd leg of the UEFA Cup in 2001?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5sGV4dhnNQ

That was dodgy as fuck. Ref gave penalty, mcallister says something and the next minute it’s no penalty.

Great bizarre season that year. Was just thinking about the fa cup final today. Arsenal dominated from start to almost finish, honchos handled more balls than we made chances. Then bang Michael Owen x2

• Upvote 1

We got drawn in semi final number 2 so why the fuck do we play tuesday/wednesday?

Think I have to sell off my ticket as it would be impossible going to the concert and back home to see the match recorded without hearing/seeing the final result.

Nothing else matters..