You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are your all-time favourite chocolate bars?

Tony Moanero

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Haha. 

Surprised they are still going to be honest.

Going back about 10 years I was involved in arranging a loan for somebody to take on the franchise for one in Liverpool and it was extremely profitable and they were in the highest rated category by our Franchise Dept. Lockdown won't have harmed them too much either.

• Upvote 1

Vaguely remember that one, easy.

Bar 6, Country Style, Mint Cracknell, Tiffin and Aztec bars were favourites of mine that have disappeared over the years.

There was another one which had two separate flat, squareish choc bars and there was coconut involved but I have no idea what it was called.

images.jpeg.jpg

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Vaguely remember that one, easy.

Bar 6, Country Style, Mint Cracknell, Tiffin and Aztec bars were favourites of mine that have disappeared over the years.

There was another one which had two separate flat, squareish choc bars and there was coconut involved but I have no idea what it was called.

images.jpeg.jpg

Now you mention it Tony, yeah I remember Bar 6, Mint Cracknel, Tiffin and Aztec bars. They were fucking ace. Dont remember the Country Style. Isnt the 2 coconut bars Bounty and still available?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Now you mention it Tony, yeah I remember Bar 6, Mint Cracknel, Tiffin and Aztec bars. They were fucking ace. Dont remember the Country Style. Isnt the 2 coconut bars Bounty and still available?

No it wasn't a Bounty, ds. 

Think I have found it was called a T Bar and somebody on one of those old chocolate discussions described it as being like two half size Penguin bars but with a coconut rather than mint centre. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Marathon.  Not Snickers. That’s a stupid name.  It’s Marathon! 
Also like Topic and the jellybean Cadbury’s Marvellous creations.   

Too right. Fucking Snickers! They changed it here because that's what it was sold as in other countries! Fuck that, Marathon!

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

No it wasn't a Bounty, ds. 

Think I have found it was called a T Bar and somebody on one of those old chocolate discussions described it as being like two half size Penguin bars but with a coconut rather than mint centre. 

Sorry Roger. For some reason, probably my dotage, I thought you were Tony!

Oh, no I dont remember that T Bar.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Too right. Fucking Snickers! They changed it here because that's what it was sold as in other countries! Fuck that, Marathon!

Sorry Roger. For some reason, probably my dotage, I thought you were Tony!

Oh, no I dont remember that T Bar.

Seems to be very obscure and short lived, can't find a single picture of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2022 at 01:49, Elite said:

Nicked one of the kids Hershey's Cookies n Creme chocolate bars from an egg I bought them, it's really nice.

Admittedly not had the cookies n creme one but once had the misfortune of eating a normal Hershey’s bar and it tasted of solidified vomit.

Tony's Chocolonely is absolutely superb, the best chocolate around. It's pricey but quality (and ethical) and I can barely look at another chocolate bar anymore, so therefore end up eating less than I used to.

choc.jpg

2 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Tony's Chocolonely is absolutely superb, the best chocolate around. It's pricey but quality (and ethical) and I can barely look at another chocolate bar anymore, so therefore end up eating less than I used to.

choc.jpg

Named after the man himself. I'd prefer 'The Moanero Bar' personally.

• Upvote 3