You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton 0 Liverpool 0 (Apr 7 2018)

tlw content

evertonreport3.jpg

Before I get stuck into the report, I need to begin with an apology and a retraction. Last week, in the Premier League Round Up I wrote the following: 

“The Blues did their bit to aid City’s preparation for their Champions League visit to Anfield by sitting back and letting the leaders have as much of the ball as they wanted while they watched and admired. The cunts may as well have been eating popcorn.

They only had 17.9% possession this time. At home!!! I mean fucking hell, Fernandinho had 14.5% possession himself. Of all the statistics I’ve ever seen I think that might be the maddest. Think about it, one player had almost as much of the ball as the entire fucking Everton team.

They should be ashamed of themselves. They might be the worst, most feeble, inept bunch of shithouses that City have faced all season. But then that was the plan, wasn’t it? Don’t want to make City play an actual competitive game before they go to Anfield.

Watch the difference in their approach this weekend. Bet they kick fucking lumps out of us. Even if we rest some of our key men they’ll be booting fuck out of them on the bench or in the stands, the bitter bastards.
”  

It was wrong of me to question Everton’s commitment and professionalism against Manchester City. It has now become clear that they are in fact just incredibly shit and lacking in any kind of passion. 

We went there with half a team missing, and the ones who were included clearly did not want to be there. It was a game we could have done without; a game that virtually nobody connected with LFC actually gave much of a shit about. We were ripe for the picking. 

Yet despite this, we completely dominated the game until fatigue set in late on and Everton finally had a bit of a go. They’re just terrible, and whatsmore they know it. There wasn’t even any real fight in the crowd, let alone the team. It was the tamest derby I can ever remember. 

If they can’t beat us when literally everything was in their favour, they must be thinking that they never will. 17 derbies without defeat for us now, but at the risk of seeming ungrateful, considering the massive gulf between the teams too many of them have been draws. They’ve stolen a couple of draws at Anfield in recent years and they got lucky with the timing of this one. Had we not been preoccupied with City we’d have fucking battered them. 

While it’s funny that they haven’t beaten us in 17, we’ve drawn with them twice this season even though this is as bad an Everton side as I’ve ever seen. That’s four points that would have us comfortably ahead of Spurs and right on United’s heels. 

Everton have had worse teams in the past, but they made up for that by being dirty bastards and we always knew we’d been in a game. This was a glorified training session. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for ONE MONTH.

Klavan had a good game I thought. I wonder why it took him this long to make it to this level. He’s a very good footballer and he just never gets rattled or nervous about anything. First start for absolutely ages and at left back and he just gives no shits.

• Upvote 1