You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City away 10/4/18 UCL 1/4 2nd Leg

Bjornebye

I believe I deserve some sort of award.

It's about 2 in the morning last night, second half. Laptop battery is dying and I decide to watch the rest of the match in bed next to the wife (who is obviously asleep).

Climb into bed, get settled and then a few minutes later Salah scores THAT GOAL.

How I managed to keep physically still (apart from a slow fist curl) while my brain was going absolutely beserk I'll never know. Wife slept through the whole thing.

I thought this story would have ended better but it didn't. 

I've therefore put together an alternative ending. 

"Climb into bed, get settled and then a few minutes later Salah scores THAT GOAL.

OMYFUCKINGGOD. I grabbed my wife and shook her screaming SALLAAHHHAHHHHHAHHAH!!!!! I then set off a flare and marched around the room singing along to Allez Allez Allez. My wife's now threatened to divorce me as I kept shouting "cunt ref" at her and then asking what her favourite chocolate bar was.

A great game and evening for the family. 

• Upvote 1

Wow. Just wow.

From Bluemoon:

It makes my blood boil so fucking much. Non city fans won’t talk about how much the referees performance affected that result but we all know how fucking blatant that cheating was. It we get 2 decisions our way we’re still in the game. Fact is they fucking got every major decision their way. We didn’t even get 1. How can you win a tie against a fellow top side where 5 major decisions go against you? It’s impossible

Funny that the Mancs gave it the "always the victims" shout last night, but so far we've seen:

The refereeing decisions.

The Spanish ref wanting to punish Guardiola because he's Catalan.

The booing.

The flares.

The team coach.

The linesman.

UEFA. A conspiracy to knock City out because of FFP and because they boo the Champions League anthem.

That's quite a lot of blame...

Funny that the Mancs gave it the "always the victims" shout last night, but so far we've seen:

The refereeing decisions.

The Spanish ref wanting to punish Guardiola because he's Catalan.

The booing.

The flares.

The team coach.

The linesman.

UEFA. A conspiracy to knock City out because of FFP and because they boo the Champions League anthem.

That's quite a lot of blame...

And it's pure hate. Fear and hate. You would have thought that being the last English team left that othet fans would get behind us. But no, it's us therefore we hate.

Even other fans are saying it:

-----

Hi As a Chelsea Fan I’m gutted. I hate Liverpool awful club/fans/city. We now have to put up with a media love in that’ll go way over the top. We’ve been on some awful decisions in this competition over the years,it sucks you just have to get over it.

Your deservedly Champions enjoy it’s gonna be a few years before we challenge again.

---------

What in the actual fuck?

Look at the state of your own teams before you spout shit like that. We have been on the receiving end of some god-awful decisions, it's football; it happens.

We deserve to be in the semi and City don't.

Bit harsh that. They still didn't manage to create alot even though we were under constant pressure.

VVD was solely to blame for the first goal, not the team.

Actually i thought it was more Karius fault. Our team was moving up, VVD showed him he didnt want the ball. City were waiting to to do exactly what they did as soon as we had the ball in defence. Karius should have gone long.

Now obviously VVD made a mistake too, but he was put under unnecessary pressure by Karius.

Apparently, there was a City fan going mental on Facebook, throwing the blame at the officials and slagging off our fans before going off on a racist rant regarding Salah kissing the turf after his goal. There's no place for any "Muslim shite" in this country according to the apoplectic City fan. The country is worse off because "the Muslims are everywhere and do nothing for the country they live in". I'm sure he'd be happy if his club was taken over by some white 100% British Brexiteer numptys with no money to lavish on the team.

• Upvote 1

Apparently, there was a City fan going mental on Facebook, throwing the blame at the officials and slagging off our fans before going off on a racist rant regarding Salah kissing the turf after his goal. There's no place for any "Muslim shite" in this country according to the apoplectic City fan. The country is worse off because "the Muslims are everywhere and do nothing for the country they live in". I'm sure he'd be happy if his club was taken over by some white 100% British Brexiteer numptys with no money to lavish on the team.

The irony is staggering.