You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton away, Saturday 7th April 12.30

Grinch

I'm not getting the Tom Davies hype.

He got bossed, spun loads of times and could barely get near to Wijnaldum.

He's been shite ever since he shaved his beard off. Did well in his first season but he's already started to stagnate under two poor managers.

We don't need to buy better b team players just push current first team players on to it.

I agree with this but it’s not gonna work with the front three.

Whoever comes in isn’t going to be considerably better than Mane/firmino

All things considered, that was a good point. Solanke should have scored one of those chances in the first half, but then again, Bolasie had a very good effort saved from the excellent Karius.

Karius is growing before our eyes. He’s been good for a while now, and he is making saves and getting on the front foot. It will be a surprise if we sign a new first choice goalkeeper in the summer. A Mingo replacement, fine. But I think Karius keeps the shirt, and deservedly so.

• Upvote 1

Clyne’s performance was a pleasant surprise. After being out so long I’d expect him to be quite rusty and off match pace. Looked much sharper than I expected.

Yep, quietly went about his business, defended well but could see he tired towards the end, understandably so.

Good squad member to have back.

I agree with this but it’s not gonna work with the front three.

Whoever comes in isn’t going to be considerably better than Mane/firmino

At the least for me we need a goalscoring wide player, as near to the quality of Mane and Salah as we can find. Then it’s four into three, before the quality drops too much.

Then improve that midfield and we’re in business.

• Upvote 2

At the least for me we need a goalscoring wide player, as near to the quality of Mane and Salah as we can find. Then it’s four into three, before the quality drops too much.

Then improve that midfield and we’re in business.

Absolutely. We need a legitimate sub for at least one of Salah or Mané. A central player to spell Bobby would be nice as well but its not as critical in my opinion.

To be fair plenty of Reds are happy with it too.

2 dropped points imo

Yeah but we have bigger fish to fry on Tuesday. Would loved to have gone gung ho in this game and turned them over again. But if our players are injured or out of gas for Tuesday plenty would be bellyaching a lot more about why did we not rest players or just play within ourselves.

Just goes to show, if Firmino had picked up a serious injury at anytime during the season, we would be totally fucked.

Why?

He was worse then both Ings and Solanke combined when he came on.

Whisper it, but he was just as shite v city also.

• Downvote 5

To be fair plenty of Reds are happy with it too.

2 dropped points imo

It is a bit frustrating that in both league derbies this season we have been unable to put a terrible Everton team to the sword due to rotation/fixtures etc.

That said we haven't lost - look ok for top 4 and of course we have a massive European game and a good chance of more to maybe come so if being a little bit frustrated over not being able to dick the bitters is the "price to pay" (for want of a better phrase) i for one will take it.

They are fucking shite though...proper shite - must be horrible watching that shite every week.

There is a huge huge drop in quality from starting line up to the backups. Solanke and Ings hopefully will be upgraded on in the summer. 

We need to add another midfielder at least on top of Keita, and looking at Lovren today, seems he will always be Lovren. Everytime he get pulled to the side lines he is like a deer in the headlights, completely loses it everytime. 

We never really gave it a go. The last twenty minutes we invited pressure. Not keeping the ball and stop playing football tends to do that. At least they didn't take their chances in the end.

A draw is acceptable but definetly not good enough against a side so shit as the booos.

What the hell was wrong with the atmosphere ? most flaccid  derby in years. I know we were saving for Tuesday, and a few injuries, but the game was there for the taking, and the Everton support was virtually non existant.