Nelly-Torres

Art....

13 minutes ago, Mook said:

I love this but have no idea who painted it...

Screenshot_20211021-223824_Instagram.jpg

That's decent. I've got a butterfly tattoo on my arm, that's better though. 

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

And Pennine landscape painter, Peter Brook.

B204316F-421B-424D-977F-2D87EBF5411D.jpeg

937A1E48-FDCC-4A0B-B8AE-E04DC4F8E6C8.jpeg

A24E3324-93EC-4ED0-9B0E-883BC97B73A4.jpeg

Love those, so bleak. Love bleakness in art be it music, paintings or poetry. I like that the man and his dog are in all three.

8 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Love those, so bleak. Love bleakness in art be it music, paintings or poetry. I like that the man and his dog are in all three.

If you like bleak art, you'll like George Shaw. Paints scenes of contemporary life on council estates around his home town of Coventry. All painted in Humbro paints. I'm a big fan and apparently Robbie Williams has a big collection of his work. It's a niche taste though. 

4680.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 29/09/2021 at 20:32, Anubis said:

This is just fucking superb. 

Reminds me of the KLF burning that £1 million. Apparently his kids give him a very hard time about it now that they are older and struggling to get on the property ladder.

12 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

My youngest and I are currently trying to recreate this in oils as part of his homework on the Thames. I may post the finished creation but in the light of my experiences on the breakfast thread, maybe not. 

13E9C387-71F2-4F28-8EDF-9DEECBC25783.jpeg

A wise move, I think.

• Upvote 1

It's a bit fucked up but I like Saturn Devouring His Son by Francisco Goya. Not sure it's one you'd have a print of in your living room though! 

I'd love to go to the Prado and the whole Paseo del Arte in Madrid. To see the above (below too), Guernica by Picasso and Las Meninas by Diego Velázquez. 

c8be2800-2c71-4695-9ccb-4d6ccde35bfd_832.jpg

I've got a little over two hours to decide if I really need to buy this at auction. It speaks to me...

https://www.maynardsfineart.com/auction-lot/Enook-Manomie,-Iqaluit,-11-x-7-x-3-3-4-in.-27.9_DD440FFB27/

I've been watching it for a week or so, but now it's getting a little out of my price range (add 20% premium + tax)

eWdJ7S9.jpg

• Upvote 1