You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Gomez out for a month

Lee909

I think he has all of the physical gifts you need to be a fantastic centre back including lightning speed when fully fit. He needs to improve on technical and tactical aspects and I am sure Jürgen is aware of that. In a market where great cb’s are like hens teeth and really ordinary cb’s like Maguire are talked of in the £40m bracket it would be crazy to give up on him at his age.

• 8 months later...

I think we'll need to go relatively, if not properly big on another centre half this summer. Gomez is slipping into the Daniel Agger category of being brilliant yet constructed of glass and other brittle materials. 

It would also be nice of the club to tell us exactly what's wrong with our injured players. At least then we can not get our hopes up. Has Chamberlains actual injury been revealed? 

It's all just fucking frustrating as had we had Joe and Trent lately, I'm sure we'd be near ten points clear of city presently.

Wish our injures would just cunt the cunt off!

Not surprised. Klopp was very cagey about injuries all through the window drip feeding bad news . Getting anyone decent in at CB in January would have been tough and we should know by now he would rather work with the squad than bring in journeymen that don't know the system. Hopefully Matip can stay in one piece until Lovren is patched up for a couple of games but the pair of them ain't going to get us through the season without Gomez coming back and that's in doubt now. Win on Monday and worry about the next game then I guess

As well as recalling Clyne (if possible), at this point it would be worth looking around for free agents to bolster the squad. Fabinho can play at CB if necessary but you’ve then removed arguably our best central midfielder; a clapped-out Yaya Toure would probably be more use to us in the latter stages of the season than some of the players we have.

6 hours ago, Baltar said:

We had all month to bring in some cover at the back and did nothing. If these defensive injuries cost us the title, questions will need to be asked about this "transfer committee". 

Correct, I have no sympathy whatsoever for the powers that be over this. It was obvious the defence was being stretched by the fact that we are playing midfielders there. Hopefully they will find a way of muddling through it but it's far from ideal that the team top of the League in February do not have a full defence.