You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Gomez out for a month

Lee909

You see this, Mike? This is what happens when you get a bit of praise and you let it go to your head and rest on your laurels.

Look at these poor people, Mike. They’re going out of their minds with worry. This is all on you, Mike. All on you.

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You see this, Mike? This is what happens when you get a bit of praise and you let it go to your head and rest on your laurels.

Look at these poor people, Mike. They’re going out of their minds with worry. This is all on you, Mike. All on you.

It's not the high fee,its not the low fee,its the right fee!

19 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

When is Joey going to be back? If we get through the next two league games, we don't play the mancs until the 24th feb.

We need lots of pace for that game. Trent will be a massive boost to us when he comes back, especially for united.

Surgery means a long time out. No chance for the Mancs or more importantly the Bayern game with Van Dyke suspended 

38 minutes ago, Mr pink said:

Surgery means a long time out. No chance for the Mancs or more importantly the Bayern game with Van Dyke suspended 

He was never gonna in the running for the Bayern game anyway, even without this setback.

33 minutes ago, Mr pink said:

Shit I forgot about Virgil missing the Bayern game. 

Who the fuck are we gonna play in defence? 

Will look funny actually if it's Matip and Fabinho both being lanky streaks of piss. 

2 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He got bashed into a hording. He can hardly be a crock for that. 

No. He's gone. Might as well tie him in a sack with a brick and drop him in the canal. 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/336587-joe-gomez-injury-latest-jurgen-klopp

23 minutes ago, an tha said:

6 weeks was very optimistic a case of either Klopp being overly positive or just rank bad advice from medical team

Klopp has a tendency to be economical with the truth regarding injuries and have no doubt this Gomez setback was held back until after the window closed. We all like to be in the know but objectively its better for the club if expectations are managed rather that have to deal with constant questions about signing replacements when in all likelihood no suitable players were available in January. My only real criticism was letting Clyne go without a recall clause.

37 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Klopp has a tendency to be economical with the truth regarding injuries and have no doubt this Gomez setback was held back until after the window closed. We all like to be in the know but objectively its better for the club if expectations are managed rather that have to deal with constant questions about signing replacements when in all likelihood no suitable players were available in January. My only real criticism was letting Clyne go without a recall clause.

I know he is big on squad harmony and getting the right players but it seems to me he is taking unnecessary risks with this defensive situation.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I know he is big on squad harmony and getting the right players but it seems to me he is taking unnecessary risks with this defensive situation.

I don't know what he's supposed to do. Panic buy and pay through the nose for a player that is just as likely to be no better than using youngsters or playing squad players out of position. I think Klopp prefers to work with what he has rather than have the distraction of fitting new player into his system at such a critical time. If it goes tits up then he's damned whatever he does. There's a real chance we will falter in the run in because of defensive injuries that's where we are.

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I don't know what he's supposed to do. Panic buy and pay through the nose for a player that is just as likely to be no better than using youngsters or playing squad players out of position. I think Klopp prefers to work with what he has rather than have the distraction of fitting new player into his system at such a critical time. If it goes tits up then he's damned whatever he does. There's a real chance we will falter in the run in because of defensive injuries that's where we are.

I am not saying it is easy but for me (and we don't know if maybe they tried but couldn't get right player) I would have thought defensive reinforcements given the circumstances would have been seen as necessary.

Seeing players out of position has already seen a team who barely concede start to concede a soft goal or two.

Especially given we are going to need to bring a lot of players in during summer - maybe getting one ir two now would not only help with the obvious need now but also ease the settling in period and not have as big amount of players all trying to settle in at same time in summer.

Looking across our squad there is potentially a lot of it going this summer...

Bert Moron

Sturridge

Origi

Lallana

Milner

Clyne

Solanke already gone.

Plus it can be argued we need improvements to centre halves.

That is a lot of upheaval - potentially a lot of new players to settle.

I suppose some will be seeing youth step up but still a sizeable ask.

When you look at our squad it makes what Klopp has got out of them all the more remarkable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I am not saying it is easy but for me (and we don't know if maybe they tried but couldn't get right player) I would have thought defensive reinforcements given the circumstances would have been seen as necessary.

Especially given we are going to need to bring a lot of players in during summer - maybe getting one ir two now would not only help with the obvious need now but also ease the settling in period and not have as big amount of players all trying to settle in at same time in summer.

Looking across our squad there is potentially a lot of it going this summer...

Bert Moron

Sturridge

Origi

Lallana

Milner

Clyne

Solanke already gone.

Plus it can be argued we need improvements to centre halves.

That is a lot of upheaval - potentially a lot of new players to settle.

I suppose some will be seeing youth step up but still a sizeable ask.

When you look at our squad it makes what Klopp has got out of them all the more remarkable.

I'm sure they looked at one or two signings last month and may well have lined a couple up for the summer but getting decent players in mid season is tough . No one wants to sell 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

I'm sure they looked at one or two signings last month and may well have lined a couple up for the summer but getting decent players in mid season is tough . No one wants to sell 

Agree it is not easy in Jan.

As for Summer looks like more than a couple needed.

We have no left back cover.

Unreliable right back cover.

Centre halves with bad injury records.

No real forward cover at all outside front 3.

Again it shows though it some feat from Klopp to have such a squad where it is in league!