Quantcast
Sliding Doors moment..a "What if ?" scenario - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Priory Doctor

Sliding Doors moment..a "What if ?" scenario

Tim Howard doesn't spill that last minute free kick straight to the Porto player in the Champions league game at Old Trafford.

No sliding Mourinho soaking up the glory. No Porto Champions League win

Probably no move to Chelsea to spend multi millions of dodgy Russian money and win trophies galore,and the moves that followed for Mourinho.

He should give thanks to old rubber wrists Howard every day. 

Christmas 2013.  The linesman at the Etihad correctly allows Raheem Stirling's clearly onside goal to stand.  Everything else stays the same - Stevie G's slip, the 3-3 at Palace, etc. - but Liverpool are Champions.

• Upvote 4

Everton Football Club reach an amicable agreement with their landlord and remain at Anfield.

Liverpool Football Club never exists.

Homer-Simpson-Screaming.gif?ssl=1

• Upvote 5

Freaks my nut out to this day that we never got to see Roy Hodgson's long term vision for the club.

• Upvote 1

If Baros wouldn't have gotten out of the way of Smicers shot in Istanbul.

• Upvote 1

11 May 2003.  Liverpool beat Chelsea in the last game of the season and qualify for the Champions' League at Chelsea's expense.  Roman Abramovic decides not to put his money into the financially ailing club, who spiral down the divisions, with nobody shedding a tear for them. 

Liverpool get royally bummed in the 2003/04 Champions' League.

John Barnes takes the ball to the corner flag instead of crossing it. The move starts and ends up with Michael Thomas scoring. Then every Arsenal fan would have nothing to talk about for the last 29 years.

• Upvote 1

Goal Line Technology is introduced to the Premier League in 1997. The referee is immediately notified that the ball did indeed cross the line at the Reebok Stadium, and Bolton are awarded a goal. Everything else stays the same.

Mark Robins doesn’t score at Nottingham Forest in 1990 and United go out of the FA Cup.

• Upvote 1

Probably the biggest one is if we had beat 15th place Palace in 1990, then (hopefully) smashed 13th place Man Utd in final, they wouldn’t of won the cup winners cup the year after either

Sheik Yabooty at City decides to put his money in Everton instead as he is Born Not Manufactured.

Neuer rolls the ball out to Ramos who quickly plays it to Kroos a sweeping cross field ball finds Neymar who crosses first time for Kane. Everton 5 Real Madrid nil. The Champjp s League is on it's way to the 200k seater New Goodison.

• Upvote 2

If Pierluigi Collina’s Dad had just spaffed on his Mum’s back that night.

Christmas 2013.  The linesman at the Etihad correctly allows Raheem Stirling's clearly onside goal to stand.  Everything else stays the same - Stevie G's slip, the 3-3 at Palace, etc. - but Liverpool are Champions.

Or in the Chelsea home game we get and score the obvious penalty for Cahill diving full length to punch away Suarez's shot in the second half.

Probably the biggest one is if we had beat 15th place Palace in 1990, then (hopefully) smashed 13th place Man Utd in final, they wouldn’t of won the cup winners cup the year after either

actually they still would of qualified for cup winners cup my mistake, quoting myself because I don’t know how to edit

If Sky hadn't invented football in 1992 what would we all have to talk about...

Thanks, Sky.

• Upvote 1

Goal Line Technology is introduced to the Premier League in 1997. The referee is immediately notified that the ball did indeed cross the line at the Reebok Stadium, and Bolton are awarded a goal. Everything else stays the same.

Haha I mentioned this to a very opinionated bitter a few years ago I was told that I had a brilliant memory , it soon shut him up

Graeme Souness' stint as Liverpool manager sees him claim titles number 19, 20, 21 and 22 and Liverpool remain on their fucking perch. Sorry about the profanity there.

Graeme Souness' stint as Liverpool manager sees him claim titles number 19, 20, 21 and 22 and Liverpool remain on their fucking perch. Sorry about the profanity there.

Don't fucking worry about it.