You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sliding Doors moment..a "What if ?" scenario

Priory Doctor

Tim Howard doesn't spill that last minute free kick straight to the Porto player in the Champions league game at Old Trafford.

No sliding Mourinho soaking up the glory. No Porto Champions League win

Probably no move to Chelsea to spend multi millions of dodgy Russian money and win trophies galore,and the moves that followed for Mourinho.

He should give thanks to old rubber wrists Howard every day. 

11 May 2003.  Liverpool beat Chelsea in the last game of the season and qualify for the Champions' League at Chelsea's expense.  Roman Abramovic decides not to put his money into the financially ailing club, who spiral down the divisions, with nobody shedding a tear for them. 

Liverpool get royally bummed in the 2003/04 Champions' League.

Goal Line Technology is introduced to the Premier League in 1997. The referee is immediately notified that the ball did indeed cross the line at the Reebok Stadium, and Bolton are awarded a goal. Everything else stays the same.

Sheik Yabooty at City decides to put his money in Everton instead as he is Born Not Manufactured.

Neuer rolls the ball out to Ramos who quickly plays it to Kroos a sweeping cross field ball finds Neymar who crosses first time for Kane. Everton 5 Real Madrid nil. The Champjp s League is on it's way to the 200k seater New Goodison.

• Upvote 2

Christmas 2013.  The linesman at the Etihad correctly allows Raheem Stirling's clearly onside goal to stand.  Everything else stays the same - Stevie G's slip, the 3-3 at Palace, etc. - but Liverpool are Champions.

Or in the Chelsea home game we get and score the obvious penalty for Cahill diving full length to punch away Suarez's shot in the second half.

Probably the biggest one is if we had beat 15th place Palace in 1990, then (hopefully) smashed 13th place Man Utd in final, they wouldn’t of won the cup winners cup the year after either

actually they still would of qualified for cup winners cup my mistake, quoting myself because I don’t know how to edit

Goal Line Technology is introduced to the Premier League in 1997. The referee is immediately notified that the ball did indeed cross the line at the Reebok Stadium, and Bolton are awarded a goal. Everything else stays the same.

Haha I mentioned this to a very opinionated bitter a few years ago I was told that I had a brilliant memory , it soon shut him up